Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
That's great news. Cross-progression to that scale is such a great feature. For the some of the open-world Ubi games, it would be awesome to have should I run into an awesome deal on a second copy down the road.

I would love for this to become an industry standard.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
They've already said Division 2 won't be getting upgraded for next gen consoles, so I doubt they'd put in even more time to add cross progression/cross play. Game is winding down next year I bet.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Put cross progression on division 2 and I may play it again on PC! (Or maybe PS5 if it's a free upgrade)

Rasmus_ep

Sep 25, 2020
This is great news!

With the cross-progression I guess there is no problem getting AC Valhalla Digitally on PS4 at launch and we will then be able to download it on PS5 a week later when it lunches and be able to continue the same save.

Took a surprisingly long time to get the above clarified...

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Everyone needs to do this. There's zero reason why cross-progression and cross-play (hell I'd say even cross-buy) isn't a standard industry wide.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I was just thinking about this the other day. We haven't really had many big news regarding crossplay and cross-progression since Sony had acknowledged their support for it last autumn. I would love if Ubisoft would also extend this commitment to some of their older titles, and also make achievements transferable.

Wonder if others will follow suit.

I've been reluctant to start Genshin Impact on PS4 because they don't support cross-progression.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Cross save is megaton.
Maybe someday you'll need to buy the game only once and play it everywhere. Would be great to have Immortals on PS5/Xbox Series and have an opportunity to play portable on SW without buying another copy of the game. Sweet dreams.
Still very good on Ubisoft's part.

Yes, buy once would be fantastic. I'm really glad for cross progression as a feature though. Should be standard for all games.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This is what I wanted. Because as my PS5 will be better than my PC right now, I want to play games on that for the future. But I had a bunch of Ubisoft Club unlocks for the PC versions of some games.

Now games will have a single page, so exclusive items will be across all platforms, thank god.

I know they're going to go back and update a FEW old games but not all. I imagine the last two AC titles. They already had a list of ones they AREN'T updating.

It sucks losing the challenges for old games, though.

MarkRJR

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. I have an Xbox/Switch so being able to play Ubisoft's multiplayer games with my friends who have PS/PC will be really nice. Great move and I hope other publishers do this.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
This is what I wanted. Because as my PS5 will be better than my PC right now, I want to play games on that for the future. But I had a bunch of Ubisoft Club unlocks for the PC versions of some games.

Now games will have a single page, so exclusive items will be across all platforms, thank god.

I know they're going to go back and update a FEW old games but not all. I imagine the last two AC titles. They already had a list of ones they AREN'T updating.

It sucks losing the challenges for old games, though.
Logged into AC Origins last night and I had a ton of Club rewards auto granted and all the challenges gone. I agree this will be nice, and I like that unlocks will be uniform across platforms.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Lelouch0612 may be worth adding info from here to op: https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/faqs/58911?isSso=true&refreshStatus=noLoginData

Suggests cross play will come.to those titles at least.
It's frustrating how unclear all of this is but I'm fairly sure that the games transitioning to Ubisoft Connect just means they are getting the transition of challenges and rewards, new interface features, etc. as opposed to auto unlocking all the challenges and rewards...but not actual cross-progression or cross-play. There's been a couple of Youtube vids about it in the Div community and while most are hoping those things come for the health of the game, consensus seems to be that this page does not confirm it.

There is another page that specifically mentions games getting cross-progression and many of these aren't listed.

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
It's frustrating how unclear all of this is but I'm fairly sure that the games transitioning to Ubisoft Connect just means they are getting the transition of challenges and rewards, new interface features, etc. as opposed to auto unlocking all the challenges and rewards...but not actual cross-progression or cross-play. There's been a couple of Youtube vids about it in the Div community and while most are hoping those things come for the health of the game, consensus seems to be that this page does not confirm it.

There is another page that specifically mentions games getting cross-progression and many of these aren't listed.

Haven't they alluded to wanting to do it for their big games? Is surely a cert for the full GaaS games like siege.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Cross progression is nice, but does that mean save data for their games will be server based? And does it mean it will be always online drm?

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Cross progression is nice, but does that mean save data for their games will be server based? And does it mean it will be always online drm?
Still saved locally for those without internet, but if you log into Club (now Connect) it also syncs to cloud. It's fairly obvious it works that way now already, they just tore down the walls between platforms.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Haven't they alluded to wanting to do it for their big games? Is surely a cert for the full GaaS games like siege.
They have...and that's why it's been really depressing for the community:
- they've confirmed they aren't working on optimizing Div 2 for next-gen (despite the fact that PC has 60fps, consoles don't)
- they've previously said cross-save only works in terms of Stadia
- and then this announcement came out, and the community got briefly excited. No Div 2 State Of The Game on the usual Wednesday (yesterday, which would have lined up with the announce), the devs aren't answering the pointed questions, or correcting the content creators making videos saying it isn't coming, etc.

...it's pretty widely known that while Div 2 sold bonkers numbers, it under-performed compared to their sales expectations. They are clearly working with a skeleton staff, and it's widely assumed that outside of the cookie cutter seasonal content going until March, and a time-limited event in Kenly College, that we've seen the last of the major updates for the game.

It's unfortunate...cross-play for Div 2 would really help with endgame activities like the Raids, Legendary Summit, high-level farming, etc.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do I have to sign up for Ubisoft Connect in order to transfer my save file from Ps4 to Ps5 or can I use Ps4/5's cloud as well?