• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
news.ubisoft.com

Ubisoft Forward Returns July 7 with Skull and Bones; Multi-Game Showcase Coming September 10

Two separate Ubisoft Forward events are on the horizon; the first, focusing solely on Skull and Bones, premieres on July 7.

There's already a thread on the Skull & Bones stream but they have also announced their main showcase in the same announcement:

Then, on September 10 at 12:00PM PT/ 9:00PM CEST, Ubisoft Forward returns in full force, ready to reveal updates and news on multiple games and projects from Ubisoft teams around the world. Ubisoft Forward will broadcast on YouTube, Twitch, and on our official website. Visit Ubisoft.com/Forward on September 10 to watch in your preferred format with multiple language and accessibility options.

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
If Avatar is really going to come out this year, it will probably take up a large part of the stream, we haven't seen anything about the game except for the announcement trailer.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Guess this where we'll be seeing the new Assassin's Creed. Any idea what it's supposed to be? Hopeful we'll get a look at that Star Wars game they got too.

Saladin

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 27, 2021
I want to be excited for this but I can't. I hope they prove me wrong

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Would like to learn more about Avatar and when Ubisoft+ will be on xbox. Will definitely be using that to play Avatar.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care if it's 3 years out or more given what Massive is currently working on but I hope they announce The Division 3 in some capacity. I'm afraid the series might be done outside of the Heartland project.

megamanofnumbers

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Seems a tad early to announce a single company event like this. But I'll keep my eye on this.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they show something Splinter Cell related. Even if it is just a tease.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Why announce it so early? So many things can go wrong in the time between now and the event.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I don't care if it's 3 years out or more given what Massive is currently working on but I hope they announce The Division 3 in some capacity. I'm afraid the series might be done outside of the Heartland project.
Massive arent making The Division 3. They are finishing up on Avatar and moving to a Star Wars game next. In their scale of games it doesnt make much sense for Massive to be working on multiple projects in full production simultaniously.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I can't even remember the last time I thought an Ubisoft Forward was good, but maybe with Avatar (maybe) coming out this fall and their Star Wars project in development, this will have something worthwhile for me for once.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How many new thrilling battle arena/royale games will they announce? I hope SC at least is still single player.

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Avatar makes it out this year. Considering it's been in development so long, I expect it to be a notch above most licensed movie games of the past (outside of Insomniac's Spider-Man).

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Hype for avatar

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I think Div 3 is still coming, just not till after their Star Wars project…. Unless they also wanna do sequels to that and Avatar, in which case yeah, series may be done/moved over to a different team

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
The only game that matters is Rocksmith+. It is rumored to have keyboard support.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Guess this where we'll be seeing the new Assassin's Creed. Any idea what it's supposed to be?
Aside from Assassin's Creed Infinity the rumours suggest that the next AC game to release will be a smaller game, set before Valhalla, located in (and probably around) Baghdad, with Basim as the main character. The suggestion for much of the time that these rumours were floating around was that Ubisoft weren't sure if this was a 2022 game or early 2023 - them leaving it this late means it's virtually certain to be 2023.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from Assassin's Creed Infinity the rumours suggest that the next AC game to release will be a smaller game, set before Valhalla, located in (and probably around) Baghdad, with Basim as the main character. The suggestion for much of the time that these rumours were floating around was that Ubisoft weren't sure if this was a 2022 game or early 2023 - them leaving it this late means it's virtually certain to be 2023.
That sounds like it could be cool. Does the small size mean they might be going back to the old formula of stealth and parkour?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds like it could be cool. Does the small size mean they might be going back to the old formula of stealth and parkour?
That's the suggestion. I wouldn't take that as anywhere near definite though. The rumours were that this was Valhalla DLC that was meant to offer a shorter more linear experience, something a bit more like the older AC games, and that it then got spun into its own game. That's a major change to what was intended and it's possible that other changes happened as a result.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017

Oh shit alright I'm in

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's been said already but damn, an announcement of this 2 months out? Sheesh lol

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I literally forgot about that Avatar game. This will be their big holiday release then.

What else will be there though? If Massive's Star Wars game is ready, I hope we get a glimpse of that.
That Basim Assassin's Creed sounds promising, I hope we can return to a big city setting again with Baghdad.
Division Heartland maybe? It feels like it's in development forever.

Probably too early to hope for AC Infinity?

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Splinter Cell Remake and Splinter Cell VR for Quest 2 are the only things I'd be genuinely hyped for. Let's see if they show up.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Some new footage for Prince of Persia Remake at last? Probably too early for Splinter Cell but I'm interested to see Avatar and maaaybe the new Assassin's Creed.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
That's the suggestion. I wouldn't take that as anywhere near definite though. The rumours were that this was Valhalla DLC that was meant to offer a shorter more linear experience, something a bit more like the older AC games, and that it then got spun into its own game. That's a major change to what was intended and it's possible that other changes happened as a result.
Sounds like a direction I wanna head in. Hopefully we get the dense city vibe back from Unity. Maybe the parkour too.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Would be nice to see BH&E 2 again, but I doubt it'll be here. Same for their Star Wars project.

Interested in AC Basim and that'll be there, at least.