• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft has stated they have four AAA games releasing next fiscal year (April 2018 - March 2019).

Known titles:
- The Crew 2
- Skull & Bones

Notes:
  • Most of these notes are about titles that aren't going to come out in this time period, so we should guess other things, with a couple exceptions.
  • Ubisoft has heavily hinted that Assassin's Creed is not getting a new game this year, and instead there will more "amazing" new DLC for Origins. [Edit: People have come forth to repeatedly assert this is not true, so expect an AC game this year.]
  • Yves implied that he was still taking concept pitches for Splinter Cell maybe a year or so ago, so that doesn't seem super likely.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 doesn't look like it's on track to release this generation.
  • Ghost Recon, South Park, and Far Cry just came out.
  • Rainbow Six and For Honor are near endless service games that won't be getting sequels for ages.
  • This also seems to be true for Steep, at least thus far, but it's hard to say. I would probably expect at least a three year gap though a la The Crew 2 and The Division 2, so it would be a bit early for a Steep sequel.
  • There will be a third year for The Division, but it doesn't necessarily sound like a huge amount of content is coming, especially compared to the amount of staff working on The Division.
  • Watch Dogs 2 hasn't been updated in a while.
  • Ubisoft excepts to sell something like 23 million units total.
  • The game Ubisoft delayed out of the fiscal year was expected to move 4-5 million units, which would be notably less than either Watch Dogs 2 or The Division shipped at launch.
  • Ubisoft said Avatar isn't expected to release until the second movie.
  • Ubisoft generally doesn't count things like Rabbids, Trials, Rayman, or Just Dance as AAA titles.

My guesses would be Watch Dogs 3 and The Division 2. Feel free to throw out guesses.

Also, here's the teaser for Assassin's Creed's "amazing" unannounced DLC releases:

Essentially, Ubisoft has done the math and determined that long-lasting games are a better investment than annual flashes in the proverbial pan. Even for games that are primarily single-player, like Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft is not necessarily looking to jump ahead to the next major release.

"We are concentrating on Assassin's Creed: Origins for which we are going to launch a few other DLCs," Guillemot told investors during a conference call. "You will be amazed by what will come on Origins, so that's the only thing we can say for now."

https://venturebeat.com/2018/02/12/...ewer-games-after-a-decade-of-annual-releases/

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting Ubisoft....

and will continue to do so. It's been almost 8 years, what's another 5 right?!

Please don't

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So AC:Origins is going the Witcher 3 route and get one or two full fledged expansions am i right? Wasnt there a similar rumor?

Then probably Division 2 for Spring 2019, and Watch Dogs 3 but i doubt its coming anytime sooner than Fall 2019.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I don't expect Splinter Cell this generation, and I don't expect Prince of Persia basically ever, especially as a AAA game.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
I would love Splinter Cell but I think the series is finished,"Stealth" & "Last Know Position" are just shoehorned into everything.

Please be the return of Dedsec

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Hope Watch Dogs 3 is in, really interested on which direction they intend to go with the franchise.
Hope they keep going the direction 2 went.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
He did not actually hint that a new Assassin's Creed would not come this year. He simply said that he can't say more for now than DLC plans for AC Origins.

Ubisoft never talks about a new Assassin's Creed before April, so I'd say OP is reading too much into it.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
The Division ''2'' is a given. Its been 3 years

Watch Dogs 3 its very much possible too, but I wouldnt be surprised if its a brand new IP. Still expecting some Splinter Cell announcement, but for the FY after that

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm not reinstalling Origins for DLC, I hope it's something available standalone like Freedom Cry. Rogue is coming anyway so that'll do.

Let's see how Watch Dogs plays out...

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would say Watch Dogs 3. But not this year. Maybe in Feb-Mar 2019.

Would think that Red Dead 2 gave them a fright.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would it be time for a sequel to Siege? Based on the things I hear from my friends who still play all the time, it sounds like they could use a new foundation to build on for the next couple years.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Is there any reason to doubt that one or both might be new IP?

I think I've Watched enough Dogs this gen

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Watch Dogs 3, so they can get that franchise converted to the Games As Service model, too.

I expect an even greater emphasis on making its online mechanics interesting, with frequently updated modes. Ubi goes GTA Online, basically. Hello, micro-transactions.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
the fact that they use "amazing new Origins DLC" leads me to believe that there will be something that comes after the second AC Origins DLC next month. I wonder if they're going for a Destiny like model where it's

release new game in october, then release 2 mini DLCs in the spring, announce major 30 to 40 dollar expansion at E3 and release that in October.

Watch Dogs 3 is a definite for this year I feel. It's really neat to see this Watch Dogs/AC cycle as it gives more time to for the AC devs to crank out an awesome game while giving us something different with Watch Dogs in the off years.

VilleEricson

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
"We are concentrating on Assassin's Creed: Origins for which we are going to launch a few other DLCs," Guillemot told investors during a conference call. "You will be amazed by what will come on Origins, so that's the only thing we can say for now."

Oh, this is fantastic news! More Bayek for the people!

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
My money's on Watch Dogs 3. There has been rumblings of a new Splinter Cell at some point, but I doubt that it would be far enough to see a release this year if it's in development at all.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
As long as we get a new Trials game this year I'll be happy. No more crossover bullshit please.