• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What was that goal they wanted to hit for Switch consoles? 15 million? I think Smash will make it hit that or get damn close.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
Damn, this will be 10m+ seller in less than one month (talking about shipped numbers).

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Insanity. People really are hype for Persona 5's Joker huh? ;) I know I'm buying the game for that reason alone.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Deserved. It's addictive and so incredibly well made.

Also, best looking Switch game undocked, amiright?

neroxyr

Nov 14, 2018
IMG-20181209-WA0068.jpg

This is huge!!! US numbers has to be counted by now

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
This is why it's hilarious when people post about this being the last Smash. It's way too huge of a franchise.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Curious, how did Smash become Nintendo's bestselling single title game? It's rather crazy.

I'm a fan of the series so I'm too connected to it see how well it has been embraced by such a broad group of gamers.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Curious, how did Smash become Nintendo's bestselling single title game? It's rather crazy.

I'm a fan of the series so I'm too connected to it see how well it has been embraced by such a broad group of gamers.

Same reason Avengers are the biggest Marvel movies. It's the crossover, so you're just adding all of the fans into one thing.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017

What do you mean by best selling single title game? It's behind a lot of other games still.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brawl released very late in the UK, and people like me bought a hack disc to make our Wii region-free and import US Brawl.
So that could have impacted the Brawl sales.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice debut. I predicted 145K in the PAL thread so not too far off. Now we just two more threads about this.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Brawl released very late in the UK, and people like me bought a hack disc to make our Wii region-free and import US Brawl.
So that could have impacted the Brawl sales.

That was only the minority of people because most don't wanna go through the hassle of importing games. Also if we start arguing like that then we could mention that the Smash Ultimate rom has been dumped weeks ago and has been pirated several times already. But I won't do that because it's only a fraction of people which is not impacting sales numbers significantly.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Brawl did 13.29m so I figure 20m is good growth. 25m is possible though considering this game will outsell Odyssey and I think that crosses 20m when all is said and done.

More thanthe sales number, this game will generate so much revenue for Nintendo because of DLC. Not to mention it's probably the main incentive to the Online Subscription.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That was only the minority of people because most don't wanna go through the hassle of importing games. Also if we start arguing like that then we could mention that the Smash Ultimate rom has been dumped weeks ago and has been pirated several times already. But I won't do that because it's only a fraction of people which is not impacting sales numbers significantly.
Also the Wii didn't have an online game store for retail titles as well. It makes this more impressive.

NicknameMy

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Far more interesting is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe jumping to 5. Tells us a lot of consoles were moved as well.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
As expected, it's a monster. Though I wonder how Brawl would compare if it hadn't released later in Europe. I still have my NTSC copy around.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Support the game more then they wanted, add more than the 5 DLC characters, grow the roster, refine the online experience and add more spirits. Make this game a service.