• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Uplay:
- Cross game interaction? (so you can jump from one games lobby to another, or watch esport or spectator mode of one game in others. So the games feel integrated?)
- More optimized, more snappy, less resources?

Splinter Cell: Nothing new. There isn't a lot of interest.
Prince of Persia: Nothing new. Not a lot of interest.

Assassins Creed Origins:
- New Story campaign? (Rome or other parts of Italy?)
- New Playable character?
- Online Co-Op?
- Remakes of older Assassin games in Origins engine? (AC1, Ezio Trilogy, AC3 all ported to Origins Anvil engine)

For Honor:
- 8 vs 8 mode?
- Cross play?
- Real PvE campaign?
- Battle Royale?
- Co-Op Online Campaign?

Ghost Recon Wildlands:
- Single Player / Co-Op Story focused Expansion?
- 100 player Battle Royale?
- Strategy elements?

Far Cry 4:
- Heavy Arcade Support? - Monetized infrastructure build into Arcade? Mod makers can charge for mods, and Ubi gets a cut?
- More game assets from other Ubi games?
- Far Cry 1 and 2 remakes?
- Sequel to Blood Dragon?

Steep:
- F2P?
- Expansion Pass with new regions like Japan and Canada?
- Mountain Climbing?
- Career mode?
- SSX-Style mode?
- More persistent character MMO features?
- Switch port?

Rainbow Six Siege:
- Solo Campaign? Sam Fisher cameo?
- Battle Royale? Horde Mode?
- Xcom style perma death squad system (squad visual character customization, abillities, gear, loadout, weapons, psychological bond, perma death for squad members who die on missions)?

Beyond Good and Evil 2:
- 2019 release?
- Remake of BGE1?

World in Conflict 2:
- Remake of WiC 1
- WiC 2: 2021 (China invades US and Europe)

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Zero interest for WD3 os The Division 2 :/

More AC:O is good though. Let' see if Bayek will be the protagonist of they doing something more " adventurous"

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
My only guess would be "preference."
Beyond good and Evil, and Prince of Persia were fantasy-ish, I suppose. I'd like something more traditional elven/dwarves/horn people etc.

Same. I loved Assassin's Creed: Origins, and I think Ubisoft could create something really special in the high fantasy vein if they chose. And it's true, BGE2 is definitely space fantasy.

Oct 28, 2017
At the very least Ubisoft could do Splinter Cell Remastered. A collection of the first few games in HD. Seems like something cheap they could do to gauge fan interest.

Culgan

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for more Origins DLC, I thought the first one was pretty good and I'm glad they are spacing out the main releases.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Watch Dogs 3 and something Tom Clancy. I hope to God it's Splinter Cell. After the success of Hitman, you have to think that a SC is around the corner.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely expecting Watch Dogs 3 but im hoping that it's more darker like the first game as opposed to the second. Played the second game for a few hours and I was done.

Also fully expecting more expansions for AC Origins. Yves basically said that there will not be a new AC game this year which came after the release date announcement for RDR2 so it makes perfect sense. Stay away from October/November. Besides, give the next game an extra year. Would have no problem with Origins which was October 27th, 2017 and the next AC game being October 2019 and the third in the trilogy being in October 2021. Basically, three AC games in a span of four years.

Really hoping to see an announcement for a second expansion pass for Origins at E3. Two smaller ones like The Hidden Ones and then a massive one like The Curse of the Pharaohs. Not sure about the two small expansions but I would love one being released in September and the second small one being released in late January 2019 and the third and final one being in May 2019. The final one being massive and with Aya. 1/3rd of the expansion would take place in Egypt and the other 2/3rds would take place in Rome which would lead right into E3 2019 for the next AC game which im assuming will be Rome.

For release dates, im only expecting The Crew 2 this Fall with Starlink and Skull & Bones being February/March 2019 respectively and Watch Dogs 3 in May 2019 with the new AC game being October 2019. Just guessing with the release dates even though I can easily see Ubisoft staying away from October/November 2018.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Probably Watch Dogs 3 and something Tom Clancy. I hope to God it's Splinter Cell. After the success of Hitman, you have to think that a SC is around the corner.
I really think if Hitman is the benchmark for a new Splinter Cell game then we're shit outta luck. Hitman was a critical success, but its commercial viability was of a level that led to Square-Enix jettisoning the studio entirely and allowing them to retain the IP.

Unless Ubi has come up with a compelling way to import sneakin' into a GaaS model, then they must be looking at sales of Blacklist and, then, their only real competitor since as a trend.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
What I'm most excited about from Ubisoft in the near future is the possibility of Child of Light sequel.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
What I'm most excited about from Ubisoft in the near future is the possibility of Child of Light sequel.

Yeah I think it's totally weird that the absence of UbiArt framework game is going to hit 4 years on home consoles soon. Why even is that?
Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are such beautiful games and then I didnt even talk abot the Rayman games.

I think we're due for a game soon enough.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Bring on more DLC for Origin! There's already a robust new DLC coming out tuesday, i'm all for it.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
Yeah I think it's totally weird that the absence of UbiArt framework game is going to hit 4 years on home consoles soon. Why even is that?
Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are such beautiful games and then I didnt even talk abot the Rayman games.

