• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. And now it's become something else again. I don't know if they still call it Quarantine though.

rainbow6.ubisoft.com

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction - PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC & More | Ubisoft (US)

Official Website. Play Rainbow Six Extraction a one to three player cooperative tactical first-person shooter. Assemble your elite team of Rainbow Six operators to launch incursions into the unpredictable containment zones and discover the mysteries behind the lethal and constantly evolving...

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft is facing the music. They're now coming to the realization that frequent releases of mediocre titles that look nothing different from their predecessors won't cut it. This may suck in the short term but it's well worth it in the long term.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
rainbow6.ubisoft.com

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction - PS4, PS5, Xbox, PC & More | Ubisoft (US)

Official Website. Play Rainbow Six Extraction a one to three player cooperative tactical first-person shooter. Assemble your elite team of Rainbow Six operators to launch incursions into the unpredictable containment zones and discover the mysteries behind the lethal and constantly evolving...
I know. But they have a new PM on the project now, and the game isn't what was shown in that trailer anymore (as far as I was told).

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
imo, division was a great single-player game. interesting story, great gameplay, & loads of lore. & they also released a great book full of even more lore:

TheDivision_NewYorkCollapse-768x576.jpg

yup, played both one and two as single player games....and honestly i really enjoyed them that way. I know GaaS money is the future (ish. less bright now as we have seen) but I do hope they know that the Division has their lore and single player fans as well. Also, anyone else see a future in GaaS games being good single player IPs? R6 of course was a multiplayer game, but years of well....memes, fan lore built on some piecemeal bio stuff from the devs is gradually showing dividends in the IP and hopefully will impact the success of R6 Quarantine positively.

Ugh a Division 3 would be awesome. I'm really interested in the story.

Oct 27, 2017
Actually it might be a good sign after Breakpoint and Division 2, that their way of making games is not working anymore and changes must be made.

In fact i was worried about next AC, now i am more optimistic

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
imo, division was a great single-player game. interesting story, great gameplay, & loads of lore. & they also released a great book full of even more lore:

TheDivision_NewYorkCollapse-768x576.jpg
I feel like TD was akin Star Wars Battlefront 2. Yes there was a story, yes there was lore and yes there was single player but i feel like that tweet and reply were more looking for a Star Wars Fallen Order experience.

Oct 27, 2017
They won't change AC formula from Origins/Odyssey anytime soon.
No I dod not mean that. Actually i like the new formla much more ! I meant probably would lead to less grind and monetization like what we have seen in Breakpoint and I was concerned that style would have applied to the new ACs. Which I like them alot more than tradotional AC

Oct 25, 2017
Some peeps on the Siege subreddit and on the dev change video youtube page are worried a few of the top Siege devs are moving on to other projects, but seeing this happen, I think it's just Ubisoft stuff in general and isn't a comment on anything bad happening with Siege itself.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I didn't know this existed. Is it worth buying ?

if you enjoy the game, very much so...

I feel like TD was akin Star Wars Battlefront 2. Yes there was a story, yes there was lore and yes there was single player but i feel like that tweet and reply were more looking for a Star Wars Fallen Order experience.

haven't played either star wars game mentioned, but, yeah, while i understand that the division isn't quite as 'cinematic' as most traditional single-player games, it basically contains such a wealth of other stuff that i, personally, never really missed all the souped-up cutscenes...

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Ubisoft is facing the music. They're now coming to the realization that frequent releases of mediocre titles that look nothing different from their predecessors won't cut it. This may suck in the short term but it's well worth it in the long term.
That's less of a problem for them now than it was back in 2011-2015. With that being said, Far Cry New Dawn and Breakpoint were definitely worrying signs of the old Ubi rearing its head again. Good on them for having the foresight to course correct immediately.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
if you enjoy the game, very much so...

haven't played either star wars game mentioned, but, yeah, while i understand that the division isn't quite as 'cinematic' as most traditional single-player games, it basically contains such a wealth of other stuff that i, personally, never really missed all the souped-up cutscenes...

Yup, i hate cutscenes and lore fed via spoon.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just hearing about this now (sorry to bump it) but that blows. Hope it isn't the rumored Tron game by them :(