• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Wow at Horizon and Crash! GTS was no surprise. GT is always a beast in Euro. Why PD doesn't update their sales. I guess GTS is more than 3M right now...

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Thought Forza might have crept in, it's virtually an ever present in the charts.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those COD numbers look dubiously close to FIFA and AC:O over D2 goes against physical trends and announcements by Activision. Outside of that, the rest of the numbers seem plausible.

This is the physical only Top 10
1 FIFA 18 EA/EA Canada
2 Call of Duty: WWII Activision/Sledgehammer Games
3 Grand Theft Auto V Rockstar/Rockstar North
4 Assassin's Creed Origins Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal
5 Star Wars Battlefront II EA/EA DICE
6 Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy Activision/Vicarious Visions
7 Destiny 2 Activision/Bungie
8 Gran Turismo Sport Sony/Polyphony
9 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands Ubisoft/Ubisoft France
10 Horizon Zero Dawn Sony/Guerrilla Games

Thought Forza might have crept in, it's virtually an ever present in the charts.
It's Forza Horizons 3 second year.
450k is a huge number. But the game is probably not much behind the top 10.

Suw4rbox

Alt-Account.
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Woohoo, so happy to see Crash, Horizon and GTS doing absolutely fasntastic numbers.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at those numbers I can't help being just a bit disappointed that Crash didn't get bundled a little at Christmas to boost it up to 4th place, then we could be talking about how in the year 2017 Crash Bandicoot is still a powerhouse IP that outsells extremely high budget juggernaut AAA titles like AC, Destiny and Star Wars.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Top 10 Games (Packaged and Digital Sales)*

01. FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 2,696,721
02. CALL OF DUTY: WWII (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 2,442,416
03. GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 1,080,022
04. ASSASSIN'S CREED ORIGINS (UBISOFT) - 679,965
05. DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 673,551
06. STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 658,814
07. CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 651,354

08. TOM CLANCY'S GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS (UBISOFT) - 574,889
09. GRAN TURISMO: SPORT (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 484,833
10. HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 456,374

Well done Playstation Nation.

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah Horizon!!

GOTY and a game I will remember for the rest of my life. Horizon 2 is gonna be higher than 10, I know it.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Retail was already "dubiously close" between Fifa and COD.

People don't realize how many units COD WW2 has been moving

I have read some stuff that suggests it already outsold IW LTD. That said, FIFA is always strong in the UK and also because of its release date was cheaper during the various holiday sales. If these numbers are accurate than COD has completely closed the gap and the only difference being release date.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Speculation on my part but Fifa 18 Xbox sku in the UK outsold Fifa 18 Switch worldwide sells like hypothesis a few weeks ago.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy and unwarranted shade being thrown at this generations's best racing simulator.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Horizon selling that much in the UK is impressive, especially considering it's a new IP.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
1 FIFA 18 EA/EA Canada

Thanks for that. For some reason I thought D2 was ahead.

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Speculation on my part but Fifa 18 Xbox sku in the UK outsold Fifa 18 Switch worldwide sells like hypothesis a few weeks ago.

Dude. The sales for the Xbox One version of FIFA probably sold more in the UK than the Nintendo Switch version of FIFA sold worldwide.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it was discounted dramatically pretty quick and packed in with happy meals but I am surprised GT did so well.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any idea how GT has performed ww? Good numbers but it was discounted quite early in the UK so it's hard to judge.

Should be around 4 million+ at this moment going by the GTS website API. I'm guessing there will be a 5 million announcement soon.
GTS may have been discounted but still made more money that games that sold well without discounts.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
Good to see GTS doing great despite haters insisting it was a bomba.

I bet it could sell 10M and some people would still find a narrative where it is a flop.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In regards to GT Sport.....I think the UK market is one of the only markets you can consider it doing "well".

Certainly not in NA

I mean I'd say GT Sport performance was middling. Nothing impressive, even if it is a top 10 game.

Yep we posted at the exact same time lol

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Crash's numbers are encouraging. What a success. Publishers should take note and start doing remakes of their biggest PS1 and PS2 era hits, especially for dormant franchises like Crash. They can revive them that way and make new entries if they are successful. If Microsoft isn't looking into bringing back Banjo Kazooie and maybe Battletoads, they're missing out.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean I'd say GT Sport performance was middling. Nothing impressive, even if it is a top 10 game.

Yeah, compared to the numbers it used to pull as a franchise and what it's selling now weekly, especially with all the talk about how humongous it still is over here... I was expecting better really.

But I dunno about stepping onto this minefield, seems to be the centrepiece of that passive aggressiveness I mentioned earlier.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
1 FIFA 18 EA/EA Canada

Just an fyi, it may be just me but second half of what you wrote appears black which is difficult to read when using dark era.

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
3 ps4 exclusives in the top 10. Wow very nice.

As far as GT Sport, it still sold very well even with franchise Fatigue.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Assassin's Creed ahead of Destiny 2 is quite surprising but well deserved. I'm not that shocked that Crash did so well as anecdotally I knew loads of people excited for it. Nice to see Horizon in the top 10 too, my GOTY.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just an fyi, it may be just me but second half of what you wrote appears black which is difficult to read when using dark era.
They still didn't fix that?
Yeah if you copy / paste some color coding gets automatically implemented.

This is a real problem if you use copy / paste on different themes.

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, compared to the numbers it used to pull as a franchise and what it's selling now weekly, especially with all the talk about how humongous it still is over here... I was expecting better really.

But I dunno about stepping onto this minefield, seems to be the centrepiece of that passive aggressiveness I mentioned earlier.

It's like when I tried to say something about FIFA Switch sales.

No matter what I say, someone will get annoyed because it's a personal attack on their favorite game/console.

Oct 25, 2017
Crash's performance is crazy. It almost hit number 4.

Horizon also did great and GTS is showing how you're supposed to bomb.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
We should rename this country FiFa-Cod-land. Has a nice ring to it and will re-emphasise our post brexit stance.

Ryng™

Nov 2, 2017
Italy
Amazing to see digital sales finally added.

Assassin's Creed Origins over Destiny 2, whao! That's huge, let's go Ubisoft. :D