• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just read a while ago that Corbyn and the whips are going to get Labour to abstain from the vote.

I sincerely hope that's not true because if it is and this passes, Labour and Corbyn can get in the fucking sea.

He said in the Commons earlier that the House will have to reject the deal, and they've stated numerous times that they'll vote it down. They won't abstain, not on this vote.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope those rumors of MPs working on a norway type agreement once she fails are true.

Minimizes economic risk, keep FoM and UK won't be able to veto shit anymore.

That's like christmas come early for the EU.

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
If May was hoping for Labour MPs to bail her out..

Journalists should seriously be asking questions about May right now, is she delusional, unable to count, or just full of hubris?

She's passing the blame. She's essentially making the narrative: "Hey, I did everything I possibly could. I got us a deal, I appealed to the better nature of everyone, I wrote a lovely letter and everything, and yet these so-called MPs of yours would rather go for no-deal-chaos."

I fully expect that, much like Cameron, once the vote fails to pass, May resigns, acting like she did everything she was able to and that she's sorry that that wasn't enough for people and leaves someone else to fix the mess.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though this is another idiotic falsehood spewed into the world by that orange shitstain... Anybody opposing May's deal should take this quote and make sure it's part of every news bulletin from now until the cows come home.

"The President say's May's deal will prevent us from trading with the USA, the richest country on earth" is a pretty powerful single sentence argument.
Does it make Europe weaker if the U.K. and they have no deal? Yes.

I wish Trump would implode or something. We don't need him internationally shitting on our "democratic process "

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
America would rather have the UK in the EU who give them some influence within that bloc. While the US might have a little feeding frenzy on the UK if they were completely separate with trade etc. it's pretty useless to the US all things considered compared to the UK in the EU which is far more important long term because the EU isn't going to implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.