• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Taken from the article:

With Rainbow Six Extraction, Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass members are getting another blockbuster added to their library on the same day the title launches,

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
EA Play was a service that I was fine with rolling over monthly, year to year (at least until it got absorbed into Game Pass Ultimate)

With a significantly higher price, and offerings that I am less consistently interested in, not sure if Ubisoft+ will be something I am subscribed to continually. But I may dive into it from time to time. Have been meaning to check out Watch Dogs Legion, some of the older Splinter Cell titles, and Rayman Legends

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
If I had to guess, the premium version (which is all there is now) will be it's own standalone thing and then around when E3 comes around (and announced at E3) we'll get an announcement of a lesser tier of Ubisoft+ which has games that are more than one year old and that lesser tier will be added to Game Pass Ultimate on console and PC.

Still though, pretty great that it's coming to Xbox in the future, always seemed like a kind of obvious thing to do for them rather than keep the service Stadia and PC exclusive. Though it also does make the fact that most of Ubisoft's games from the original Xbox didn't make the cut for the last BC batch pretty baffling to me. Then again that's mostly because I'm bitter that several great Rainbow Six games have been left in the past but eh

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see this ever being added to game pass for free. They would most likely make it an add on with a higher cost. I can't imagine them giving out assassins creeds for free

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Interesting. Ubi games go on sale super quick and with big discounts. So if this is ÂŁ10 per month - and I can't see it being cheaper than that - then, even as a huge AC, Far Cry and (to a slightly lesser extent) Watch Dogs fan, I probably wouldn't get value from this.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to try it on Stadia and Geforce Now but the Canadian price for what you get is insane..
Still nice to have options

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to see Ubisoft side with Xbox more and more this gen while Square is firmly in Sony's camp, even beyond what's publicly known. This is a cool move, but I wonder what price we'll be looking at for Ultimate + Ubi.

This is turning into a very exciting gen.

Eh Ubisoft in my mind is willing to be anywhere their games get the most money to be. Early adopters of both Stadia and Luna. Beyond a couple game pass games and marketing for Valhalla I don't see how they are cozying up to Xbox, more likely going to where they are getting the best deal at the moment.

Same with Square they obviously make more money starting with timed exclusive on Playstation, then go to Epic who will give them money for an exclusivity window then eventually Steam for that large user base and get a GamePass deal from Xbox.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow Six Extraction right into gamepass day one for PC and Console is awesome... i was on the fence as my bro and I love co op games.. now we can try it out.

JordanMiddler

Journalist at VGC
Verified
Jul 15, 2021
Eh Ubisoft in my mind is willing to be anywhere their games get the most money to be. Early adopters of both Stadia and Luna. Beyond a couple game pass games and marketing for Valhalla I don't see how they are cozying up to Xbox, more likely going to where they are getting the best deal at the moment.

Same with Square they obviously make more money starting with timed exclusive on Playstation, then go to Epic who will give them money for an exclusivity window then eventually Steam for that large user base and get a GamePass deal from Xbox.

Most of Square's stuff will end up on Xbox, but I wouldn't hold out hope for FF unless something changes. Sony want PS to be the home of FF this gen. FF7 was supposed to be on Xbox by now, but here we are.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Square is keen to keep putting everything on PC, even if the ports aren't great. Timed exclusives.
Yeah I should probably get used to it by now since they started this trend well before this gen. Way back when FFX/2 HD stayed finished and untouched in SteamDB for EXACTLY a year and then just released.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting to see Ubisoft side with Xbox more and more this gen while Square is firmly in Sony's camp, even beyond what's publicly known. This is a cool move, but I wonder what price we'll be looking at for Ultimate + Ubi.

This is turning into a very exciting gen.

