• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Ubisoft Milan, the studio that brought us Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, is looking for 3D artists and animators to work on "a prestigious triple-A title".
The announcement has been published by director Davide Soliani (yep, the sweet "Ubisoft crying man") on his personal Facebook page, with the message "3D animators and 3D artists. I'm a sweet teddy bear, come to me 🤗".

The studio is also offering a couple more jobs, with similar descriptions.

So, what do you think this could be? A sequel to M+R? StarFox? DK? Another Nintendo IP? Something totally different and multiplatform?

Soliani is often in Japan, he's a close friend of Grant Kirkhope and he's the biggest fan of most of Nintendo series. Personally I would give him any Nintendo character he'd want to work on after the amazing work on M+R. And after that opera scene on the second half of the game.

P.S. Rip off my rabbit characters to make yellow minions if old or not thread worthy.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft Milan has been around for like 2 decades man, it could be pretty much anything. They aren't just the crying Rabbid's guy's home.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is for Nintendo. There was an insider that said fans of Mario + Rabbids would be disappointed in what they're working on next I think.

Dark Cloud was it you who brought that up? I'm trying to remember the details

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I would say M+R 2.

BUT i've been randomly throwing the chances of a new 3D Donkey Kong made by that same team that worked on the same game for a while now

Also please pretty please open some production management positions for me, will ya?

OP
OP
Nintenleo

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Ubisoft Milan has been around for like 2 decades man, it could be pretty much anything. They aren't just the crying Rabbid's guy's home.
Yup, they're in Milan since 98/99 and before M+R they worked on Assassin's Creed, Rayman, Just Dance and Wildlands. But I guess after M+R (their first pitched and produced project) they're definitely more relevant and in a different position.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
Can't think of any Ubisoft IP I would call prestigious

But if they're making a Nintendo game it could be just about anything, my guess is a Zelda game but not like any other Zelda game just like how M+R was very unexpected.

Werd

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
No idea what it is, but I'd like it to be a M+R sequel where each section of levels is another Nintendo IP.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
The brain says "Nintendo + Rabbids game of some sort", but the heart says "something new entirely". I haven't played M+R yet but from what I've seen, I'm really interested to see what's next for these guys. Ubisoft Toronto did Starlink and I feel like that would be the team to do a Star Fox game, so probably not that (but hey, Soliani is such a passionate guy that I'd trust him with it). I'd love to see what they could do with a unique idea, so I'm hoping it's not something we're expecting them to do.

AAA? So not for Nintendo.

Also this. I hate that this is a thing, but assuming whatever they're working on is for Switch is a bad idea.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is for Nintendo. There was an insider that said fans of Mario + Rabbids would be disappointed in what they're working on next I think.

Dark Cloud was it you who brought that up? I'm trying to remember the details
I don't want to say the persons name, but they discussed this. There's probably no Mario + Rabbids sequel game coming and whatever they're doing might not be for Nintendo fans liking

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be really disappointed if there's no sequel to Mario Rabbids in the works. The game did really well and I need more X-Commy goodness.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
going on a limb that it's a solely ubi thing. mario rabbids seemed like a one off collab (sequels not withstanding)

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
M+R sales numbers have pretty long legs. It was still among the very top of December sale charts. We'll see.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
It won't probably happen, but I'll never stop asking for a new Splinter Cell game. Just something in line with Blacklist (hardcore stealth and action focused gameplay, so you got to choose what you like more) with Ironside and I'd be happy.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Give him Mario RPG!!

The engine and style they had for Mario+Rabbids would be perfect for a modern super mario rpg.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
So, what do you think this could be? A sequel to M+R? StarFox? DK? Another Nintendo IP? Something totally different and multiplatform?

One nice "move" would be creating a "spiritual sequel" to M+R based on the whole set of Ubisoft characters (so, Rayman & co, Assassin's Creed, etc...) but with NO Nintendo characters. And make it multi-platform.

Give him Mario RPG!!

The engine and style they had for Mario+Rabbids would be perfect for a modern super mario rpg.

This too.

They nailed the style and the feeling of a Nintendo game, they could handle this well.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
A new Prince of Persia would be great. It's my favorite franchise from Ubisoft.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Yeah I have a feeling this ain't coming to Switch, but we'll see. It would be a shame though, these third party collaborations with Nintendo are genuinely good and very much needed and appreciated for such an outlier system.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I'm more interested of what they've been working on since 2017. It can't be too far from release... and my guess is these new jobs opening are for their next, next game which should start development about now.

(M+R was amazing, so their new game is my most anticipated game of 2020, already.)

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Same, even if Assassin's Creed could be considered "prestigious" from a certain point of view.

But to prove your point, older job descriptions (like this one for a level designer) only talked about "a triple-A game", without any adjectives. :)
You don't think an Ubisoft division advertising a job at Ubisoft would refer and consider their own IP's prestigious? Their advertising for Ubisoft , not other companies.