• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ghost Recon Breakpoint is getting a free six-hour trial on PS4, Xbox One, and PC starting today. Jump in now to experience Episode 2: Deep State, which brings two new classes, the Ghost Experience mode, and the first of an eight-mission campaign with Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher. Players who already own Ghost Recon Breakpoint can take advantage of the Friend Pass from now until June 16, which allows you to invite up to three friends at a time who don't own the game into your co-op session.

The free trial expires after six hours of playtime. After that, all your progress will be saved and carry over should you decide to purchase the game. If you participated in the recent free weekend for less than six hours, you can still use your remaining time in the trial. Those who played more than six hours during the free weekend can still continue playing if invited by friends using the Friend Pass.

The Friend Pass allows Breakpoint owners to invite friends to jump into their games. Additionally, the six-hour time limit pauses while using the Friend Pass, so if you spend all your time in co-op with a friend, you'll still have six hours of the free trial for yourself. If you don't already own Breakpoint, you'll need to download the Trial version specifically to take advantage of a Friend Pass invite.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint is out now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. For more information, check out our previous coverage.

news.ubisoft.com

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Trial and Friend Pass Available Now

Play for free for six hours, and team up with friends who own the game via the Friend Pass.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
This has to be some sort of last try towards redeeming this game right? Isn't this game just overall bad? I think the concept is cool like we can try it out for free for six hours and maybe buy the game, but for the most part this just feels.. I don't know, sad? lol

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
This has to be some sort of last try towards redeeming this game right? Isn't this game just overall bad? I think the concept is cool like we can try it out for free for six hours and maybe buy the game, but for the most part this just feels.. I don't know, sad? lol
Eh, I look at it as taking advantage of the situation.

They have almost nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

The game isn't bad. Many Ubisoft games have 6 hours free trial. The Division, Wildlands, The Crew, and I think Watch Dogs 2. Far Cry 4 had a similar friend pass system.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Let me get this straight. One person buys it, invites friends who don't own it, everyone plays unlimited time as long as the host owns it?

How many friends at once? Can they get achievements?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like more games should either do this, or let you buy multiple versions at a discount to gift to friends (another thing Ubi used to do/still may do on their store).