• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
P sure carriers get moved all the time when we want to wave our dicks around. This is aggressive posturing, but not a preparation for war.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
It's almost impressive how America has been at war since its inception until now , minus 20 years or less. A nation that truly doesn't understand peace.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I can see him trying to drum it up for 2020 just in time for the elections.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Iran is not Iraq or Afghanistan. Any ground war with them will kill many more American soldiers.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too worried right now, because Iran is allied with Russia, and Trump wants to remain Putin's pet. But, stranger things have happened, and Bolton has a war boner.

This doesn't seem like routine dick waving. I'm reading that this is a pre-emptive response to planned attack by Iran.

So....yeah. Trump wants a war.

When you read something like that, remember that John Bolton, in 2002, declared that the US was confident that Iraq had WMDs hidden, even though we were repeatedly told by UN inspectors that they did not.

Take what you hear from these guys with a McMansion sized grain of salt.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Has Iran done anything at all to deserve this?

They have been on the opposite side of America, and not cowtowing to our every whim.

We will destroy them, their cities and their innocent children. The media will look on nonplussed and report on the administration's lies without any pushback whatsoever, and threads like this will get 2 pages because first world problems.

I hate the current global paradigm so much

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Iran has some upcoming announcements on the JCPOA (nuclear deal), has ordered Editor in Chiefs of newspapers not to publish related news

Iran news: Ministry of Guidance calls editor in chiefs of newspapers & orders them not to publish any news related to upcoming Iran announcements on JCPOA

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Iranian media have been reporting that Iran will formally start enrichment and partially walk from the deal tommorow. Also, that the European leaders have been informed of this decision earlier today.
The decision is reportedly to preempt US decision which is expected to announce sanctions far more far reaching than current ones.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well great, much "thanks" to this absolutely braindead-stupid fucking US administration for escalating things.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah, time to stockpile food I guess.
I don't think Bolton could be any happier right now, Iran pulling out of the deal would be his wet dream.
Genuinely saddens me if this happens, I was hoping Iran would try to ride it out until the 2020 elections in the hope a Democrat gets elected and re-enters the deal and removes the related sanctions currently in place.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Bolton could be any happier right now, Iran pulling out of the deal would be his wet dream.
Genuinely saddens me if this happens, I was hoping Iran would try to ride it out until the 2020 elections in the hope a Democrat gets elected and re-enters the deal and removes the related sanctions currently in place.

Belligerantly pulling out of the nuclear deal neutered any Iranian opposition, basically making any movement towards peace untenable.

The fascists in the WH are trying really hard to get Iran to do something stupid to justify military actions.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
I don't blame Iran. Trump shit all over the deal and fucked over Iran who already had a history of being fucked over by the US. Then they watch NK get showered with praise and compromises made for nothing in return. Next they saw Saudi Arabia getting secret authorizations to sell nuclear power technology and assistance. Why would any major country not want to now take this route?

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Well Iraq and Afghanistan are both 'old news' and Syria doesn't really count as a ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''proper'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' war so it's about time the US started something new and Iran has always been in their sights soooo...buckle up world, the US is about to shit the bed again.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Iranian media have been reporting that Iran will formally start enrichment and partially walk from the deal tommorow. Also, that the European leaders have been informed of this decision earlier today.
The decision is reportedly to preempt US decision which is expected to announce sanctions far more far reaching than current ones.
Welp, I think Bolton just got his war.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm in Iran right now and let me tell you that this situation simply can't continue for another 2 years. Especially after this years flood and locust attack. Last summer was already very hard without any of this. The price of food has almost tripled in the past year.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I would think anyone sane at this point (i.e. Iran, china, Canada,. Mexico, et.) is just going to try and wait 2020 out, maybe spend a few hundred million trying to sway the election away from Trump.
It's a hilarious world we live in where Iran is considered sane. Sure they may govern in a super conservative, hypocritical, religious way but at least they're consistent and predictable!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm in Iran right now and let me tell you that this situation simply can't continue for another 2 years. Especially after this years flood and locust attack. Last summer was already very hard without any of this. The price of food has almost tripled in the past year.
The Iran nuclear deal was a really good thing. It's been proven time and time again that severe economic sanctions usually result in widespread humanitarian disaster but lol who cares

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Welp then. Lets just hope we wont find ourselves with a war which makes the Iraqi wars look like a bunch of angry women pulling each other's hair then.
And as an European our governments better not get involved if shit hits the fan. If the Trump administration wants to fight a war they can fight it themselves.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like we just can't get a fucking break. Just leave us alone. Fuck.

Our fucking regime is not helping either. Fuck.

