• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/caree...n#sr-post-id=743999675032097&is-redirect=true
Ubisoft Milan is looking for Gameplay Programmers for a prestigious AAA title. They will be involved in the development of gameplay elements, collaborating closely with game designers and other departments to define and improve features and interactions between player and game.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/caree...n#sr-post-id=743999677551836&is-redirect=true
Ubisoft Milan in looking for a UI Technical Artist to be involved in the production of a prestigious AAA title.
The person will be responsible of the integration of graphic assets in the engine, build and manage the logic structure of UI and menu elements, including their behavior and animations. He/she will work close to the other roles as Gameplay Programmers, Game Designers, and UI Artists to shape the menu and the UI according to the art direction and the game design needs.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/caree...n#sr-post-id=743999665859113&is-redirect=true
Ubisoft Milan is looking for UI Artists to be involved in the production of a prestigious AAA title.
The UI Artists will be responsible for designing, prototyping and creating the graphic elements of the videogame interface and the menu. In particular they will organize the architecture of the UI graphic elements and find solutions in order to foster easy access to the navigation menu and make the game user-friendly.

It's of a particularly interesting note because Ubisoft Milan is not known for working on big games apart from the recent Mario x Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (which could be debated as to if it's AAA or not) and their help on Ghost Recon: Wildlands (main developer on it was Ubisoft Paris though).

This could hint at:
-> Mario x Rabbids 2 with a bigger budget
-> A new Tom Clancy game where they'd help on it
-> Something else entirely

Vil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Low effort post, thread whining
BREAKING NEWS: GAME DEV STUDIO IS MAKING GAMES

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017

...Why?

Anyway, this is really exciting. I actually went to the careers page to peruse, just to see. I was so inspired by the first game, I'd love to be a part of the second one. I have a lot of faith in this studio to make something just as special as M+R KB. I can't wait to see the reveal which, honestly, is likely a couple of years away.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Additional note: Ubisoft Paris were also co-dev on both Mario x Rabbids and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but it's speculated they're working on Watch Dogs 3 this time around, so it's within the realm of possibility than Milan could work on a Tom Clancy game alone this time.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Hope this is something Clancy/Ghost Recon related and not Rabbids but exciting news regardless.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

tenor.gif

Apr 21, 2018
I'd be disappointed if they make a sequel to MxR. I liked it a lot but it felt complete, especially after the DK DLC.

I also still don't like Rabbids. No Rabbids please.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It is especially interesting since they clearly said that Mario + Rabbids was not an AAA game for them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is especially interesting since they clearly said that Mario + Rabbids was not an AAA game for them.

Yup. So my conclusion is that Mario x Rabbids 2 is either of a much bigger budget/size, or it's something entirely different. Splinter Cell is probably not made by them so it's interesting to speculate at what could they be working on.

Could the success of MxR lead to Ubisoft greenlighting them a much bigger project than usually ?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. So my conclusion is that Mario x Rabbids 2 is either of a much bigger budget/size, or it's something entirely different. Splinter Cell is probably not made by them so it's interesting to speculate at what could they be working on.

Could the success of MxR lead to Ubisoft greenlighting them a much bigger project than usually ?

It would make sense. When you have a hit in your hands and a golden IP like Mario, increasing the scale of the sequel id the way to go imo.

I think Nirolak mentionned that a while ago.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
They are actually not that far from where I live. If I were a Dev it would be a great commute.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo and Ubisoft have been amazingly close lately, so I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo have let Ubisoft work on another IP.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
I'm italian and I'm so proud for Soliani and his team. I'm so happy that they're making a new Mario RPG.

Yes, I bet my feet on it.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Though, to answer the question of the thread, Ubisoft studios generally work on smaller projects of their own, and also assist on huge titles, so this could definitely be for Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Though, to answer the question of the thread, Ubisoft studios generally work on smaller projects of their own, and also assist on huge titles, so this could definitely be for Ghost Recon: Wildlands 2.

I'm not following at all the game, but has the support ended for it ? Was it another GaaS game or did it just went and is done now ?

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
i would love for them to be working on a mario + rabbids 2 seeing as
technically the rabbids are still in the mushroom kingdom

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not following at all the game, but has the support ended for it ? Was it another GaaS game or did it just went and is done now ?
The game is just so successful that they're still updating the first game while making the sequel. It got to 10+ million.

However, it's ultimately a normal Ubisoft game with a co-op campaign versus being more of a Destiny/The Division type game, so they are making a sequel. Like imagine if you could play co-op in Breath of the Wild or something, but there were some additional free content updates and a competitive multiplayer mode, and you're on the right track.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is just so successful that they're still updating the first game while making the sequel. It got to 10+ million.

However, it's ultimately a normal Ubisoft game with a co-op campaign versus being more of a Destiny/The Division type game, so they are making a sequel. Like imagine if you could play co-op in Breath of the Wild or something, but there were some additional free content updates and a competitive multiplayer mode, and you're on the right track.

Hm right. I'd also assume it's a fully next-gen title at this point, especially if they'll make it more of a GaaS than before.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hm right. I'd also assume it's a fully next-gen title at this point, especially if they'll make it more of a GaaS than before.
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Ubisoft has all that much left for this gen. They'll probably try to get away with a minimum number of titles until at least Fall 2020, just because this is a bad time to launch new service games that feel fresh and built to last.

Even Assassin's Creed Rome has been kicked to 2020.

