• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yiazmat

Oct 25, 2017
Jul 18, 2018
"All gymnastics look the same to me. Sometimes the gymnasts stumbles or falls, sometimes they don't. Congratulations to this woman for not falling!"

Is a statement so dripping with sarcasm and disdain that my monitor is starting to glisten. There's no "please enlighten me about what makes this routine special" it's just snark for sake of shitting on gymnastics in general. Seriously, "congratulations to this woman for not falling!" is transparently trolling. It adds nothing to the conversation beyond an attempt to devalue the topic itself. It's thread shitting.
Quite how you view my comment as harsher than the attitude displayed by the person I replied to is beyond me. You don't need to know anything about gymnastics to acknowledge the talent on display. Reducing it to "well done for not falling down" is a shitty attitude no matter how you look at it.

Well then, i apologize for jumping into conclusions without looking at the entirety and i'm sorry for attacking you both, my bad. I only saw the gymnastics comment from the person and their reply back talking about their ignorance of the sport. Never saw their sly remark concerning the sport. However at least the person responded back with some insight into why they thought that way, at least that's them trying to add something to the thread/subject.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Body shaming assholes. Great routine. I'm happy for her.

People are used to mostly teens with incredibly rare and specialized physiques from the Olympics. They rarely see what an adult amateur gymnast looks like, for the most part. Most Olympic gymnasts have a 5 year window at most.

Oct 26, 2017
A fight against white patriarchy... Sport dominated by white women... They're not mutually exclusive but that sounds a little odd.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I could think of while watching that video is how much bloody work does gymnasts have to do to get those thighs? Mine felt painful just after looking at her bouncing back up after the split like it was the easiest thing in the world.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A tenth of that effort at anything would have me gasping for air and crippled for days. Good for her, and it's so heart warming to see her so happy.

Oct 26, 2017
Lordy, that was amazing. And holy shit at her legs. She has more muscle in them than my whole body, which explains how she defies the laws of gravity to do what she did. I'd watch this in olympics all day.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That was an excellent performance. Love how joyous, fun and effortless she made it all seem.

And fat?! Wtf. I think she looks fantastic. Her build in terms of fat and muscle is pretty much ideal.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazingly athletic and fun routine. I seem to remember another video of hers which had another wonderful routine. Shes been great for a long time

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
A strong case can be made that, if she hadn't had the accident and had stuck with the Olympics, that it may have been Katelyn Ohashi that would have been breaking records in the 2016 Olympics, or at least sharing the spotlight with Simone Biles. Reading that Slate article it sounds like before she dropped out of elite competition she was the best in the wold, even beating Simone in competition, and performing some of the most difficult performances people have ever seen.

Of course I don't know if Katelyn has the ability to perform at the level of difficulty she used to (NCAA rules limit the difficulty a routine can have), and I doubt she really cares that much about how people would rank her in the history of gymnasts, but I wanted people to appreciate just how good she really is.

Last edited:

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Seeing her team dancing on the sideline put a huuuuge smile on my face, so wonderful.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate the dancing in women's floor routines, it feels like it cheapens the entire sport. Drop it and go do more amazing gymnastic shit. This woman is amazingly talented, I wanted to see more flips not silly dances.

Handicapped Duck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
That was a beautifully fun-looking performance. If I tried to do just one of the first three flips in the beginning I'd likely break my neck or back. Props to Katelyn Ohashi for getting a perfect score, I'd imagine that isn't easy to do.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Routine deserved a 10 the moment she stuck the landing on the first flip. Shit was ace. Gymnastics is why I watch the Olympics, so I always get a kick out of excellent routines.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That has to hurt your crotch, no?

If by hurting you mean for you and I doing a move like the jump to split to straight up again would result in our legs staying right there on the floor while our torso bounce back up detaching from the rest, yeah, sure.

For her and people who train and compete at that level : nope. They do train painfully hard, but as you can surely already tell their adductor muscles are crazy strong which allow them to pull off shit like that "normally".

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
All gymnastics look the same to me. Sometimes the gymnasts stumbles or falls, sometimes they don't. Congratulations to this woman for not falling!
this girl jumped into the air (about x2 her height), landed a perfect split, then bounced back into the air in one fluid motion you think this is a good time to shit on the athleticism of gymnasts?

try to "not fail" landing and launching off your crotch bruh

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
That looked so fun. Most of the time routines look so stiff and clinical. She was out there having a go and landing it all.

ezgif-2-126ac106b197.gif

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
She's amazing. That crotch bounce terrifies and impresses me at the same time.

Somewhat related but unimportant question: What's the deal with the gymnast outfits? The bathing suit with arms kind of thing. Every time I see one of those I feel like it would be so uncomfortable to wear. It's probably great for movement and flexibility and everything, but the combination of no legs and long arms would make me feel weird. Temperature wise, I guess. I feel like it's the upper part of the body that should be in a higher relative state of undress or whatever. Like if it's a really hot day out and I decided to drop my pants instead of take my shirt off, that would be weird.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
That was incredible, thanks for sharing.
I wish I had even an ounce of the grace and control she has, she is something else.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I had no idea vaginas were so bouncy!

Megatons aside that was really impressive and her teammates mirroring her moves was adorable.

Oct 27, 2017
The video is good but I don't like gymnastics as it submits people from a very young age through intense discipline then discards them when they're as old as 19 or 20. The training and routines themselves look robotic or dehumanizing in their quest for perfection.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
this girl jumped into the air (about x2 her height), landed a perfect split, then bounced back into the air in one fluid motion you think this is a good time to shit on the athleticism of gymnasts?

try to "not fail" landing and launching off your crotch bruh

I do understand their point that the level of gymnastics that usually gets watched by the public is so high that its hard to see the differences between the participants.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
She's incredible. Insanely talented! How anyone could ever call her fat just blows my mind. Good on her for smiling while making them look stupid.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shit was wild, I was watching it in the office yesterday and found myself dancing along in my chair. Really infectious enthusiasm that made the entire thing seem way more entertaining

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Long time follow up, but a new video popped up that leads up to this video.

She beat Biles back in the day. But instead of staying on top there was so much toxicity she took a different path from elite competition.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

She beat Biles back in the day. But instead of staying on top there was so much toxicity she took a different path from elite competition.

Sadly mass fucking sex assault took precedence, but it feels like ten years ago professional Gymnastics was starting to finally get heat over their insane expectations regarding weight, and it needs to happen.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly mass fucking sex assault took precedence, but it feels like ten years ago professional Gymnastics was starting to finally get heat over their insane expectations regarding weight, and it needs to happen.

Slow progress on all aspects, including general safety. There is the will to compete even when hurt.

Is easy to go though so the should have, could have been. But if she's happy now that's best.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020

Is there a full length doc or is this the whole thing? I assume it's the latter but damn, I'd watch a feature length doc of this any day.