• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft announced that its Ubisoft+ subscription service will be coming to Xbox in the future. Originally launched for PC, the service allows access to more than 100 Ubisoft titles at a single monthly cost, with games and DLC available on launch day, and monthly rewards including cosmetics, boosters, in-game items, and more.

news.ubisoft.com

Ubisoft+ Coming To Xbox And Rainbow Six Extraction Launching On Xbox Game Pass

Ubisoft announces its subscription service is coming to Xbox in the future and that the latest Rainbow Six game will be available on Xbox Game Pass and for PC Game Pass members from day one.

VilleEricson

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Wait.. Does this mean Ubisoft games goes day 1 on GamePass?

EDIT: Misread. still cool. Will probably join GamePass Ultimate at some point like EA Play.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be shocked within a year it gets absorbed into game pass in some way

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what this means for R6 Extraction's time on GP. It's hard to imagine Ubisoft+ being on Xbox while games like R6 Extraction are also available via GamePass

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
this is just the service being available on system/storefront

NOT game pass! so don't get confused ppl

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait.. Does this mean Ubisoft games goes day 1 on GamePass?

No, it means that you'll be able to pay for Ubisoft+ on Xbox and get the games through their subscription. This is not Ubisoft+ being added to Game Pass like EA Play.

JordanMiddler

Journalist at VGC
Verified
Jul 15, 2021
It's interesting to see Ubisoft side with Xbox more and more this gen while Square is firmly in Sony's camp, even beyond what's publicly known. This is a cool move, but I wonder what price we'll be looking at for Ultimate + Ubi.

This is turning into a very exciting gen.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What would the benefit of this be if it isn't included for folks who have GPU? They still have to pay separately for another service...but it's on gamepass? Am I reading that right?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hope its gonna be a single sub you can get Grandfathered in without getting the higher price like it was when they launched for Stadia.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if there will be multiple tiers, like there are on PC? For example, a $5/month tier that operates like EA Play, with the library of past stuff, but a more expensive tier that gives you day one releases? If so, I could definitely see that $5/month tier becoming a Game Pass Ultimate perk (in fact, insider speshal_nick has said that this would happen in the future).

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's interesting to see Ubisoft side with Xbox more and more this gen while Square is firmly in Sony's camp, even beyond what's publicly known. This is a cool move, but I wonder what price we'll be looking at for Ultimate + Ubi.

This is turning into a very exciting gen.
I'm actually going to very curious about pricing, given the existing Ubisoft+ service is split into a PC-only and a PC & streaming tier. The odds of Microsoft allowing a streaming tier that also grants Stadia access seems remote, tho. I wonder if they'll do a PC & Xbox tier? I would imagine that it'll be a seperate sub initially, but I wonder if they'll do a couple month free trial as a Ultimate Perk?

Michilin

Nov 14, 2017
I would get it if integrated with Gamepass for a fee, but standalone is a hard sell for me

JordanMiddler

Journalist at VGC
Verified
Jul 15, 2021
I'm actually going to very curious about pricing, given the existing Ubisoft+ service is split into a PC-only and a PC & streaming tier. The odds of Microsoft allowing a streaming tier that also grants Stadia access seems remote, tho. I wonder if they'll do a PC & Xbox tier? I would imagine that it'll be a seperate sub initially, but I wonder if they'll do a couple month free trial as a Ultimate Perk?

MS is already running Game Pass at a launch, this feels more like a 'Look what else you can do on this platform' rather than the EA Play model, especially since Ubi+ covers new titles. I also doubt MS would want to cannibalise its cloud sector either, but we'll have to wait and see. If it's just another platform for the same service, that's less exciting.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
What would the benefit of this be if it isn't included for folks who have GPU? They still have to pay separately for another service...but it's on gamepass? Am I reading that right?
no they just announced 2 things at once, rainbow six for game pass and ubisoft service is going to be available on Xbox (not game pass).

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I wonder what this means for R6 Extraction's time on GP. It's hard to imagine Ubisoft+ being on Xbox while games like R6 Extraction are also available via GamePass
Anything multiplayer-focused like extraction benefits from the player base via Game Pass, so I wouldn't assume it'd get pulled behind the paywall. They have extensive DLC plans for the game as well -- with quite a lot of free content, but plenty of paid too, so they'll still be earning from it. Just having "join Ubi+" on the launch of the Xbox port/daily message/news updates in-game would be worth a good deal to them as marketing.

If it took off like crazy and they felt like it would drive subs to +, then maybe. But that seems unlikely given how many co-op shooters are out there (and coming soon).

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see it finally arrive. if GPU + Ubisoft+ isn't too crazy I'm definitely in on it.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017

Extraction was probably going to bomb anyways. I would assume Ubi just sees this as a write off, and a way to funnel new players into Siege (as Outbreak was). Esp considering they are bringing Siege to PCGP, which I kind of thought would never happen because it was too much of a cash cow for Ubi.

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no they just announced 2 things at once, rainbow six for game pass and ubisoft service is going to be available on Xbox (not game pass).

Good call on them because that game doesn't look very good to buy on its own. Would be awesome if Ubi+ was free for GPU memebers. So many games from Ubi I stopped buying because they stopped making good games awhile ago.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I don't see this getting incorporated into GP in its current form, it's way more expensive than EA Play is. Maybe they can introduce a cheaper tier for that?