• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
The first quarter of Ubisoft's 2018-19 fiscal year was a very good one for the company—a record-setter, in fact. Ubi reported sales of €400 million ($466 million) for the quarter, driven primarily by continued growth of digital sales and "player recurring investment" [PRI] in "digital items, DLC, season passes, subscriptions, and advertising."

PC sales accounted for 24 percent of Ubisoft's total for the quarter, up from 21 percent of the first-quarter total in 2017-18 and behind only the PlayStation 4, which accounted for 38 percent of sales (down from 44 percent in Q1 2017-18). The Xbox One, which barely edged out the PC last year, came in third this time around, accounting for 22 percent of sales by platform.

Source: PC Gamer

Well deserved imo, since Ubisoft is doing many things right lately. Even uPlay isn't as bad anymore as it used to be.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uPlay is a really good platform. Love the stat and progression tracking systems and club rewards/points.

They've been putting out consistently good games with excellent post release support, this is well deserved

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I wonder if the 6% drop in PS4 is also being leeched to PC. I know that's the case for me.

PS4 Pro just wasn't good enough.

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't that long ago that all Ubi PC releases were artificially delayed to get the console sales first, and came with crippling DRM making them non-functional without an internet connection.

Other publishers still using that playbook could stand to think about that.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PC gaming is stronger than ever.

That is why MS doesn't do exclusives for Xbox and insist on the Play Anywhere initiative.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
PS4 Pro continuing to look half assed, just like One X imo. If I want a PC I'm gonna build a PC. These mid gen refreshes didn't stop that.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the 6% drop in PS4 is also being leeched to PC. I know that's the case for me.

PS4 Pro just wasn't good enough.

Nr8WTPr.png

Combination of Switch, PC (and Xbox holding its share).

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Title should be changed as suggests that Xbox is doing worse, when in fact its doing the same as last year. The drop in PS4 sales is the real story.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
uPlay is a really good platform. Love the stat and progression tracking systems and club rewards/points.

They've been putting out consistently good games with excellent post release support, this is well deserved
I just noticed the stat tracking for the first time the other day, and it really is an impressive feature I hope Steam picks up and allows for developers to add.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
In another report Ubisoft said a lot of these sales came from "back catalog games." They didn't fully clarify what that meant but that might be behind some of the PC performance, as Ubisoft has its largest back catalog on PC.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 Pro continuing to look half assed, just like One X imo. If I want a PC I'm gonna build a PC. These mid gen refreshes didn't stop that.
Nah. The One X is exactly the right type of specs it needed to be.

MS sort of got lucky thanks to crypto mining inflation but it still made their midfresh console an acceptable choice.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a break down of their top selling games ? Would like to see if there is a correlation between pc sales and when a game has issues on pc at launch.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Title should be changed as suggests that Xbox is doing worse, when in fact its doing the same as last year. The drop in PS4 sales is the real story.
Why is that the real story? In fiscal year Q1 PS4 players spent their money on God of War and Detroit, so less to spend on the latest Ubisoft open world copy paste game.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Jan 18, 2018
Is Switch almost entirely Mario vs Rabbids? I can only think of Just Dance as the other title that would be on the scale

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So how would all of you analyze this as --

Great growth for PC, or XB1 underperforming?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Yet we still got complex crowd visuals like the ones seen in Assassins Creed or Uncharted 4 that were not attempted in the past.

The cpu could've been a lot better but if Cyberpunk is cross gen the options we had to deal with were atleast a clear step up from the previous generation.

Something annoying isn't inherently garbage.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Yep I buy all multi plats on pc exclusively now. I'm done with shit frame rates. Not a big fan of Uplay but i deal.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Give props to Ubi on the PC end. The way they marketed For Honor last year on PC was brilliant. Everytthing from giving early access beta and codes to popular twitch streamers.... to releasing good ports.

Oh and they are fully on board with integrating Uplay with Steam. They seem to be the most in touch with PC gamers out of the big 3 pubs. They deserve the success. And it will continue carrying over for them.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017

LMAO.....the real story is PC going from 3rd ro 2nd. PS4 is still 1st, no matter the percentage drop.

So to recap...PS4 1st, PC 2nd and Xbox 3rd. Whereas last year...it was Xbox 2nd and PC 3rd. See the headline now?

Anyway, interesting performance results. PC is only growing, specially with Xbox exclusives on it.

OP
OP
Ge0force

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
PC gaming is stronger than ever.

That is why MS doesn't do exclusives for Xbox and insist on the Play Anywhere initiative.

Microsoft could learn a few things from Ubisoft about PC gaming tbh. ;)

I've copied the title from the article on PC gamer. It's remarkable that Ubisoft is doing do well on PC now, because they weren't very popular among PC gamers a few years ago.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
But also can be correct with added part "PS4 sales down 6% and Switch sales up 4%". Why not provide whole info if it's there?
Because that's not the important part.
LMAO.....the real story is PC going from 3rd ro 2nd. PS4 is still 1st, no matter the percentage drop.
Xbox moved from #2 to #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.