• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Pube Man
lz1ygzab17iilhohoqhc.png

these two could legit be dark souls bosses

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these ugly little guys from Metroid Prime - I hated encountering them as a kid, especially since they reminded me so much of Xenomorphs. Baby Sheegoths

latest

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lord knows what monstrosity lies behind Tali's mask from Mass Effect. What disgusting nightmares lurk behind that mirage.

TaliZorah-vas-Normandy-Mass-Effect-2-Profile-b.jpg

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Aside of all the other mentions of the Soulsborne universe, my pick is the Man Centipede from Demon's Souls

man-centipede-large.jpg

Seriously, WTF is wrong with From Software?

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The moment I saw the title I thought, "oh another soulsborne thread".

There are so many on those games that is hard to pick one. From really know how to make nightmare fuels.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
He was the founder of the Healing Church in Bloodborne and originally a Hunter. He was called The Holy Blade and used the Moonlight Sword as his weapon. He like basically every hunter succumbed and turned into a deformed monster.

You forgot the part where the Moonlight Sword is so badass (because it's From Soft's Master Sword basically), its power allowed Ludwig to retake control of his mind after said transformation which none of the others could manage and speak to you lucidly after the fight.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I've never played it, but I see him so often in other posts. Despite never having fought against him, or seen him in-game, he's still my pick, because DAMN WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

2977195-1280x720-zpe.jpg

Ludwig, the horse-man... thing from Bloodborne.

His face is freaky enough with its lopsidedness and one still human eye, but what is that gaping maw above him, holy shit. And then there's his gangly hairy ass arm with its ghoulish hand. His corpse-like skin and dying hair are like the icing on the cake.

It's actually kind of ironic that his normal eye is freakier than his freaky eye.

I'd like if someone could clearly explain this dude's story, by the way.
Cute Wretches in Dark Souls 3:

t022_kk.jpg

Can't top these, tho the G-Adults from REmake 2 are very close:

f0585b.png

DtUwg0OW0AAWruj.jpg

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
The Bloodlickers from Bloodborne. I think it was the only enemy that I outright avoided at all costs, not just because I had trouble beating it but because it was just massively unpleasant to look at. They're like naked Slender-man blood grandmas.

Bloodlicker_Concept_Art.jpg

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Bloodlickers from Bloodborne. I think it was the only enemy that I outright avoided at all costs, not just because I had trouble beating it but because it was just massively unpleasant to look at. They're like naked Slender-man blood grandmas.

Bloodlicker_Concept_Art.jpg
These things always made me emotionally ill. I actually just don't like looking at them.

Wate

May 22, 2019
I always found the dog yamibito in Forbidden Siren 2 memorably disturbing looking:

One of the neat touches about the Siren games was the way you'd get to look through their eyes before encountering them, and if they had something unusual about their perspective or audio compared to other enemies you wouldn't quite know what they were, until you crept up to get a look for yourself. Great way to add tension to a horror game.

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you for this thread. I have never played a Dark Souls / Bloodbourne game and now I never will.

#NOPETHEFUCKOUT

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ludwig is more on the "grotesque" side of horror for me than the pure frightening stuff.

Imposter Iosefka after Rom's death is also pathetic, though not so afflicted.

Jan 21, 2019
No love for Silent Hill? Some of that stuff was vile.

latest

sh-schism.jpg

sh-closer.jpg
On the one hand I am glad that we got these monsters realized by PS2 tech and not with the full hammer of next gen, on the other hand I would love to see these in a photo realistic game. Fuck Konami. Can you imagine the skin really looking like skin and the blood being so real that they feel tangible.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
I've never played it, but I see him so often in other posts. Despite never having fought against him, or seen him in-game, he's still my pick, because DAMN WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

2977195-1280x720-zpe.jpg

Ludwig, the horse-man... thing from Bloodborne.

His face is freaky enough with its lopsidedness and one still human eye, but what is that gaping maw above him, holy shit. And then there's his gangly hairy ass arm with its ghoulish hand. His corpse-like skin and dying hair are like the icing on the cake.

It's actually kind of ironic that his normal eye is freakier than his freaky eye.

I'd like if someone could clearly explain this dude's story, by the way.
Fun fact, that gaping maw is actually full of eyes, not teeth.

And yeah, Bloodborne is the freaking best.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
I always found the dog yamibito in Forbidden Siren 2 memorably disturbing looking:

One of the neat touches about the Siren games was the way you'd get to look through their eyes before encountering them, and if they had something unusual about their perspective or audio compared to other enemies you wouldn't quite know what they were, until you crept up to get a look for yourself. Great way to add tension to a horror game.

Good lord, fuck that thing lol. I also remember looking through its eyes before encountering it and wondering why the pov was so low only for that nasty ass head to pop up and scare the living shit out of me.

The Siren series in general has some fucked up stuff. The way the shibitos start getting insect like features in Siren 1 was horrifying, and Siren 2 was filled with gigantic deformed monstrosities with oversized human heads which was all kinds of messed up. However I nominate the maggot shibito from Siren: Blood Curse which is basically a giant half-human-half-maggot with a heavily distorted human voice which never fails to fill me with terror.

ea80ce08a4830ac8025bd353df6c1fc6.jpg

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
He was the founder of the Healing Church in Bloodborne and originally a Hunter. He was called The Holy Blade and used the Moonlight Sword as his weapon. He like basically every hunter succumbed and turned into a deformed monster.
Small correction: Laurence was the one more involved in the founding of the Healing Church, whereas Ludwig was one of the first Church hunters, albeit arguably the most important.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Legit tried to find something, anything that wasn't Bloodborne or DS3 but a lot of the enemies and bosses are just like objectively disgusting, ugly and horrible.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they are in a sewer underneath Irithyll. Nightmare fuel.

b98cd8b1d3fc2379-600x338.gif
Oh, I remember that place. I think I just thought of them as bug monsters and didn't look at them too closely. Just cut through them.

Now that I look more closely... Brrrrr. Fuck everything with lots of long spindly legs.

I was actually fascinated by them. I keep wanting...to...go...nearer...and check out those beautiful...eyes....
And such a beautiful song right? And a familiar dress...

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Winter Lanterns in Bloodborne. Especially when they open up into all sorts of mouths and teeth after they grab you.

VzSTT1H.jpeg
Oh god fuck those things.
All glory to the penis beast.
Malboro from Final Fantasy. Inflicts every negative status known to man via bad breath.
latest
This is a good classic example. You had to just assume what they looked like at first in the first few games, but as technology has improved these things get more and more disgusting every year.