• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
latest

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Far Cry is one of those big IPs I'm kind of amazed is so popular. I guess it just checks off enough boxes for most people (not knocking anyone who does enjoy them). Just I've never met anyone who was like "Yeah, Far Cry is MY thing".

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Ehhhh well not new number entry if that's what you want to know

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry is one of those big IPs I'm kind of amazed is so popular. I guess it just checks off enough boxes for most people (not knocking anyone who does enjoy them). Just I've never met anyone who was like "Yeah, Far Cry is MY thing".

It's so sad to see how hard they try to replicate the Far Cry 3 formula. Just give something different and I would be happy to jump back since the gameplay is fun enough, but the same Fight To Free This Island/City/Country From The Bad And Complex Dictator is just boring at this point.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

It's like a big bowl of "good enough". I'm not great at shooters so i like a weird campaign with lots to do and nice vistas. Far Cry usually delivers. I'd never buy one at full price though.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
I remember reading this year that FC7 would go in a "radically different direction". I also answered a survey from Ubisoft this year asking what I thought about the series and they had questions about very different things like what I thought about loot-based shooters and such.
If it's indeed a BR game, it would be before the new main entry I guess. Do we know if Ubisoft will drop a spin-off after 6 like they did with Primal and New Dawn?

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Definitely a spin-off title rather than Far Cry 7, since that's supposed to be like a soft reboot of the series apparently.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
It's so sad to see how hard they try to replicate the Far Cry 3 formula. Just give something different and I would be happy to jump back since the gameplay is fun enough, but the same Fight To Free This Island/City/Country From The Bad And Complex Dictator is just boring at this point.
They try so hard that the AI is still as shitty as 9 years ago, quite remarkable.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
It's reliable. You know what you're getting.

Having cleared my backlog I'm dramatically narrowing my sphere of interest. Literally the foreseeable future only involves Far Cry 6, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite for me.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
There are very few open world FPS games that take you to idyllic locations and the gunplay is actually very good. It's a good game to shoot the shit with, no pun intended, for those reasons alone.