• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Knew this would sell well, everybody loves zombies. Congrats to Bend

Not sure what the legs will be like on this game in part due to the review scores but I'll probably pick up later in the year when they're running sales (hopefully the bugs and performance issues are patched out by then)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
200k means bigger than Spider-Man, you guys need to chill a little, I'm not even sure if any exclusive ever had such a launch.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It beat Spider-Man, though. I don't know why we're using it as a bar when Uncharted 4 is the biggest UK physical debut for a Sony first-party game.

Anyways, TLOU2 will probably land in that ballpark. I don't know if it'll beat Spidey/UC4 outright but it should get close.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
bu but according to era the "uninspired, dull, zombie game with boring white male protagonist" can't possibly sell well...I am shocked and amazed.

Seriously though good shit for Bend this will definitely be their AC situation where a flawed but good first entry that sells well gets a astronomically better sequel that alleviates the previous games problems. They'll do amazing things with PS5 hardware i'm sure.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
The original was a fresh new IP. The sequel is a very highly anticipated sequel to arguably the game of the previous generation so the game should sell gangbusters.
No doubt about that.
What i mean is that people should try to be careful with their expectations.
I remember something like that happend with GoW and people said it's gonna do +200K and then when it did 96K They began to say that it was underperformed which is not true.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I know everyone thinks because it got a 70-something score it wasn't going to do good but does the general public really care about scores? Is there any data that would show how many people actually read reviews and scores to decide on what games they buy?

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Hope it does well, seems it's flawed but has some heart underneath the hood. I'll pick it up after some patches and updates.

Based on reviews they need to hire some better writers and get creative with the gameplay loops.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe two years ago. More than a year ago I came around. Figured it would get poor reviews, but still sell well. I was right

You thought there was no way it'd outsell RE2 though. So it doing as well as it has must still be surprising to you...

Braaier said:
That... That would shock me. I expect days gone to do okay but there isn't a ton of hype for the game. Re2 has a ton of hype. No way do I see days gone selling more. No way

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually hilarious.

Why even bother spouting bullshit like "they need to sell 3-4 million to break even" when you don't know shit and are just making a whole bunch of assumptions?

Just stop dude, you have no idea how much Sony spent making and promoting this game, no one does besides them.

He already got banned shitting up the review thread. Obviously can't control his hate boner.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I never doubted Days Gone would be a hit,about Part 2,yeah will break all Sony records,book it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
TLoU part 2 will be insane for an exclusive. 75% of the reason everyone I know got a PS4 is because of TLoU 1. I ain't missin' that shit again.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Last of Us 2 is going to be nuclear. I'm usually all about keeping expectations in line but I don't see any reason for that game not to smash every single record for Sony WWS.