I think we're due for a game soon enough.
Yeah absolutely. Considering the smaller scope of these games the turn around should be quicker but I hope the delay is more of a creative decision in order to make something good.
UbiArt is such a great way for them to try something wholly original albeit on a much smaller scale. I loved the water colour aesthetics of CoL and I hope they keep that but I hope they don't force the game's entire narrative to be told in a rhyme. It felt corny at times so I'm not sure why they inforced a such constraint on themselves for the entirety of the game. Other than that, it was a beautiful and charming game.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what is the scale of the Switch game they are working on. It's likely to be revealed at E3 so it might be a big game.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
I wonder what is the scale of the Switch game they are working on. It's likely to be revealed at E3 so it might be a big game.
We'll ubisoft is slowly dipping its toes in the switch pool so to speak. That they are even publishing Southpark TFBW on switch is telling. This is their first 18+/M game since they sworn of mature games on wiiu, so its a good sign. I hope we will see assassins creed next, not the old ones. As much as i love AC1/2/3/brotherhood/4, i already played them all and a majority of the gaming audience also.

one Assassins game i wouldn't mind is AC Rogue, that one got looked over because it was released pretty much the same month as AC unity. Its getting a remaster on ps4 and x1, and was kinda shocked that switch was not included from the get go but maybe after the summer.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Assassins Creed dlc is more like expansion packs like they were rumoured last year.

10 to 15 hours from one of the smaller teams and the main team is working on a true sequel for 2019.

I consider Brotherhood and Revelations more as expansion packs of AC2. If we get something like that I would be happy.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I mentioned it in another thread, but id love them to make a LOTR game. The scale and detail of the Origins map makes me think they could pull it off.

They could, but I'd rather not. Unless you wanna just take a shit on the lore to the extent that it might as well not be an LOTR game, that world is very limiting. There's not much magic in the classical sens, and war isn't really the point of those games.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I really think if Hitman is the benchmark for a new Splinter Cell game then we're shit outta luck. Hitman was a critical success, but its commercial viability was of a level that led to Square-Enix jettisoning the studio entirely and allowing them to retain the IP.

Unless Ubi has come up with a compelling way to import sneakin' into a GaaS model, then they must be looking at sales of Blacklist and, then, their only real competitor since as a trend.

They will probably make it simar to Watchdogs 1, but with more secret agent shenanigans and less 50 shades of Aiden Pierce. The Watchdogs IP seems to be headed into a more Youth Culture x Trickster stealth rather then the Lethal stealth of Splinter Cell and Watchdogs 1

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In London? That's gonna be boring. I live there. Ain't nothing interesting about that. They should've brought a place like Seoul, Shanghai, Melbourne, or even a snowy Moscow. Just something different.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
In London? That's gonna be boring. I live there. Ain't nothing interesting about that. They should've brought a place like Seoul, Shanghai, Melbourne, or even a snowy Moscow. Just something different.

Congrats. Most people actually don't live there, so London is fascinating to us. :) Not to worry though, since judging from this...

We won't be getting WD3 but the next Assassin's Creed. Sad face. I don't really care for another ancient times game. :(

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats. Most people actually don't live there, so London is fascinating to us. :) Not to worry though, since judging from this...
London is bland compared to many big cities. Like it ain't bad, but it's thoroughly average. Even the weather is mediocre. It's just grey most of the time. I could see a thriller game working well here but an open world game akin to Watch Dogs in modern London is just not interesting.

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Would love to see a new SC or PoP, but I seriously doubt we'll see either. Ubisoft isn't going to make any single-player games that aren't open-world. AC already covers the open-world platformer and Ghost Recon already covers the open-world military stealth-action.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
London is bland compared to many big cities. Like it ain't bad, but it's thoroughly average. Even the weather is mediocre. It's just grey most of the time. I could see a thriller game working well here but an open world game akin to Watch Dogs in modern London is just not interesting.

Likely, you'd aim towards it being Watch Dogs 1 in tone, a cyberpunk, darker title.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
why couldnt it be set it miami ffs.
florida is the exact amount of batshit that the game needs after 2

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I wonder if AC will be biannual moving forward.

Can't imagine a game with the scope of origins being annual. Unless they use the same location I guess.

AC Origins has really impressed me after being slightly sceptical due to the combat (lol at predator bow) and me assuming there would not be a lot of parkouring options in Egypt.
I was wrong. This is what the series needed. The world is amazing, and that is very impressive since a lot of games have amazing worlds these days. There is something about a real life historical place recreated that is just simply amazing.
I am still not sold on the combat, but it does the job.

And credit to them for making everything so streamlined. Always having a torch and being able to light other items, being able to sell unneeded loot with one button, fast travel, reda's quests, upgrades not tied to your look.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Can't imagine a game with the scope of origins being annual. Unless they use the same location I guess.

AC Origins has really impressed me after being slightly sceptical due to the combat (lol at predator bow) and me assuming there would not be a lot of parkouring options in Egypt.
I was wrong. This is what the series needed. The world is amazing, and that is very impressive since a lot of games have amazing worlds these days. There is something about a real life historical place recreated that is just simply amazing.
I am still not sold on the combat, but it does the job.

And credit to them for making everything so streamlined. Always having a torch and being able to light other items, being able to sell unneeded loot with one button, fast travel, reda's quests, upgrades not tied to your look.
Yep I agree completely. I loved just exploring the world in Origins. I never even beat the main story but still ended up spending about 40 hours with the game just dicking around and soaking in the atmosphere. I should really update the game and try out the disovery tour mode, feels like it would be right up my alley.

Can't wait to see where they go next with the series.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Yep I agree completely. I loved just exploring the world in Origins. I never even beat the main story but still ended up spending about 40 hours with the game just dicking around and soaking in the atmosphere. I should really update the game and try out the disovery tour mode, feels like it would be right up my alley.

Can't wait to see where they go next with the series.

At first I was messing around switching up side missions with main and generally exploring. But at a given point the story really picks up steam and I want to finish the main story, but I'm currently level 33, and the next main mission is 35 so that kinda killed the pace.
But I don't mind it too much, since I'm unlocking handy skills and still enjoying the game and it's world.