That said, they're going to need something next fiscal year, so maybe they'll just go with Skull & Bones and Watch Dogs 3 as their flagships.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mario and Rabbids was great but it's not prestigious. This seems like an IP that's revered or long running. A Tom Clancy game no doubt. Or Nintendo contracted Ubisoft Milan to make Metroid Prime 4

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Loved both M&R and Wildlands. I'm excited to see what this studio cooks up next.

In reality I hope it's another Rabbids crossover...maybe even the battle royale game the survey was mentioning. Rabbids are just dumb enough to make that work.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They will develop Mushroom Hearts GaaS for Nintendo - every Amiibo on the market will be supported.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd be surprised if Ubisoft has all that much left for this gen. They'll probably try to get away with a minimum number of titles until at least Fall 2020, just because this is a bad time to launch new service games that feel fresh and built to last.

Even Assassin's Creed Rome has been kicked to 2020.

That said, they're going to need something next fiscal year, so maybe they'll just go with Skull & Bones and Watch Dogs 3 as their flagships.

Going by the current knowns about Ubisoft games, I'd sort out the line-up like that for the upcoming months/years (for retail games at full price) :

From October to end of FY18-19:
- Assassins Creed: Odyssey
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas
- The Division 2
- Assassin's Creed III Remastered ?

Fiscal Year 19-20:
- Skull & Bones
- Watch Dogs 3 ?
- I'd still assume an AC title of some sort, like a collection or another remaster to fill the year a bit

Fiscal Year 20-21:
- Assassin's Creed Next-Gen
- Watch Dogs 3 Next-Gen port
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 ?
- Ghost Recon Wildlands 2 ?
- Splinter Cell
- Possibly a sequel to Mario x Rabbids

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand the warning for this post. It's true, this job posting doesn't tell us anything besides the fact that Ubi Milan is indeed making a game (duh) based on an existing franchise.

This job posting tells us that Milan may be working on a sequel to Ghost Recon Wildlands since it's specified they're looking for AAA experiences and the only one of particular note coming from them is Ghost Recon Wildlands. If the job postings had no specification of the sort, then yes, the thread would have been pointless. In the current case it is not.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Don't understand the warning for this post. It's true, this job posting doesn't tell us anything besides the fact that Ubi Milan is indeed making a game (duh) based on an existing franchise.

He is mocking OP who made the same post yesterday in a different thread for a different company. Funny enough OP didn't get a warning for that post so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the current knowns about Ubisoft games, I'd sort out the line-up like that for the upcoming months/years (for retail games at full price) :

From October to end of FY18-19:
- Assassins Creed: Odyssey
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas
- The Division 2
- Assassin's Creed III Remastered ?

Fiscal Year 19-20:
- Skull & Bones
- Watch Dogs 3 ?
- I'd still assume an AC title of some sort, like a collection or another remaster to fill the year a bit

Fiscal Year 20-21:
- Assassin's Creed Next-Gen
- Watch Dogs 3 Next-Gen port
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 ?
- Ghost Recon Wildlands 2 ?
- Splinter Cell
- Possibly a sequel to Mario x Rabbids
They're generally targeting 3-4 AAA games per year, but I agree with your options on the table for Fiscal 2020-2021.

That said, they wouldn't consider Rabbids to be one of the big AAA games unless something notable changed, so you could fit that in a year that had 3-4 AAA titles. They usually classify things like that a bit differently (since their big AAA games are like $80-$120+ million in budget usually).

If they do want to keep three AAA games for next year, it is a bit hard to tell what that might end up being, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them punt and say they have a soft year due to upcoming hardware shifts in a fiscal call.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic, but the idea of living in Milan and working on videogames sounds like a fucking dream. That's one step away from Ubisoft Maldives being a thing.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're generally targeting 3-4 AAA games per year, but I agree with your options on the table for Fiscal 2020-2021.

That said, they wouldn't consider Rabbids to be one of the big AAA games unless something notable changed, so you could fit that in a year that had 3-4 AAA titles. They usually classify things like that a bit differently (since their big AAA games are like $80-$120+ million in budget usually).

If they do want to keep three AAA games for next year, it is a bit hard to tell what that might end up being, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them punt and say they have a soft year due to upcoming hardware shifts in a fiscal call.

Mario x Rabbids is definitely not AAA that's for sure. I'd put it in the same category as Starlink, those side games with modest expectations but still sold at full price and with a solid DLC plan to follow.
I can't see Ubisoft not having Watch Dogs 3 as a port for next-gen if they're releasing a year before. It could be at least cross-gen like the first one was as well.

The big oddity is FY 19-20, I really don't see what big games could it have to fill that 3-4 AAA games per year that time. Skull & Bones is definitely there at least.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Mario x Rabbids is definitely not AAA that's for sure. I'd put it in the same category as Starlink, those side games with modest expectations but still sold at full price and with a solid DLC plan to follow.
I can't see Ubisoft not having Watch Dogs 3 as a port for next-gen if they're releasing a year before. It could be at least cross-gen like the first one was as well.

The big oddity is FY 19-20, I really don't see what big games could it have to fill that 3-4 AAA games per year that time. Skull & Bones is definitely there at least.
The best option on the table if they want to hit that bar is probably dropping out a Far Cry filler game like Far Cry Primal, since that audience seems the most content with a series that's pretty similar from entry to entry at the moment.

And yeah, they're gearing up to bring a lot of their games cross-gen. For Honor, Rainbow Six Siege, The Division 2, and Skull & Bones will all assuredly be making the transition, and something like Watch Dogs 3 feels quite likely too.

One other thing for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 though was that Ubisoft is making an Avatar game, so I could imagine that around that timeframe.