• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
More at the source

Ubisoft has revealed that it will not launch a new Assassin's Creed title in 2019, and instead will support this year's entry, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, with additional content designed to keep players engaged in the game.

Speaking at GamesCom, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot explained that Assassin's Creed Odyssey's 2019 release was enabled because both 2017's Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey were being developed at the same time, and Odyssey will not be immediately followed by another game.

"On Assassin's, we had a game [in 2018] and we have one this year, but we are not going to have a full-fledged Assassin's next year," said Guillemot. "It's just because the team were working separately, so we have two games now, one year after the other. But next year you're not going to have a full-fledged one."

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they said the same thing last year, and yet Odyssey exists.
They didn't.
They said "AC is not returning to becoming a yearly franchise" and that seems to be true.

Origins and Odyssey were almost made in parallel so they get released back to back but there is no release in 2019, which makes it not yearly. Then there's the year long gap before origins to account for too.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm pretty sure they said the same thing last year, and yet Odyssey exists.
I think they just said they don't want to do one AC each year anymore, which didn't exactly mean there couldn't be two main AC in two years, from time to time.
When Origins released, they clearly knew there would be another one the next year.
If they say "no AC next year" then it means what it means.
It probably means they know that next AC will be cross gen (next gen exclusive)

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Soooo... There's a chance for Prince of Persia, right?

If Ubisoft really decides to make another PoP game they really should use Switch as the base system and improve home console versions afterwards. Switch needs some medieval oriental action too.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Okay they will have a smaller scale AC for next year.

Please buy/preorder Odyssey.

Assassin's Creed 3 remaster here we come.
Asked whether this meant there would be a spin-off title or something smaller instead of a brand new, fully fledged entry in the Assassin's Creed series, Guillemot confirmed that this would not be the case either.
Please read the source.

Mar 23, 2018
Odyssey was already looking great but this just seals me buying it honestly. I was worried I'd be tempting to buy yet another one next year but since this will be the game for the next two years (approx) then I'm in.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
how bold of them

still think origins and odyssey were too close to each other and both games will suffer due to it. next time follow your promises more closely and give the franchise the proper breathing time

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Time for psychology again....

If there is a one year gap between a new entry , gamers will love the game more, even if it's the SAME game as it was intend to next year....

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I know it's not really financially viable, but I kinda wish they'd sat on Odyssey for another 6 months to a year, just so that the franchise has a bit of time to fallow and the games fell neatly biennially. Origins seems to have produced a sweeping uptick in consensus, but I don't think people are ready for a new one just yet, having only just finished a truly massive - and borderline exhausting - game only a few months ago.

Plus, it would have been nice if Origins and its DLC had had a longer tail.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Smart choice, Odyssey already feels like Origins with a different map.

Soooo... There's a chance for Prince of Persia, right?

If Ubisoft really decides to make another PoP game they really should use Switch as the base system and improve home console versions afterwards. Switch needs some medieval oriental action too.

Yes please, make this happen Ubi!

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Makes sense to get the GOTY version of odyssey next year then.

Don't know anyone who 100% origins so that's totally fine.

Randall365

Banned
Jan 23, 2018
I loved Origins - but they have screwed up here. I am not sure that I can bring myself to sink another 60 hours into an Assassins Creed game already. Having the release so close to RDR2 just seems like folly for such a big release. Why not delay it a year - push the Origins dlc and then cash in.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Unity had 4 years and 6 month of devlopment.
It was the new Desilet game (you can see the AC1 features in it ) before he leaved.
Wtf with those "AC5 was made in one year"

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Odyssey is shaping up to be several hundred hours long, so I don't mind it. When AC games were 15-30 hour long affairs, i was definitely all about the yearly top ups.

neuq

Nov 2, 2017
I loved Origins - but they have screwed up here. I am not sure that I can bring myself to sink another 60 hours into an Assassins Creed game already. Having the release so close to RDR2 just seems like folly for such a big release. Why not delay it a year - push the Origins dlc and then cash in.
you can just wait a year and buy it with big discount

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

No one forces you to play it at release.

You'll even spend less money if you don't.

moose84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs 3? Hopefully the combat will return to Watch Dogs 1 style of gameplay and AI. I found the sequel unplayable.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg