• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-...brexit-negotiators-have-agreed-a-deal-2018-11

LONDON — UK and EU negotiating teams have agreed on a Brexit withdrawal deal which Prime Minister Theresa May will present to her Cabinet on Wednesday.

The UK government has confirmed reports that May's most senior ministers will read the details of the draft agreement this evening before a special Cabinet meeting at 14:00 (GMT) on Wednesday.

An agreement between the UK and EU over how to prevent a hard border on the island of Ireland as a result of Brexit was reached during intensive negotiations held on Monday and Tuesday, sources told BI.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She totally folded.

Which means we at least get something, I s'pose. Still going to be much worse off than had we stayed in the EU.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot believe that any nation would willingly engage in a prolonged and excruciating exercise of walking to their own execution.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't believe we fucked our own country on the basis of foreigners and spite.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
it'll be interesting to see how the DUP reacts to this deal, since it will cause regulatory differences between northern ireland and great britain

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland right now:

Futurama-Fry.jpg

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Now watch parliament tear it apart, some voting no because they want a hard brexit, others because they hope that will cause a second referendum...

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
it'll be interesting to see how the DUP reacts to this deal, since it will cause regulatory differences between northern ireland and great britain

Boris Johnson

This has been 'Chronicle of a Death Foretold' for some months. We are going to stay in the customs union, we are going to stay in large parts of the single market.

It's vassal state stuff as for the first time in 1,000 years this parliament will not have a say over the laws that govern this country.

It is utterly unacceptable to anybody who believes in democracy ...

For the first time since partition, Dublin would have more say in some aspects of the governing of Northern Ireland than London. So I don't see how you can support from a democratic point of view.

Somebody tell the Irish to fall in line to the empire.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
TBH. I want to see what the 2 billion bought us from the DUP, as it seems they whinge constantly

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Still can't believe we fucked our own country on the basis of foreigners and spite.

What makes me even more angry about this is that the previous referendum I remember us having was the one to change our electoral system to a multiple choice option. People always complained about their vote not mattering but when the time came they failed to show up.

But for the 'chance' to kick some immigrants out? Oh boy, suddenly they're interested in politics.

If they expect more resignations out of this I imagine the Brexiteers aren't going to be satisfied. Hell, no one is satisfied about any of this!

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Is this an actual real deal, and how do Boris and Walter the softie know the details if the cabinet don't?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm reading the cabinet have been invited to read 400 pages tonight so it can be signed off tomorrow.

Sounds like a shambles again.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious to hear the details. I'm sure May folded on basically everything.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I can. Too many racists. Too many "nationalists" who think British culture is better off without foreigners.

I was born into a multicultural Britain, and I love it for that.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Who the fuck knows what labour will do at this point.

Corbyn is a leaver so he'll push everyone to vote no but maybe there is some people left recognized it's this or no deal.
but i don't think a parliament vote against would mean no deal?

i'd expect it to lead to a cabinet crisis and a brexit delay, with possibly a new election and/or new referendum

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Is this an actual real deal, and how do Boris and Walter the softie know the details if the cabinet don't?
Rumor is it's the deal from friday.

Backstop kick in after transition is over and either extends transition for all of UK or effectively keep NI in EU single market.

but i don't think a parliament vote against would mean no deal?

i'd expect it to lead to a cabinet crisis and a brexit delay, with possibly a new election and/or new referendum

There is no time for a new referendum/ new election.

EU has made it pretty clear in the past months they want to push the UK out and deal with whatever goverment is in power then.

Brexit is gonna happen in march, everything else is a unrealistic dream.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck knows what labour will do at this point.

Corbyn is a leaver so he'll push everyone to vote no but maybe there are some people left recognized it's this or no deal.
If Labour had a leader who actually reflected their caucus, they could leverage this, but they don't.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
All I want to know is when is the 500 page report going to be public, because I'm sure Eurowonks are going to nerd out with their yellow markers something fierce on Twitter.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There is no time for a new referendum/ new election.

EU has made it pretty clear in the past months they want to push the UK out and deal with whatever goverment is in power then.

Brexit is gonna happen in march, everything else is a unrealistic dream.
EU is pragmatic

they'll extend the deadline if it means they get to negotiate against someone who is not the fucking tories

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
EU is pragmatic

they'll extend the deadline if it means they get to negotiate against someone who is not the fucking tories
Which is exactly why no deal might favour them. It removes the last ace the UK holds which is to cancel Art. 50 and hold the union hostage by vetoing shit.

Also TM is not gonna survive a no deal as PM so she'll be gone anyway.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

Backstop kick in after transition is over and either extends transition for all of UK or effectively keep NI in EU single market.

oh well, it's about what we deserve, i can take a tiny bit of solace in the DUP and Liam Fox being irrelevant again.

I forgot i had that Liam Fox plug in installed, i really like it.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017

Didn't Barnier bascially say no extension to transition, and that the deal to keep NI in the EU Market, will only be considered regarding NI (and not the rest of the UK) ?

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Which is exactly why no deal might favour them. It removes the last ace the UK holds which is to cancel Art. 50 and hold the union hostage by vetoing shit.

Also TM is not gonna survive a no deal as PM so she'll be gone anyway.
no way is no deal brexit the preferred outcome of a pragmatic EU

it is preferred over have your cake and eat it brexit deal, but it is not preferred over soft brexit or canceled brexit

i guess it'd depend on whether a new election is called after TM resigns or if you get a worse tory cabinet. in the former case, i can see EU extending the deadline, but probably not in the latter, because there'd be a no point

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
The thing about canning Brexit at this stage is that there's no way in hell the EU would allow the UK back without some leveraging measures aimed at eliminating the tensions that came from having a member state with some ad hoc exceptions made for it.

Otherwise you'd have Salvini cranking up the agitprop in ways that would make The Sun's editorial board blush.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
This have been such a shitshow. Is the UK parliament really going to push for a no-deal brexit? That would be a disaster.

PD: Most of my book and comic purchases are from amazon UK and bookdepository, don't leave guys.

Rangerx

Oct 25, 2017
Dangleberry
Not a chance in hell this gets through the house of commons. It is a terrible deal no matter what side your on. Britain needs that second vote pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.