• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Seriously? Splinter Cell VR was one of the only reasons I kept tuning into the Oculus/Meta Gaming Showcases... I guess they're still going forward with Assassin's Creed VR then. Not surprised Frontline was canned after the dreadful reception for it on reveal.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Of course they did. Those games might have had less than the required amount of corporate-mandated Ubisoft design elements.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Ubisoft sucks so bad.
/thread

(On a more serious note) I find it hard to care about Ubisoft anymore, man. Despite me not being a fan of every single game they put out, I still played SOME of their games but as of recently, they've just seem to have lost any sense of direction which has essentially ruined any sense of interest when it comes to the stuff they're making.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I was really looking forward to both of those games :-/

I just hope they at least give us one more open world Ghost Recon game me and the boys played the fuck out of Wildlands/Breakpoint.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Well at some point Ubisoft has to consider to improve the quality of their games.

In my opinion for a few years now they are releasing mediocre games.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Shame the Splinter Cell VR game is off the table, that sounded interesting.

Ghost Recon though lol, the closed beta was apparently pretty mediocre and I feel Ubisoft has like a thousand games in that sector ( including the disappeared XDefiant)

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I really want this company to get acquired by someone. Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rayman etc, Beyond Good and Evil.. so many cool ips being left to rot/butchered

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I was slightly interested in the Splinter Cell VR game. Sucks it has been cancelled. Oh well.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want this company to get acquired by someone. Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, Rayman etc, Beyond Good and Evil.. so many cool ips being left to rot/butchered
is Vivendi still interested?

and no one large enough to acquire Ubisoft will bring back those small IPs

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Go suck a bag of dicks Ubi.

It can't be that hard not to fumble that much. Hell, even EA is doing a tad better than during the last few years.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Splinter Cell VR could have been super cool. I just want more Splinter Cell tbh.

I actually quite like the new Ghost Recons but Frontlines seemed like a miscalculation from the announcement. No way it was ever gonna compete with the other BR titans.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
They're in such a weird transition period right now. Aside from Mario Rabbids there aren't really any heavy-hitters on the immediate horizon. The next tentpole AC game is still a ways out, and it's going even further into live-service. That isn't inherently bad, but we know so little about it that it's hard not to be apprehensive.

They've spent the last year announcing a slew of ill-advised PvP/F2P efforts that have either flopped at release or gone dark before even launching. Far Cry 6 felt like a stopgap and Beyond Good & Evil 2 is… who knows where at this point.

I'm just not seeing any confidence in their modern-day output. I like Ubisoft games well enough but with the way things are going, I can't help but feel that they're a publisher in decline.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
they cancelled a live service F2P Battle Royale and people here are...upset?

lol yea i don't get why people are mad, they cancelled projects no one wanted and are putting the talent on projects they do want.
That tends to be a ubi problem, they have massive resources so they do take on lots of different initiatives which is usually good but they are always so hesitant to cut and run when something isn't working. this is a good step. product of their post-Serge editorial leadership seems like.

now splinter cell remake is staffing up nicely for example

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
good. it's not news that they have been mismanaging this shit for the past few years. I just hope the devs move on to better projects.