• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Worst Ubisoft conference for me in years because most games didn't interest me. But that's OK, Watchdogs saved it single handedly. Still disappointed that there was no big Switch game or a Nintendo collab.
I hope there's something ubi related on the direct. Would love a new crossover experimental game.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yeah, I meant the exclusive variety. Those other two games are ones that I'd probably prefer on PS4 if I bought them.

Ah, well I doubt we're going to get any Switch exclusives from Ubisoft unless they're built around Nintendo characters; so best wait for a Mario & Rabbids sequel or something. There's no reason for them to not put a game like Gods and Monsters on other platforms, even if the game itself is built for the Switch.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm very excited for Gods & Monsters personally (Odyssey is fantastic and it'll be nice to have that but... simpler and less of a time investment)

This is what I want too. I'm hoping it's a nice, tight 30-40 hour game at the most and not a 120 hour with 2,000,000 sidequests and a collectables and 200 DLCs kind of thing.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Worst Ubisoft conference for me in years because most games didn't interest me. But that's OK, Watchdogs saved it single handedly. Still disappointed that there was no big Switch game or a Nintendo collab.

Gods and Monsters is coming to Switch I think. And I guess you can call that a collab considering how much it looks like botw

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
D8utIZmWsAAtdPE

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody high up in Ubisoft seems to love Tom Glancy apparently. 3/4 was filled with Tom Glancy military borefest. Ubisoft is either creatively bankrupt... or is just bringing the games most people want to play.

And to think we had Valiant Hearts, Child of Light and two splendid Rayman games only a few years ago...

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Kotaku has a lot more information on Gods & Monsters:

kotaku.com

Gods & Monsters Is A New Ubisoft Game That's Like Zelda With Greek Mythology

Somehow, the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey are deep in development on a game that looks like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild crossed with Greek myth. It’s a big surprise, especially because the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey just shipped a 100+ hour game last October and now...

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
At this rate, it is up to sqex and nintendo to save the e3. Everyone has some good moment but is not enough.

Nyarlah

Apr 20, 2018
Very disappointed with this conference. Another subscribtion model nobody asked for, military sequels, and nothing to show for the only 2 high points (rocket league and BOTW).

I'm actually very disappointed with this whole E3 this year. Bethesda was a disaster, MS was just the acceptable average and blurriness.

I can't say Sony won, because they didn't show up; but I'll just say I wish they'd shown up, because I need more actors to make this E3 not bad. Please Square/Nintendo, deliver us from disappointment.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I know people like to meme about Ubisoft having samey feeling games, but MY GOD do all their Tom Clancy/Ghost Recon shit just blend together nowadays :/

I think that one thing that struck me - and this is perhaps more an indictment of the fact that I don't really play them than anything else - my initial impression on Elite Squad being pitched as "play with all your favourite characters from Tom Clancy games" is "Tom Clancy games have characters?". Sam aside, of course.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kotaku has a lot more information on Gods & Monsters:

kotaku.com

Gods & Monsters Is A New Ubisoft Game That's Like Zelda With Greek Mythology

Somehow, the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey are deep in development on a game that looks like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild crossed with Greek myth. It’s a big surprise, especially because the makers of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey just shipped a 100+ hour game last October and now...

Insane that they're able to make something like this in just over a year (although I doubt it will have quite as much content (or at least as much good content) as BotW).

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
9/10. Wow, what a show! So many interesting announcements- they just kept coming. Better than MS and Bethesda for sure.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
That was a terrible conference. I get that some people like WD3 but its really did nothing for me tone wise. Everything else was just plain bad. Why the heck did they show BGE2 so damn early?

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
So far one of the worst e3 for me. Watchdogs Legion looked dope, but that was about it.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Pretty bad pacing, went downhill after WD3.
Some good stuff shown in segments that were way too long.

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest with ourselves. The penultimate year before a new gen launches always, always fucking sucks.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest with ourselves. The penultimate year before a new gen launches always, always fucking sucks.

....Does it, though? I went back and saw E3 2012. That shit was dire. The reality is this was an excellent list of games, just presented poorly.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
Watch Dogs 3
Gods and Monsters
Rainbow Six: Quarantine

Are all scheduled to hit by March 2020. Ubisoft in 2012 didn't have this.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
....Does it, though? I went back and saw E3 2012. That shit was dire. The reality is this was an excellent list of games, just presented poorly.

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
Watch Dogs 3
Gods and Monsters
Rainbow Six: Quarantine

Are all scheduled to hit by March 2020. Ubisoft in 2012 didn't have this.
I don't think these were presented poorly. I don't what people want.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So... Where was beyond good and evil? Anyone think maybe Sony partnered with them for their own show/release info for it?