• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Heh I'm sure a bunch of them are.

I believe their founder started out by seeking out Nazi war criminals at the behalf of the US State Department. He didn't subscribe to the ideology but he admired their devotion to Hitler.

Replace Hitler with Jesus and that's basically what they are.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao fuck off

e: in case I get banned for dropping the F-bomb, I have absolutely no kindness in my soul for someone who stans for the catholic church's record on LGBT rights and mass murder. As a member of that community, I have decided to excersize my right to tell people who do to fuck off. Sometimes, nothing more needs to be said, and nothing less is worth saying.
Why would you get banned? The Catholic church does have an abysmal record on LGBT rights. I'm not stanning for the Catholic church either, they are a corrupt, rotten institution. I think they are one of the worst religious forces out there. They also campaign against the death penalty.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
Look, I hate the Catholic church, but that poster is right that they would oppose this and any law that would put anyone to death as a legal consequence. They are one of the largest groups that campaigns against the death penalty, it's one of those issues they are extremely consistent on. They campaign and organize against the death penalty here in the US, they did so to get many European states to abolish the death penalty, they campaign against in in Central and South America, in Asia, etc.
And like I said, they can get fucked for refusing to own the consequences of their homophobia.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And like I said, they can get fucked for refusing to own the consequences of their homophobia.
Sure, no disagreement there. I mean even if you oppose the death penalty, encouraging homophobic beliefs is going to eventually lead to violence against gay people. In that sense...yeah, this is a consequence of those beliefs.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
You were the one who brought up the Catholic Church here, no one else. I am trying to provide perspective in the context of this thread which is about Uganda and the extreme anti-homosexual laws they have been attempting to pass for many years now. The Catholic Church strongly opposes this law, not just because of the death penalty here, but even before when it was life imprisonment. Catholics in Uganda have been told about the danger of the law and encouraged NOT to support it.

I'm not asking anyone to love the Catholic Church here, but if providing factual clarification that you're getting mad at the wrong parties in this context gets one line replies that basically acknowledge that you don't care and just want to rant, I guess there's nothing more to say. I feel it is important to state the truth especially in sensitive matters, that's all. I'm sorry if I've upset you in any way.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
You were the one who brought up the Catholic Church here, no one else. I am trying to provide perspective in the context of this thread which is about Uganda and the extreme anti-homosexual laws they have been attempting to pass for many years now. The Catholic Church strongly opposes this law, not just because of the death penalty here, but even before when it was life imprisonment. Catholics in Uganda have been told about the danger of the law and encouraged NOT to support it.

I'm not asking anyone to love the Catholic Church here, but if providing factual clarification that you're getting mad at the wrong parties in this context gets one line replies that basically acknowledge that you don't care and just want to rant, I guess there's nothing more to say. I feel it is important to state the truth especially in sensitive matters, that's all. I'm sorry if I've upset you in any way.
What do you not understand about the inadequacy of denouncing something on a technical level?

Do you understand that Trump has caused an increase in hate crimes despite the fact that he doesnt "technically" support them?

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
What do you not understand about the inadequacy of denouncing something on a technical level?

Do you understand that Trump has caused an increase in hate crimes despite the fact that he doesnt "technically" support them?
It's not a technicality. I don't understand why you keep bringing Trump up because the biggest red flag for Trump is that he refuses to publically denounce any of it or make any strong statement to tell those listening to him to reject such acts. In fact, he repeatedly does the opposite. Members of the Catholic Church leadership in Uganda aware of the situation have been actively campaigning against this bill since 2013. You can hate the Church for many other reasons, but why claim something that isn't true when you say that it is not surprising that this bill exists because Roman Catholics are the majority in Uganda? That isn't why this bill exists. It exists because of a very specific evangelical push that is documented. The facts speak for themselves - we know who pushed for it, who in the government supports it, etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
they should only kill the source of the gays their replication machine...the hetrosexuals!
so for every hetrosexual that wants to kill a gay they should kill themselves instead
or wall themselves off from the rest of the world whichever is easier

religions is the source of the imprisonment of yore and of the killing of now, le shock

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
It's not a technicality. I don't understand why you keep bringing Trump up because the biggest red flag for Trump is that he refuses to publically denounce any of it or make any strong statement to tell those listening to him to reject such acts. In fact, he repeatedly does the opposite. Members of the Catholic Church leadership in Uganda aware of the situation have been actively campaigning against this bill since 2013. You can hate the Church for many other reasons, but why claim something that isn't true when you say that it is not surprising that this bill exists because Roman Catholics are the majority in Uganda? That isn't why this bill exists. It exists because of a very specific evangelical push that is documented. The facts speak for themselves - we know who pushed for it, who in the government supports it, etc.
I think we just have different expectations of leadership. The Catholic Church released a vague cautionary statement about building walls leading up to the 2016 election. More than half of Catholics in the US voted republican in 2016.

