• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this news is 4 days old but i couldn't find any thread for it.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...eedrun-at-E3-2019-Celebrates-20th-Anniversary
Ubisoft's E3 2019 line-up is packed with big games and surprise announcements, and joining the excitement is a live speedrun of Rayman 2 in honor of its 20th anniversary. Beginning on June 10 at 10:30AM PDT (just a couple of hours before Ubisoft's press conference) on Ubisoft's Twitch channel, the speedrun will be performed by Glackum, who just this morning had his world record beaten by Darnok_PL. Commented by SpikeVegeta he will try and reclaim his throne live before Ubisoft's E3 conference.

If watching the stream makes you yearn to dive back into Rayman games yourself, all viewers on our Twitch channel who watch 30 minutes or more of the speedrun will receive Rayman Origins for free on Uplay via Twitch Drops.

i really hope this is a sign for something rayman related in their conference.

thanks to Captain of Outer Space for pointing this out in the E3 general info thread.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wow, we're getting a new Rayman? Nice. Legends is probably the second best platformer this gen.

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If we get a new Rayman I hope that it's a sequel to Legends. One of my favourite platformers by far

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
origins and legends are two of the best platformers ever made. if they announce a new rayman, i'll genuinely scream.
i'll even take a remake of rayman 2, remaking old 3D platformers seems to be really big these days.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Rayman Legends is my favourite 2D platformer ever. Masterpiece in every sense of the word.

I'd be fine with either a new 2D or 3D Rayman, perhaps even a remake of Rayman 2 if they go that route. I think part of me is still waiting to see Murphy again in Rayman 4 more than anything else, so that's my top choice.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
I want a new Rayman made with the Ubiart engine and with Barbara as a companion as well as Globox and the Teensies

Pretty pleeeeeeeease?

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the thing making me not that optimistic for a new game is that Ancel is busy with BG&E2, but a remake of 1 or 2 (or better yet both) probably won't need as much involvement from Ancel.

bagomagik

Jan 8, 2019
The speedrunner will complete the game in 29 minutes so Ubi doesn't have to give anyone a free copy.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can we go back to 3D Rayman like 2? I've actually had my fill of the origins style as good as it was.

But keep the new characters this time please they were all great.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Hopefully that means we'll get a new Rayman in the veigns of Rayman Origins and Legends.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet this doesn't mean anything. People jumping into conclusions about a new Rayman are just setting themselves up disappointment. I'd love a new one tho, that's for sure.

additional info

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Posted about this on Monday in the predictions thread, since I'd predicted a Rayman announcement. Good that there is now a thread about this :D

It is really interesting though how they put this event right next to the E3 events without any other specific game events that day:
D8dY_vSW4AAm0-U.jpg

Ubisoft Latam has also tweeted about Rayman in the context of E3 for some reason (specifically with a Rayman 2 picture), which is semi-interesting considering Ubisoft pretty much ignored Rayman completely the previous few years:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I was all set to pass on Ubisoft's show this year as soon as I heard BG&E2 was being dealt with separately, but that they're acknowledging Rayman again has piqued my interest. There was a time when Rayman 2 was the archetypal game that was ported everywhere, but the old games really do deserve new life on modern systems, and to me this is still Ubisoft's defining series.

I prefer the 2D line to 3D, like I do with most series that have straddled both, but I'll happily take a fresh remaster of 2 and 3. (I never did get around to 3.) A new game in either format would be welcome, but Michel Ancel seems a bit busy.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think that image makes it feel like it's more important than just a random side-show thing. i don't wanna be be disappointed but i think something is happening...

You wanna talk remakes and remasters? Let's do that for Rayman 2. Easily one of the best games of the fifth generation.
the game really deserves it since it doesn't have any definitive version. the dreamcast version is the one with the best performance while the PS2 version has some new stuff but worse frame rate and missing graphical effects.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You wanna talk remakes and remasters? Let's do that for Rayman 2. Easily one of the best games of the fifth generation.

It's always been weird to me that Rayman 2's reputation and fame have diminished so much over the years next to the other 3D platformers of the time, when by my recollection, it was regularly talked about as the genre's #2 (behind the obvious) back in its own day. These days, people are likelier to beg for a revival of DK64, which is ridiculous.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it wouldn't feel right if every capable Nintendo handheld didn't get a Rayman 2 port.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'd kill for ports of 1 and 2! Hoodlum Havoc too if they wanna bring last gens ports over.

I would like a Origins 2 rather than Legends 2. Legends had very simplistic and poor level design since it was built for the Wii-U first, game had no challenge and was a total snooze fest. Origins easiest level is Legends hardest level.

But I did enjoy the online leaderboards(if they fix the exploits first!). Maybe bring over the music levels and the warrior girl.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
I've been dying for a new 3D Rayman since the one for Wii was cancelled and converted into Raving Rabbids.
It's not like I don't want Origins 3 though, I'd still be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.