• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Marketing is fine. I think the real issue here is they launched this game alongside Call of Duty and Luigis Mansion. There's only so much money to go around

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand the UK's fascination with Day's Gone. It seems like such a forgettable game. Props to Death Stranding though. I'll be interested to see 1st month sales totals.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That seems okay for DS, and it doesn't have digital sales naturally. I doubt Sonys expectations are too crazy and it's a weird game to market and isn't for everyone, compared to Days Gone which is more widely appealing with the zombie theme.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely not bad for DS but I can't imagine people were expecting Days Gone to be the bigger of the two.

Also Mario & Sonic only at no.8 but that's apparently the best since the London games on Wii?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I wish we would get official numbers for Days Gone, it really seems like it did great. Considering how weird DS is I think that's good but we gotta wait for world wide perspective.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to the team! And what an impressive year for PS4! 2 successful AAA new IPs in 2019!

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not really anything great for DS but it's just a small part of a larger picture. How well it sold digitally as well as how well it sells over the coming months will be more important.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Kojima and his team, hopefully sales are strong enough to make it an outright success.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
VERY surprised at this. I expected it to flop. I don't like the look of the thing AT ALL, but I love Kojima, I've loved MGS and I'm glad he can flip the bird to Konami. I wish fans of DS well, and I hope that the success of DS means Kojima's next game is for me. :)

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, that's not as good as I expected. I mean, yeah it's still good but maybe Kojima's pedigree doesn't have the same pull as I expected if it did less than Days Gone.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Was anyone really expecting Death Stranding to sell less during it's first week than Luigi's Mansion 3 did in the UK?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit @ Days Gone being the bigger launch by a considerable margin, and at a much slower time of year no less. I expected DS to be very much front loaded with the Kojima fans early adopting.

I'm sure Sony will be pretty damn happy having the two biggest new IP launches of the year either way.
Yup, said this earlier but I can't see Sony being happy with this. And these are the opening sales, let see what happens in the weeks to come, if it falls into oblivion the wow, I'm not sure.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Is this very much a case of no one outside of the game sphere really knowing or caring who Kojima is and a motorbike game with zombies is an easier sell than weird post man game?

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Damn I was expecting this to land at about 50k physical, should have predicted that in the other thread... Anyway, this is a good launch but not great. Let's see how legs will be, going into the holiday period.