• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Sony's Days Gone comfortably beat Mortal Kombat 11 in the UK boxed games charts.

Its launch week physical sales are 27% lower than last year's PS4 exclusive action adventure God of War. It is actually a decent performance when you consider this is a new IP - and the review scores for this new game have not been as impressive as last year's multi-award winning effort.

Mortal Kombat 11 had to settle for No.2 as a result. The game's debut performance is 43.6% smaller than 2015's Mortal Kombat X (note: digital sales are not included, and download sales have improved significantly over the last four years). However, sales are slightly up over 2017's Injustice 2, which is another beat 'em up developed by NetherRealm featuring DC characters.

Mortal Kombat 11 sold best on PS4, with 71% of sales coming on Sony's platform.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...s-gone-defeats-mortal-kombat-11-to-claim-no-1

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Happy for Bend studio. I hope the game will have legs.
I'm ready for Days gone 2 on PS5

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Good - I've been having a great time with it so far. Nothing at the level of Bloodborne or God of War as the reviews indicate but a fun time with some tense moments and neat ideas nonetheless.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Zombie fatigue.
wm6P28.gif

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing MK will be the bigger title in the US. UK ostensibly being Sony country made the title's success there fairly expected.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
It's a good game. Glad to know it's doing well irrespective of the hyperbolic negativity

Oct 27, 2017
I'd bet US is the only market where MK11 will beat Days Gone launch. Congrats Bend for that beautiful game, I'm completely addicted.

And Sekiro still hanging in the top 10.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually hearing good things about Days Gone and that it feels similar to Uncharted 1 where sequel could be a break out game.

Oct 27, 2017
So it did around 65k, not counting digital. If we take into account the digital ratio of 37% that would make it around 100k sales in just two days. Thats pretty big for an established franchise, let alone a new IP. Congrats Bend!

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play of Days Gone the more impressed I am. It settles into a nice groove and spins a lengthy open world tale.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear! Days Gone is pretty damn good and I am definitely enjoying it. Congrats Bend and Sony, especially for a new IP!

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Wow, congrats to bend! Regardless of reviews, I'm glad this is finding an audience. It's always nice to new a new IP do well, as it supports creativity. I'll grab this eventually.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Congrats to Sony and Bend I guess.

MK11 suffered from what I call the "Just Cause effect". It's predacessor has been put on the sale so much, and also put on game pass and psnow, and also repacked into the XL edition with all the DLC, that some people just decided to wait.

And it still sold quite well itself as wel just not as well as MKX.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Game is a lot of fun. It's not perfect by any means but the world they've created is excellent. I hope they continue to clean it up with patches and the game has legs.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

MK11 suffered from what I call the "Just Cause effect". It's predacessor has been put on the sale so much, and also put on game pass and psnow, and also repacked into the XL edition with all the DLC, that some people just decided to wait.

MK is fine.

MK11 sold better than IJ2 and IJ2 ended up being the highest grossing Q2 2017 game, we also know that MK11 has the biggest launch of the series.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
Good start for Days Gone, but it's been one week, so I'm a bit confused by the sudden ccngratulations.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty good start for DG, will have to see how it holds up in the coming weeks but provided fan reception is positive it could have a decent tail and within reason make probably 4-5 million by the end of the year. I'm seeing this as a good foundation for Bend Studio, take the lessons learned while making this and build on it on whatever ways they see fit in a sequel or a new IP.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it's doing well so far. I wonder how many sales Sony wants out of this game. I hope it meets their expectations.

Oct 27, 2017
Sony games launch week in the UK, physical only of course. Horizon Zero Dawn remains the best new IP launch, although 2 years later Days Gone has without a doubt a bigger digital share.

Uncharted 4 - 192k (TUE)
Spider-Man - 190k (FRI)
Horizon Zero Dawn - 114k (WED)
God of War - 96k (FRI)
Uncharted The Lost Legacy - 80k (WED)
GT Sport - 74k (WED)
Days Gone - 70k (FRI)
inFamous Second Son - 70k (FRI)
Bloodborne - 43k (WED)
The Order 1886 - 39k (FRI)
Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection - 39k (WED)
Ratchet & Clank - 38k (FRI)
Detroit Become Human - 22k (FRI)

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017

X has Mileena while XI doesn't, it's the only explanation needed for it's weaker launch

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019

It had the biggest launch overall though, just not in the UK.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well looks like the talk about pre-orders being strong were true, congrats to Bend, well deserved.

I'm really enjoying it so far and I feel like the reviews were overly harsh.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Best launch of the year ahead RE2 Remake ?

Great for Bend, glad for them