• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Edited the thread title a bit for more accuracy since Guillemot's response is more of a "no comment at this time" statement than a hint at anything.

barksi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What about that game from Clint Hocking and Ubi Toronto? (We know it's not a Splinter Cell game) It has been almost three years since Clint joined Ubi Toronto.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Watch Dogs 3 seems like a given.

And shifting AC to a two-year schedule, but with a large expansion DLC in the off-year seems smart. With how heavily Origins borrows from the Witcher 3, and how well the expansion model worked there, it feels pretty common sense. Give us a like 10ish-hour expansion sometime in the summer, sort of a mini-Brotherhood, maybe offer it as a stand-alone buy, too, like Uncharted did. Especially given that the Cleopatra-centric storyline for Origins still has a chapter to be told with her death and the fall of independent Egypt, that could be told reusing the same map.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure Guillemot was really hinting at no AC in 2018.
Edited the thread title a bit for more accuracy since Guillemot's response is more of a "no comment at this time" statement than a hint at anything.
So, are we interpreting Yves as going crazy and forgetting that they announced all their DLC already, Yves referring to Origins as a trilogy (thus there being more """Origins""" coming, even if it's not DLC), or Yves implying they're doing something like a $40 expansion pack?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
What about that game from Clint Hocking and Ubi Toronto? (We know it's not a Splinter Cell game) It has been almost three years since Clint joined Ubi Toronto.

Both Clint Hocking and Blacklist/Conviction creative director Max Beland are working on something at Toronto for years now.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
So, are we interpreting Yves as going crazy and forgetting that they announced all their DLC already, Yves referring to Origins as a trilogy (thus there being more """Origins""" coming, even if it's not DLC), or Yves implying they're doing something like a $40 expansion pack?
I think that moderator was clear CotP is the last story piece for Origins and Yves was just dodging the question. Perhaps there's new AC this fall and he simply didn't want it to give away yet.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Imo two years for WD3 dev time is too little. WD3 will fit better next March, just like FC5 now.

Eh. WD2 performed quite decently for the fall. I can see it getting moved if another AC is coming out or if they don't wanna run into RDR2, but otherwise I think two years is plenty of time for a Ubisoft developed title.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I think it depends on WD3's scope. I mean (almost) every AC game was in development 3+ years, so why WD, another open world games be different?

Like you said, depends on scope. They clearly had plans to do another WD at some point, hence them patching 2 to include a mention of London. Are they sticking with that? Who knows. Cool thing about Ubi is they often announce games then release the same year. Can't know what's coming unless they mention it in an earnings call or pop up at E3.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Like you said, depends on scope. They clearly had plans to do another WD at some point, hence them patching 2 to include a mention of London. Are they sticking with that? Who knows. Cool thing about Ubi is they often announce games then release the same year. Can't know what's coming unless they mention it in an earnings call or pop up at E3.
That reminds me, didn't Ubi announced like all of their games for this fiscal year right before their FY report last year? Perhaps we'll something similiar this year as well.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that was...different lol. We basically learned about everything except Starlink and BGE2. And Skull & Bones, I think they were quiet about that too.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Are there any press releases or anything of the sort mentioning the unannounced games? I know there's some slides of other things floating around, but didn't see anything for that.

Stellar Drift

Jan 6, 2018
Really interested in The Division 2. I know some people really bash the game, but the game world was truly amazing (art wise), and I think that the gameplay has improved since release.

I do think that the game may be better with a sci-fi lean though. It would fix an issue with "realism" and bullet-sponges, and could allow some more creativity with gear, guns, and skills. I know not everyone will agree but a lite-sci-fi element would be interesting.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Division 2 is now confirmed. Anyone want to take odds on the other game? Watch Dogs 3, Assassin's Creed, or some new IP?

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
So is there now more coming for origins or not? I wonder if they would go crazy and remake eg Rome for a new expansion.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Watch dogs 3 assuredly, but for the Spring. No way they launch near Red Dead.

That'd be pretty frustrating. Those two games don't scratch the same itch. They're both open world, but sometimes I wanna drive cars not ride horses.

Isn't that game Starlink ?

Almost definitely, yeah.

So is there now more coming for origins or not? I wonder if they would go crazy and remake eg Rome for a new expansion.

Current rumor is that they're making ACO into a trilogy. I think Greece was next? Maybe?

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really hoping for a Watch Dogs 3 announcement in the near future.
I hope they're taking their time with it. There's some pretty cool stuff they could do with Watch Dogs 3, service wise. Like an urban Wildlands or something in that vein. Surely GTA VI will go down that route so they'd have to be first, otherwise Rockstar will eat their lunch once again.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
For Honor 2, as much as I would love a sequel, has only been out for a year and is still getting support. Highly doubt it.

Seems like watch dog 3. To release either next year in early 2019 or maybe late 2019

Unless they want to be super fucking ballsy and release this year near red Dead 2.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Took the correct decision of waiting for the complete origins edition,cause these guys seem to wanna bleed us dry