• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
AC Valhalla : about 144k
42% PS4
18% PS5
40% One / Series X-S
launch sales more than double that of its predecessor

Previous entries :
  • 97.5k - AC Origins
  • 72k - AC Odyssey

Black Ops CW : about 130k
-64% vs Modern Warfare (361.4k)
Digital probably offset the decline of physical
In fact, a statement from Activision Blizzard's EMEAA MD Anna Malmhake said that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War "set a new record as the highest first day digital sales worldwide in franchise history". We will see how the game performed digitally in the UK later in the week, but expect good numbers.
We'll know the full picture of the game's performance once the digital sales are in, but it's also worth noting the impact of Call of Duty: Warzone -- the hugely successful free-to-play game released in March this year.

Previous entries :
  • 730k - Advanced Warfare
  • 635k - Black Ops 3
  • 328k - Infinite Warfare
  • 515k - World War 2
  • 260k - Black Ops 4
  • 361.4k - Modern Warfare
  • 130k - Black Ops CW

Miles Morales : about 83.6k
-56% vs Spider-Man (190k)
71% PS5
29% PS4
We'll get a better picture of its debut performance once the PS5 actually launches in the UK next week.

Other Sony AAA exclusives :
  • 194k - FRI - TLOU Part II
  • 192k - TUE - Uncharted 4
  • 190k - FRI - Spider-Man
  • 114k - WED - Horizon Zero Dawn
  • 96k - FRI - God of War
  • 80k - WED - Uncharted TLL
  • 75k - FRI - Ghost of Tsushima
  • 74k - WED - GT Sport
  • 70k - FRI - Days Gone

Others infos :
  • Demon's Souls #6
  • Sackboy #13 (89% PS5 / 11% PS4)
  • Godfall #16
  • Just Dance #11 (+133% vs JD2020, 89% Switch)
  • Yakuza #20 (65% PS4 / 35% Xbox)
  • NBA 2K21 #31 (+185% week on week, 63% PS5 / 14% Xbox Series)
  • FIFA 21 #4 (-24% week on week)
  • AC NH #5 (-7% week on week)
  • Super Mario 3D All Stars #7 (+40# week on week)
  • Watch Dogs Legion #10 (-36% week on week, 57% Xbox)

ISDfNyn_d.jpg

www.gamesindustry.biz

Assassin's Creed Valhalla beats Call of Duty in race for No.1 | UK Boxed Charts

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the best-selling UK boxed game in one of the biggest release weeks in video games history.…

Last edited:

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Anyone else get excited by the thread title and stop to remember the PS5 hasnt been released yet? :(

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Interesting to see such a big split in favour of the PS5 for Miles. Depending on when Horizon 2 comes out, the PS4 share for that game may be less than 5% on PS4

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious to me that the PS5 versions are doing numbers.

I think online stores shipped/sold them last week.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I'm actually most surprised by is the low % of PS4 copies for those cross gen games.

Why they are counting xbox one and series together?

For most games they are the same SKU. There's no separate Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of Assassin's Creed.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
Just Dance #11 (+133% vs JD2020, 89% Switch)

Wait what, isn't this a typo? You mean it released to:
  • Playstation 4
  • Playstation 5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • Nintendo Switch
Yet 89% of the sales happened on Nintendo Switch?
If this isn't just a typo that is insane, especially on the UK market, where Nintendo is far less popular.
At this point they could just release it as a Switch exclusive with some added Nintendo songs for guaranteed record sales.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If Sony's cross-gen games already have such a heavy split in favor of the PS5 this soon, just imagine what the split will look like by the game a game like Horizon comes out.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Yakuza was expected tbh. Really bad timing for its release and I dunno why Sega did it.

January looks way more healthy for a game like it.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
  • Playstation 4
  • Playstation 5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • Nintendo Switch
If this isn't just a typo that is insane, especially on the UK market, where Nintendo is far less popular.
At this point they could just release it as a Switch exclusive with some added Nintendo songs for guaranteed record sales.

Until this week (because of new console launches) Nintendo has been pretty much dominating everywhere. I don't think the "Nintendo is far less popular in the UK" thinking works anymore IMO.

It had a few day head start.

It's still impressive and absolutly not easy to do against CoD.

Jul 1, 2020
7 new games were released this past week and three of them are major blockbusters. Minor titles and Godfall never had a chance on top of having to deal with FIFA and Animal Crossing.
I honestly expected Sackboy and Godfall to flop but seeing Yakuza below both of them is insane to me, I thought it would have done far better than them.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
  • Playstation 4
  • Playstation 5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • Nintendo Switch
Just Dance is basically a Nintendo franchise.

digi_era

Jul 21, 2020
Until this week (because of new console launches) Nintendo has been pretty much dominating everywhere. I don't think the "Nintendo is far less popular in the UK" thinking works anymore IMO.

It's still impressive and absolutly not easy to do against CoD.

You mean Nintendo is at the same level of popularity in the UK than for example in the US or in Japan, so the other big console markets? I doubt it honestly. And even in that case getting 89% of the sales is still unbelievable. I assume it is a typo.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The thing I'm actually most surprised by is the low % of PS4 copies for those cross gen games.

For most games they are the same SKU. There's no separate Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S versions of Assassin's Creed.

Same thing happened last gen too. The people that buy day one at full price are the first to move on.

You mean Nintendo is at the same level of popularity in the UK than for example in the US or in Japan, so the other big console markets? I doubt it honestly. And even in that case getting 89% of the sales is still unbelievable. I assume it is a typo.

Maybe you should look at historical splits of Just dance. It's always basically been a Nintendo franchise as far as sales. There was a brief time when X360 had a decent share of JD sales but those days are long gone.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018
Yakuza fanbase is on PlayStation and this whole deal with Microsoft has anyone but diehard fans like... Aight bet see you next year for 20 bucks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most PS4 user would buy digitally imo so without digital sales , I don't think the split shows everything

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
Do we have a way of tracking digital sales, considering both consoles have a digital version these physical lists are somewhat lacking in determining an accurate picture as to what's going on.