• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
The artstyle of Starlink sure looks like that and what other sci-fi game are they working on except Starlink ?
On mobile so can't share pics, but it's easy to check on google that both games have pretty different artstyles with different inspirations. On top of that, without even counting BG&E2, it's not their only sci-fi game in dev.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Are they any hints of Watch Dogs 3 this year or even in development?

Also, is Division 2 this year.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
At first I was messing around switching up side missions with main and generally exploring. But at a given point the story really picks up steam and I want to finish the main story, but I'm currently level 33, and the next main mission is 35 so that kinda killed the pace.
But I don't mind it too much, since I'm unlocking handy skills and still enjoying the game and it's world.

I found the last few missions upped levels very quickly but they were all very doable at a lower level. Think it might be to push you towards more sidequests before finishing the game.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Well, I hope it is AC: China.
Origin was great with its non-Western architecture designs and characters. Very refreshing after a decade of playing in the same old same old square Westernized/European environment.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
On mobile so can't share pics, but it's easy to check on google that both games have pretty different artstyles with different inspirations. On top of that, without even counting BG&E2, it's not their only sci-fi game in dev.

Since when? As far as we know there were only 2 sci-fi games in development.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Well, I hope it is AC: China.
Origin was great with its non-Western architecture designs and characters. Very refreshing after a decade of playing in the same old same old square Westernized/European environment.

Like I said, I was slightly sceptical, but origins ended up having elements of everything. Vast openness, buildings, monuments, different architectural styles.
I am totally down for China/Japan, but wonder if the setting would allow for decent parkour which I was pleasantly surprised by with in Egypt.

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I am totally down for China/Japan, but wonder if the setting would allow for decent parkour which I was pleasantly surprised by with in Egypt.

Parkour? They better be flying and flipping around in AC: China instead.
Put Wuxia/Kung Fu elements in AC: China and it will be awesome af.

Anyway, the setting shouldn't be a problem. The common theme of ninja running across roof top and jumping over things existed before parkour.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like one of them to be the rumoured Watch_Dogs 3 set in Brixton, London. That is to Watch_Dogs what AC is to Feudal Japan.

- The most surveilled city in the world (I think, def Top 3).
- Plenty of scrambling/parkour styled buildings.
- GCHQ
- The series has always championed how the player can use non-lethal tactics - well you can't just freely acquire guns in the UK so the player would have to rely on other weapons.
- A setting that absolutely no other developer is doing, nevermind just AAA.
- A complete range of vehicles that suit the city.
- Without sounding like "greetings fellow kids" - Greater London is having a moment right now in pop culture and setting the game here could genuinely give Ubi that trendy/edgy look they go for.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed: China wouldn't happen anyway unless it was for the PS5. Why build something like that for current gen when it'd need an entirely new everything? Movesets and all.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Assassin's Creed: China wouldn't happen anyway unless it was for the PS5. Why build something like that for current gen when it'd need an entirely new everything? Movesets and all.

If anything it will happen now instead of later. Why would they build an entirely new everything for a small next gen userbase. They require a massive player base (ps4, xbox1, pc)

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If anything it will happen now instead of later. Why would they build an entirely new everything for a small next gen userbase. They require a massive player base (ps4, xbox1, pc)

The way that works is that you take the opportunity at the start of the gen to construct all these new assets, that way later on profit margins are higher 'cause you're going to reuse it all for at least a game or two. You're thinking more like Rockstar. Ubi kinda likes being there at the start of a gen because there's not that much support. You're "pushed" to buy their titles because it's either that or CoD or sports.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
The way that works is that you take the opportunity at the start of the gen to construct all these new assets, that way later on profit margins are higher 'cause you're going to reuse it all for at least a game or two. You're thinking more like Rockstar. Ubi kinda likes being there at the start of a gen because there's not that much support. You're "pushed" to buy their titles because it's either that or CoD or sports.

Yeh ok fair enough. Can work both ways. Look at black flag for example. Naval combat just for one entry? And then we got Paris, which got dropped too after one game.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeh ok fair enough. Can work both ways. Look at black flag for example. Naval combat just for one entry? And then we got Paris, which got dropped too after one game.

You only got naval combat for one game because they were pushing towards making it a game unto itself. Skull and Bones becomes the second game using that. Was Paris especially unique compared to other cities? Because they switch those all the time, right?

Is Watch Dogs 2 good?

If you hated WD1 then you'll love 2. And vice versa. And like lucebuce said, you can't play it as a cover shooter. Enemies are super aggressive, your health is much lower, and there's no time slowdown ability to save you.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'd really like one of them to be the rumoured Watch_Dogs 3 set in Brixton, London. That is to Watch_Dogs what AC is to Feudal Japan.

- The most surveilled city in the world (I think, def Top 3).
- Plenty of scrambling/parkour styled buildings.
- GCHQ
- The series has always championed how the player can use non-lethal tactics - well you can't just freely acquire guns in the UK so the player would have to rely on other weapons.
- A setting that absolutely no other developer is doing, nevermind just AAA.
- A complete range of vehicles that suit the city.
- Without sounding like "greetings fellow kids" - Greater London is having a moment right now in pop culture and setting the game here could genuinely give Ubi that trendy/edgy look they go for.

hey, you've sold me! would love it! :) ...

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ubisoft has to take advantage of Splinter Cell now that Metal Gear is dead.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing the two games were Division 2 and a new Splinter Cell.

Kinda wish their unannounced games weren't all Tom Clancy related, but splinter cell is fun.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Ubi is slowly cementing themselves as my favorite 3rd party publisher. Their support of ACO has been great so far, so further DLC is music to my ears.