• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Chances are anything big is being saved/pushed for next-gen. IF we're getting a new Splinter Cell, etc., it's being made for the new consoles. Maybe teasers next year.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

I was only half-watching 'cause it clashed with WoW raid time, but why was there an adorable dog on stage?

Not that I'm disapproving, I think this would improve more E3 conferences. "We now pause this conference for the puppy and kitten interval"

Edit: Maybe Nintendo have secretly announced that 35 minutes of their Direct will be a Nintendogs speedrun and Ubi are getting ahead of the game?

Oct 27, 2017
Legit question but is the rayman IP dead?

Ubisoft seems to resurrect/put to bed various brandings/IPs without much warning, so not likely but who really knows. I thought the 2D games were quite successful for them if I recall correctly.

They seem to be focused again on AAA games for now, but I think they'll switch back to some of those great smaller games they were making at some point.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Yeah was a rather strong start and then

Handful of cool things with Watch Dogs Legion and Gods and Monsters (potentially).

Yep. What a waste, I've had just about had enough of CG trailers. What's up with all these pubs this year.

Don't know about you guys, but they clearly didn't have enough machine guns in this show.

Will of the Wisps looked incredible last night. Gutted by the release date though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So you have a brand new IP that you worked on for many years, and it releases in february 2020.

And then you have E3, where you have every gamer in the world's attention.

How in the FUCK do you not show gameplay?

....because it's in the Direct?

Hey, here's hoping!

Edit: Actually, fair's fair, it does look like the sort of multiplatform game Nintendo would be interested in leading the promotion for.

Oct 27, 2017
I hear you fam
GiftedPerkyHarrier-size_restricted.gif

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Nintendo's still here?

Honestly Nintendo's 40 minute show I look super forward too after the shit shows this year. Bethesda's only good thing that they showed well was Wolfenstein, Doom eternal.

Ubisoft was Watch Dogs. Xbox was gamepass and Keanu.

Like seriously You wonder if Sony knew of what pipeline wise ubisoft had ahead of time? Or they knew that most of 2019 was going to be a wash because next gen is around the corner.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I lost it at "Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy".
BG&E2 was silently killed, I guess.
Splinter Cell :(

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
sony won nothing cause they didnt show nothing, i am disappointed at what was shown but you know the biggest disappointment? sony not being there, people here follow some business decisions like a religion or something, yeah, reaply great sony didnt show up, it was good for all of us.
I'm only thinking that way because everybody ended up in the negative when they showed their conferences. Only company that didn't was Sony. Therefore they won e3. And guess what, if Sony did have a conference that would've been disappointing as well because they probably would've been holding onto their cards till next e3.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Worst Ubisoft conference for me in years because most games didn't interest me. But that's OK, Watchdogs saved it single handedly. Still disappointed that there was no big Switch game or a Nintendo collab.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Honestly Nintendo's 40 minute show I look super forward too after the shit shows this year. Bethesda's only good thing that they showed well was Wolfenstein, Doom eternal.

Ubisoft was Watch Dogs. Xbox was gamepass and Keanu.

Like seriously You wonder if Sony knew of what pipeline wise ubisoft had ahead of time? Or they knew that most of 2019 was going to be a wash because next gen is around the corner.

Eh, I reckon Sony bowed out because they didn't want to just show the same games again for a second year (and because there wouldn't be many big 3rd party reveals that Microsoft didn't already have).

And you did word that as if Nintendo wasn't there at all so I was kinda confused.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
No Rayman? Lame.

Quarantine is a nice announcement. Seems like they're reusing Siege operators, which is great news.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
it really is the tail end of the generation, I feel like most everyone (myself included) forgot how the last E3 before a gen switch is typically quieter.

I'm very excited for Gods & Monsters personally (Odyssey is fantastic and it'll be nice to have that but... simpler and less of a time investment), and Watch Dogs Legion doesn't look as bad as I thought it would going by the box art. Kinda hope the permadeath is a toggle though, and the amount of guns is incredibly lame, hoping there are non-lethal characters.

I've never really cared about any Tom Clancy games so that was all basically white noise to me

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
sony won nothing cause they didnt show nothing, i am disappointed at what was shown but you know the biggest disappointment? sony not being there, people here follow some business decisions like a religion or something, yeah, reaply great sony didnt show up, it was good for all of us.

They straight up got people hyped for Square Enix show with FF7R trailer during their state of play, on top of having people talk about how wild Death Stranding looks.

They even were smarter in how they put out some details for next gen in the wired article. XBox had the whole stage to themselves and didn't do shit with it outside of drive home third party games coming to xbox and gamepass. They didn't even put out a fucking gameplay trailer for a game that comes out in 3 months.

They literally blew it really badly. If Sony does a state of play in the next couple months then does a event closer to the end of 2019, people will be talking about it for a long time as they made the smarter choice not doing a conference at E3.

Nintendo was smart to get out for the most part because of other reasons.

peppersky

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
I really think we need to start thinking about curbing the amount of violence in these games. I know it's not a popular opinion though.
Even besides the violence, I just don't see how interesting the thousand variation on "shoot-or-punch this thing to progress" can really be in 2019. I feel like you can count the number of games that don't feature violence in their core gameplay systems at this e3 on two hands.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Worst Ubisoft conference for me in years because most games didn't interest me. But that's OK, Watchdogs saved it single handedly. Still disappointed that there was no big Switch game or a Nintendo collab.

?

Roller Champions is somewhat big and Gods and Monsters is a big get for the system.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Gods & Monsters looked interested, but that's literally the only game from this presentation that I'm interested in. Since it's coming in February, I wish we would have gotten some more information on it.

Was hoping for another Mario + Rabbids game or another Ubi-Art game (Child of Light, Valiant Hearts). I wasn't interested in any of the shooter stuff at all.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Chances are anything big is being saved/pushed for next-gen. IF we're getting a new Splinter Cell, etc., it's being made for the new consoles. Maybe teasers next year.

Probably teasers next year. Next gen probably isn't going to get going properly until 2021, games are taking longer and longer to knock into shape.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I know people like to meme about Ubisoft having samey feeling games, but MY GOD do all their Tom Clancy/Ghost Recon shit just blend together nowadays :/

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
You aren't going to believe this! Ubi is going to launch their own subscription service for $14.99!!

It's a joke right?

Depends on how much you like macho online shooters

In all seriousness Watch Dogs Legion looks great

Not that much but I'm watching the R6 Siege show right now, it looks nice (I know it's a good game comeback but never played it). As I see the overlord view, they should do a Tactics of this game, it would be great.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very excited for Gods & Monsters personally (Odyssey is fantastic and it'll be nice to have that but... simpler and less of a time investment), and Watch Dogs Legion doesn't look as bad as I thought it would going by the box art. Kinda hope the permadeath is a toggle though, and the amount of guns is incredibly lame, hoping there are non-lethal characters.
Yeah, that combo of that art style and Odyssey for Gods & Monsters seems to have a ton of potential despite ending the conference without showing much. And Watch Dogs had a great demo, way more interesting than I expected from art too.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Eh, I reckon Sony bowed out because they didn't want to just show the same games again for a second year (and because there wouldn't be many big 3rd party reveals that Microsoft didn't already have).

And you did word that as if Nintendo wasn't there at all so I was kinda confused.

Oh I agree. But them slowly advertising their games coming up with state of play is the smarter play then trying to have a conference where they show the same games again.

Nintendo has been pretty smart in keeping their conferences/directs for E3 focused for the most part. My issue is they don't fill them with big reveals like Sony and Microsoft do.

But I feel them being quiet most of this year was to save some things for E3.