• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
On their fiscal call, Ubisoft said they were focusing on the two things in the title (way more content at launch, notably faster and more regular content post launch), and making sure they do a really good job with the end game (they directly say "end game") with the title.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft showing Bungie how it's done?

Seriously though, given the original title's success, I can imagine them knowing how to staff up and make a bigger, better game for the sequel.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I have high hopes for this game. I really wanted to love the division and they got a ton right, hoping for good things for round 2.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
Amount of content wasn't a problem for me with the first game. I want more interesting encounters (enemy variety) and boss fights.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still think this game is going to be hampered by lack weapon variety and enemy types because of the somewhat grounded and realistic setting.

Unless Dividion 2 is like 200 years in the future or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Based on where the first game is right now, I'm pretty damn hopeful for The Division 2. The minute to minute gameplay is fun (and has been since launch except for that window when time to kill was ridiculous), it's more balanced than it's been in awhile (though PVP still focuses largely on a few builds), the loadout options allow you to switch between builds quickly, there's plenty to do daily and weekly, and they've finally gotten their economy to a point where it feels like you aren't grinding endlessly (other than for specific exotics).

My hopes for The Division 2:
- that single player is as lengthy as the original, but with a bit more variety in enemy strategies/types;
- that the incursions are a little more fun. The first few were really tedious (especially with time to kill) and some of the last ones really only allowed a single strategy to be used;
- that Survival Mode is an option at launch (either as a separate mode or a difficulty setting when roaming in general). It was really fun and tense and with just a bit of polish in the mechanics and some random loot spawns, it could be a really, really great way to play the game.
- that they go a little wilder in the builds. It's nice to have things grounded, but it'd be great if switching loadouts felt a little more drastic/unique.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I'm really excited for Division 2. Dark Zone with friends for the first month or two at launch was some of the most fun I've had in gaming.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Good.
The division was a good journey.
Building up on it's current state and I'll buy with season pass again.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I wish them the best of luck but to me this is nothing more than PR talk. They need highly replayable content, not just more content, and I just don't think anyone has cracked the formula just yet. Maybe they will prove me wrong. That said, I do admire their dedication to the game and the way they reinvented the game post 1.3 patch.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like the opposite of what bungie did with destiny 2 from the feedback here on era. Hopefully they can deliver.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up selling the first one but honestly really enjoyed my time with it. Given that and Ubisoft's track record on sequels, I really see no reason to doubt that this will be great.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
If they pick up where they left off and don't forget all the lessons they've learned they should be head and shoulders above destiny 2 and it's abysmally weak ass sophomore effort.

I really hope there is some kind of large scale 16 or more player PVE darkzone shenanigans on the table. The world of Division is so good to fight through/in...i would live to have a huuuuuge fuckin firefight with a large crew if agents. Streets full of Cleaners and LMB punks...pulses stacking and turrets all losing their shit!

Looking forward to a reveal

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Cool. But I'm more concerned about the gameplay (although those things do matter). Cover-based combat is just really hard to not feel clunky, especially in PvP when you're diving around and going back into cover. And the Division did cover really well, but it still felt janky. Also, 3rd person aiming is simply lesser than first person. Hopefully they took a hint from GR: Wildlands and made all ADS first person.

If they enhance the gameplay, have more content and somehow make the environment more engaging, I'll be there.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UmeĂĄ, Sweden
Question is if they start from where The Division is at now or not, cause it has taken quite a long time for that game to finally get to where it is. If they do, and apply all lessons learned to improve on the formula for a better game (more abilities, more customization please), I am definitely in.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt that this game will be much better than the original given Ubisoft past with sequels being better and evolved compared to the original (like Watch Dogs 2 or Assassin's Creed 2 for example)

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I actually believe in Ubisoft these days. They really improved Division when any other company would have just tossed it and Rainbow Six is amazing. They even keep working on For Honor despite that game floundering early on. Never mind that the recent AssCreed was very good too. Great gaming company imo.

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've said it befire: The Division was my GOTY 2016 and I still love it. But this sounds like Div2 will exceed my dreams, so I hope Ubi delivers. They're one of my favourite devs, so I have faith in them

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a no brainer really, take atleast half of the content of 1st game in it's current state and that should be fine.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I actually believe in Ubisoft these days. They really improved Division when any other company would have just tossed it and Rainbow Six is amazing. They even keep working on For Honor despite that game floundering early on. Never mind that the recent AssCreed was very good too. Great gaming company imo.

By floundering do you mean having problems with the game? Cause the sales were always solid.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I would like more abilities and more varieties in the abilities. I would also like maybe more variety in archetypes in the character creation. So since it is a RPG kind of, I would like to see more focus on creating individual classes.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland
Hopefully The Division 2 will be there Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls at launch and post launch.

I hope they nailed it for new systems and better handling on everything they have learned from the first division.

Stellar Drift

Jan 6, 2018
I truly think this IP would benefit from not being grounded in reality. We don't need aliens and space magic, but the bullet sponge feeling of bosses would definitely go away (a bit) if I was shooting some military robot instead of some thug with a mask.

That being said, they did improve the game a ton and the TTK is much better now, but it still can feel a bit weird.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I want more interesting encounters (enemy variety) and boss fights.

That's the issue with using the Tom Clancy IP for a game like this, it needs to be somewhat grounded in reality. If this game was moved over to a scifi/fantasy style to really let the artists and designers flex for some crazy boss fights and encounters, it would be way cooler. It just gets weird pumping a crazy amount of bullets into a guy wearing a vest.

quotethis

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
Hopefully it looks amazing and runs as well as Division on PC, too. Excited for this but I will temper my expectations until we see some gameplay.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry about that. This place is really weird about thinking Ubisoft games don't sell so I wasn't sure lol

Haha ya it's all good I know what you mean. I was mainly speaking to the problems Division and For Honor had for a good while but instead of abandoning the games Ubi fixed them and currently they are in pretty good shape imo.

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since The Division (and R6) released, Ubisoft has been delivering good to great games with fantastic post-launch support.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Bungie probably said the same thing before Destiny 2 launched. But what a world we live in where Activision is now considered more trustworthy than Bungie.

Compsiox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Division 1 was pretty great. If they can improve on that it could be amazing.

I hope they keep add all the old zones into the new map. Once the Division 3 comes out they should have all of New York City. Then they can make a complete NYC battle royale.