You guys in the US, please like do something? Trump et al are showing all the signs that they are ready for a war, maybe get an anti war movement going or something.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Sounds like we just can't get a fucking break. Just leave us alone. Fuck.

Our fucking regime is not helping either. Fuck.

You guys in the US, please like do something? Trump et al are showing all the signs that they are ready for a war, maybe get an anti war movement going or something.
I don't actually think a war would happen unless there's severe causes beyond xenophonia and greed.

That being said there would need to be a strong anti-war and anti-authoritarian movement in the federal government along with a knowledge of successful exogenous state building and when to transition the government to "fix" the MENA region and that doesn't even exist in the Democratic Party so

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
It's highly unlikely war happens with Iran, unless Iran pops off, which also isn't likely to happen.

What the US is bringing over there right now doesn't say "invasion". It says complete destruction. It's a deterrent to whatever the claimed threats are.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I'm worried that Trump's wins(?) in foreign policy towards Venezuela and Iran wins him the second term.
W got his war because of 9/11. Americans won't be gung ho about another war especialy since there won't be a sufficient enough trigger for it and even republican voters have turned on the iraq war because of Trump. They largely don't care about foreign policy unless it immediately affects them.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
W got his war because of 9/11. Americans won't be gung ho about another war especialy since there won't be a sufficient enough trigger for it and even republican voters have turned on the iraq war because of Trump. They largely don't care about foreign policy unless it immediately affects them.
From what I see we are pretty close to a state failure. What US needs to do is to drop a few bombs and let the civil war begin.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Well, war does always help with whipping a bloodthirsty conservative base into a frenzy during an election.

I hate this fucking administration so much. America continues to a nightmare to the rest of the world.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm worried that Trump's wins(?) in foreign policy towards Venezuela and Iran wins him the second term.

Images of burning US ships, blown up US planes, dead civilians and caskets coming home from a totally preventable war is not going to land Trump a victory.

He is already incredibly unpopular in a time of economic success.

A war with Iran would likely cause a global recession due to the massive increase in oil costs.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
From what I see we are pretty close to a state failure. What US needs to do is to drop a few bombs and let the civil war begin.
Is that a view espoused by many Iranians?

I've gotten the impression that Iran is actually somewhat of a strong state especially when compared to Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Iraq etc.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Images of burning US ships, blown up US planes, dead civilians and caskets coming home from a totally preventable war is not going to land Trump a victory.

A war with Iran would likely cause a global recession due to the massive increase in oil costs.
Iran would still sell to the EU unless they went against Iran as well and I'm sure the KSA would offer the US a nice oil discount if they helped take out Iran.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Iran would still sell to the EU unless they went against Iran as well and I'm sure the KSA would offer the US a nice oil discount if they helped take out Iran.

If there is a war in Iran there is a 0% chance any oil production gets out of Iran via US blockades and military preventing such trade.

Not to mention the Strait of Hormuz being rendered unfit for trade due to active conflict, making all oil producing nations in the area be unable to ship their oil via the sea.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is that a view espoused by many Iranians?

I've gotten the impression that Iran is actually somewhat of a strong state especially when compared to Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Iraq etc.
The thing is that the regime has been on shaky ground for almost 20 years. There have been on average one big protest each decade. First in 1999 the next in 2009-2010 and another in 2019.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The main reason Iran is exiting the deal is that Europe, India and China are keeping the deal only in name. Almost no trade is going on between Iran and Europe at the time as Europeans can't risk US sanctions.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

None of this will happen Iranian millitary is a joke compared to US.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018

What in the world are you talking about?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Islamophobia at home (for you Americans), multiple threats of war against Iran, talking about energy dominance, driving the narrative that criticizing Netanyahu is criticizing whole of Israel and is therefore anti-semitic.... who could have seen this coming?

Not me. No sir.

I wonder what monstrosity would be birthed akin to ISIL should a war take place that ends the same way as Iraq with hundreds of thousands dead, million displaced, deep rooted resentment, etc all the while the upper echelon, who will never sacrifice anything other than their reputation at worst, have their cake and eat it too.

Deleted member 26398

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When bombs start dropping on population centers, what do you think will happen to US forces engaged in urban combat?

Nothing brings out righteous anger like Nationalism in the face of an invading army.
No amount of nationalism can hurt a plane flying at 50000 feet. US would be dumb to engage in urban combat. Just bomb the infrastructure and it would be enough for a civil war in Iran and another refugee crisis in Europe to start.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
When bombs start dropping on population centers, what do you think will happen to US forces engaged in urban combat?

Nothing brings out righteous anger like Nationalism in the face of an invading army.
With what is being brought in, it doesn't look like infantry is the focus. And it's mostly the burning US ships and panes part that was silly.