• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
For Assassins Creed Origins alone, Ubisoft deserves all the success they are getting this generation.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I'm listening through their fiscal call, and they just confirmed this: https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/nps4wvic

2018: Far Cry 5
2017: Ghost Recon Wildlands (and For Honor might have been #2 IIRC)
2016: The Division

2019 has The Division 2, so they're likely on track for a fourth year.

They've been preforming phenomenally well but there's no accounting for stylistic fatigue. Sure there's Anthem but perhaps Nintendo will have a big surprise. Or maybe Red Dead will over preform and steamroll into 2019. There's really no way to tell at this point.

MrBrawl96

Oct 27, 2017
What does this mean? How could far cry 5 be be best selling game in January of 2018? Someone clarify?

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Oh Ubi.

Guess what's coming.

3241.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Always impressed by Ghost Recon sales, game sold way more than I would have imagined.

I'm disconnected from the youths.

Mar 17, 2018
People are also sleeping on Steep. The game has been patched up well and the new season is happening. It's a very cool package IMHO, and the best winter sports game out there by a large margin. Overall, it's better or as good as SSX3 now I think.

Loakum

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft has been on a serious roll these past couple of years. Now if they can finally get the Modern World sement to Assassin's Creed right, they'll be my favorite developer.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When Division 2 Drops RDR2 is supposed to be out for nearly 6 months. I guess Ubisoft will be fine.

Awesome btw. Quality games get you quality sales.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
For Assassins Creed Origins alone, Ubisoft deserves all the success they are getting this generation.

Playing it for the first time right now and it's so good. Having never finished a prior Assassins Creed game, this is by far my favorite of the series already and will most likely barring the quality dropping way off in the second half of the game make me buy Odyssey day 1.

P-Switch

Alt Account
Jul 15, 2018
Fiscal year started in April for them.

That can't be right. According to the OP they are looking at a 6 month time period.

They had the largest sales for the six month period, not that they had the largest sales for each individual month.

Help me out here since there is some confusion...

They are saying that for the last 3 years (including this one), if you look at total sales from January through June, they have had the #1 selling game (this year being Far Cry 5).

Right?

Worldwide sales?

In terms of units or revenue?

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
I seriously don't get the popularity of these games, outside of the huge advertising budget. Ubisof's open world games just feel like total chores to slog through.

Sands of Time to Chaos Theory was Ubisoft's high point for me.

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I get why The Division, Rainbow Six, Assassins Creed, and Far Cry sell. But Ghost Recon is a surprise to me.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It's almost like it's smart to release good games year-round instead of just forcing them into Q4 to be slaughtered by the heavy hitters.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
They don't feel as gross as EA or Activision but their stuff just does little-to-nothing for me. When I do jump in I always jump back off fairly quickly.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I'm guessing they mean for a title released that year, and based on Base game sale amount and not value or DLC. Still they have had some pretty strong titles each year for a while now, so kudos to them.

modsbox

Oct 28, 2017
The 'watch out for RDR2' posts are pretty entertaining. Consistently delivering quality games is important, and Ubisoft is doing a great job at this. You could argue that fatigue is an issue, but this is only an issue because they _actually frequently release games_.

Meanwhile R* has released zero new games aside from ports since 2013... One would absolutely hope they can outsell Ubi for 1H2019 when they've had more than 5 years since their last release.

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The 'watch out for RDR2' posts are pretty entertaining. Consistently delivering quality games is important, and Ubisoft is doing a great job at this. You could argue that fatigue is an issue, but this is only an issue because they _actually frequently release games_.

Meanwhile R* has released zero new games aside from ports since 2013... One would absolutely hope they can outsell Ubi for 1H2019 when they've had more than 5 years since their last release.
Yep, Ubi is the one publisher (aside from Ninty) from whom I can expect quality games year round

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
The Division 2 will probably do super well. Look at how Ubi supports Siege and For Honor. I definitely do not expect a Bungie or EA situation with this one.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that so many people bought Wildlands is horrifying to me. It represents every single thing wrong with modern games to a T. It's so unbelievably bad.
Systemic gameplay design, an emphasis on player expression/agency, social features, beautiful open worlds are everything wrong with modern games?

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Are people really excited about Division 2?

The first one had a lot of hype prior to release but the general reception was mediocre at best, I fear Division 2 will become just another Watch_Dogs 2.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
Are people really excited about Division 2?

The first one had a lot of hype prior to release but the general reception was mediocre at best, I fear Division 2 will become just another Watch_Dogs 2.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...er-4-times-higher-than-previous-record.56008/

I highly doubt this will flop. Everyone I know personally is super excited about the game because of the turnaround of Division one, Siege, and For Honor. Also, Ubisoft definitely has the best GaaS models out of the the major pubs that do GaaS.