I'm still going to hold the Catholic Church accountable for that. If you think that's not reasonable I cant help you.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
I think we just have different expectations of leadership. The Catholic Church released a vague cautionary statement about building walls leading up to the 2016 election. More than half of Catholics in the US voted republican in 2016.

I'm still going to hold the Catholic Church accountable for that. If you think that's not reasonable I cant help you.
What I think doesn't really matter much. I just wanted to clarify the details. I know that hurt and anger can't be healed easily. I'm happy that we can at least end the conversation with disagreement but not flinging vulgarities and dismissive lines at each other though. I appreciate that. I respect your points and agree that leadership can and should do more in educating the faithful in how they should morally act if that's what the leadership believes.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus fucking christ. That is utterly awful.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking disgusting. Thankfully there's a backlash to it even in Uganda. Hopefully the bill gets shut down or repealed like the previous bill.

Africa is one of the most naturally diverse, environmentally capable and resource rich places on earth and has been plundered and ravaged nonstop for five hundred years and planted with seeds of internal and external corruption by virtually every country in the main body of Europe.

Africa is a perfect example of civilization looking down its nose at a man in a gutter having forgotten immediately that civilization itself just pushed the man off the sidewalk and into while he was minding his own business.

And not content with fucking over the continent itself, Europe and America stole its children and scattered them to the wind with a scarlet letter branded into their very being.

Wakanda is not so much a Sci fi utopia as it is ultimately a vision of what an African nation should look like unpillaged and treated with equity for five hundred years.

So this makes it ok for Uganda to make being gay punishable by death? How do you see that Uganda is going to enact such a horrible thing and your first instinct is to defend them.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking disgusting. Thankfully there's a backlash to it even in Uganda. Hopefully the bill gets shut down or repealed like the previous bill.

What? How the fuck would you get that from that?

you do understand that the world is not just a series of binary conditions and that's you can have multiple bad things be true simulaneously right?

please show me anywhere in my entire life where I suggest that I am defending adult politicians in Uganda trying to Murder humans.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

What? How the fuck would you get that from that?

you do understand that the world is not just a series of binary conditions and that's you can have multiple bad things be true simulaneously right?

please show me anywhere in my entire life where I suggest that I am defending adult politicians in Uganda trying to Murder humans.

This thread is about Uganda announcing a bill to make homosexuality punishable by death. Instead of denouncing the bill, you make a post saying how Africa isn't responsible for their actions due to European and North America intervention. Which is complete bullshit.

What was the meaning of your original post other than trying to defend Uganda? And why post it in this thread? You didn't even bother to condemn the shitty bill sentencing homosexuals to death, you just jumped straight into defending Africa.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
It is baffling how people can adopt attitudes that are so incompatible with the shit they supposedly believe so vehemently. It's almost as if religion itself is a tool for political and moral manipulation. Who would've guessed.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is about Uganda announcing a bill to make homosexuality punishable by death. Instead of denouncing the bill, you make a post saying how Africa isn't responsible for their actions due to European and North America intervention. Which is complete bullshit.

What was the meaning of your original post other than trying to defend Uganda? And why post it in this thread? You didn't even bother to condemn the shitty bill sentencing homosexuals to death, you just jumped straight into defending Africa.

I'm sorry that your reaction is so outlandishly shallow that you'd double down on your hot take with zero context.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Africa is one of the most naturally diverse, environmentally capable and resource rich places on earth and has been plundered and ravaged nonstop for five hundred years and planted with seeds of internal and external corruption by virtually every country in the main body of Europe.

Africa is a perfect example of civilization looking down its nose at a man in a gutter having forgotten immediately that civilization itself just pushed the man off the sidewalk and into while he was minding his own business.

And not content with fucking over the continent itself, Europe and America stole its children and scattered them to the wind with a scarlet letter branded into their very being.

Wakanda is not so much a Sci fi utopia as it is ultimately a vision of what an African nation should look like unpillaged and treated with equity for five hundred years.
i think its odd to use "Africa" as a single monolith as if all people (North Africans, Sub-Saharan Africans) are all the same and have the same culture.

It makes some political sense, but its weird to say they would all be Wakandas, what does that even mean?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

Great post Stinkles, sadly this didn't just end in Africa but many other places on earth.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

I'm still going to hold the Catholic Church accountable for that. If you think that's not reasonable I cant help you

The Catholic Church and Catholicism will be getting some fine advice from Steve Bannon:

Former Trump White House adviser Steve Bannon is helping to craft the curriculum for a leadership course at a right-wing Roman Catholic institute in Italy, stepping up his efforts to influence conservative thinking in the church

Cardinal Raymond Burke, a leading Vatican conservative who is president of the Institute's board of advisers, said Bannon would be playing a leading role there.

Burke told Reuters he looked forward to working with Harnwell and Bannon "to promote a number of projects that should make a decisive contribution to the defense of what used to be called Christendom".

Bannon's increased engagement with the Institute demonstrates how his involvement in Europe extends beyond electoral politics to an effort to build a populist faction inside the Catholic Church.

You can probably expect more not less of this shit in the future.

No one expects the Spanish Breitbart Inquisition