I mean SE is helping MS make PD are they that much in Sony's camp

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
After the EA sub got added to the platform and GamePass knew it was only a matter of time for the Ubisoft one to get added. These days there's not much of Ubisoft's titles I want to play, but some I'm curious to try and older ones that are done being patched I wouldn't mind delving into. Most times I'm not one for sub services like this though, unless it's cheaper than buying a new game

Hope it gets added to GamePass sub for both PC and Console eventually

JordanMiddler

Journalist at VGC
Verified
Jul 15, 2021
I mean SE is helping MS make PD are they that much in Sony's camp

They're doing that because it's guaranteed money. After Avengers flopped, they're far more keen to send off non-FF studios to do that kind of thing. It's worth thinking about Square as FF Square and everything else as separate beasts.

Oct 25, 2017
Most of Square's stuff will end up on Xbox, but I wouldn't hold out hope for FF unless something changes. Sony want PS to be the home of FF this gen. FF7 was supposed to be on Xbox by now, but here we are.

I think so as well. I'm just saying it's far less these developers siding with one platform or the other it's Sony / Xbox offering more money or extending deals.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Good news. Even if a separate service is rather by a month or two here and there when games I want to play are out since I'm not a collector.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Probably, but I seriously doubt it will be "free" like EA Play.

Unless MS is going to drop some BIG bucks that is.

I think it will depend on how well the service performs by itself. I honestly don't know who is paying $15/month to play Ubisoft games and what the churn rate is like. I hope a lesser tier with older titles like EA Play gets created just for Game Pass.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
My bet is they'll lower the price to $10 a month, and you'll get a 20% discount if you're a gamepass subscriber.

JordanMiddler

Journalist at VGC
Verified
Jul 15, 2021
I think so as well. I'm just saying it's far less these developers siding with one platform or the other it's Sony / Xbox offering more money or extending deals.

That's what I mean though, it's only about the money. There's also the JP/Sony relationship that's hard-wired, but that barely matters now. Big Jim Ryan at the wheel.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
This won't be coming to Game Pass unless Ubi creates a lower tier that only includes old games (like EA Play). Still has me interested. Even at $15, it's a good deal to sub just for a month to play the next Far Cry or whatever.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Hope this goes into GPU eventually but I could see myself subbing for a few months a year to this alongside Game Pass to get all my Ubi games for the year sorted.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Probably will come to PlayStation at some point. Don't see a reason not to.
Yeah, other than maybe backend issues with PSN due to how it handles versioning (Ubi+ includes premium versions of games, day one) I don't see a reason why it wouldn't come to PlayStation. Even less when you consider Ubi+ is everywhere else, PC, Stadia, Luna.

There is absolutely zero chance the service as is will be included in GP or Spartacus though.

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
Can't see U+ ever being included in game pass without a lower tier being created. Zero chance something like Assassin's Creed launches into current GP.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
They're doing that because it's guaranteed money. After Avengers flopped, they're far more keen to send off non-FF studios to do that kind of thing. It's worth thinking about Square as FF Square and everything else as separate beasts.

I guess I can see CD being sold to MS or just let go period in the come years

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
The "sides" narrative, coupled with loose mix of speculation and implication of private information being developed in this thread is kind of unnecessary console warring fodder.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Unless ms buys them, Ubi plus will not be coming into gamepass. Anyone expecting so will be very, very disappointed.

A lower tier though, similar to ea access, is something I could see.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with MS eventually offering a free month of this as a GPU perk, or at least with a free trial for a couple weeks or a month. A one week trial would be too little, lol, but I'll take it anyway. If pricing is correct though, I can see myself paying for a month or two here and there to easily fulfill absolutely all my Ubi gaming needs in "short" bursts.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Is the EA inclusion in GamePass a permanent benefit? I always assumed it was a limited time deal and would eventually go back to being separate ... but it has been going a long time already.
No sings of it ever going away, but I don't know if it was announced as a limited deal or what. I suppose as long as MS is paying EA the entirety of what they would be owed if the same subscriptions were standalone, they can be there forever.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's a lot of talk about Ubisoft+ not being rolled into GPU because it includes day 1 releases, but that's only half the story. It *also* gives you the ultimate edition of those releases with all the DLC. The whole point in Ubisoft+ (and the reason it costs what it does) is that it's effectively the only money you ever need to give them to access all their stuff (bar some micro transaction cosmetics).