• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AzerPhire

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't May 9th tie into the Ghost Recon announcement? Maybe they don't want people ordering that game at a discount right away.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
So where did this method of getting pre-order discounts stop working?

It still works as extra discount on pre-orders from uPlay when used from Finland. I tested it today.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
LOL i just got this

J6cvpZy.png

Did anybody beside me actually got that previous email?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
So, following EGS exclusivities:
- Ubi games got removed from 3rd party stores
- Ubi is pushing a tighter control on key market

And now they might be removing their 20% off in the near future.

But people fuckin told me competition is great. :)
Next time, dont play yourself and stop eating the PR bullshit from these companies. This is why what is happening right now in the PC market is a disaster for customers.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft, their policies on digital games, and Uplay are starting to suck more and more lately.

LOL i just got this

J6cvpZy.png

Did anybody beside me actually got that previous email?

Edit: wait what, so it's back to business as usual now? That was too elaborate an email to have been accidentally drafted...

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for bumping this, is this true?
Can I get 20% off on Breakpoint pre-order now (EU)?
Going to the Dutch store still prompts me with a "get 20% off with 100 uPlay points", so I guess yes, the offer is still valid.

Filling out one of my own codes... yes, still valid.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
The last thing I brought on the uPlay store was the Y4 Siege pass when it was already on sale recently, so I dumped some coins to make that cheaper.
Before that... was the Y3 Siege pass under the same conditions. Pass was 20% off normally so I used more coins to make it cheaper.

Regardless though, shitty move on their part.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I no longer buy Ubisoft games at launch in the US. Can't use the 20% off coupon like Europe and they removed all their new titles from 3rd party online retailers due to EGS crap. Oh well, at least in ~5 months after launch I can buy the gold edition of a title for like $30..

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
This is how it's been in the US.

I've only used the discount a couple times. I've got a couple hundred points built up though, and should see if there's more stuff I can unlock in games in case any expire.