• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Biggest launch this year in UK (physical)
Biggest launch for Sony (physical)

TLOU Part II (FRI) estimates : 194-195k units

Some numbers for Sony first party titles (physical only) :
  1. Uncharted 4 (TUE) : 192k
  2. Spider-Man (FRI) : 190k
  3. Uncharted 3 (TUE) : 116k
  4. Horizon Zero Dawn (WED) : 114k
  5. The Last of Us (FRI) : 110k
  6. God of War (FRI) : 96k
  7. Heavy Rain (WED) : 86k
  8. Uncharted 2 (FRI) : 84k

I add some multiplatforms third-party titles launch for you to know how it compares to some other games :
  • The Division : 277k
  • Destiny 2 : 175k
  • RE2 Remake : 70k
  • MH World : 55k
  • The Division 2 : 55k
  • Anthem : 45k
  • MK11 : 40k

EDIT : New information
The action horror game is Sony's fastest-selling PS4 release this generation, narrowly beating the opening week of 2016's Uncharted 4 by just over 1%. Download sales are not included in this data, so when we factor in digital sales, it's possible the game's launch was even bigger.

The Last of Us Part 2 is comfortably bigger than its PS3 predecessor, with launch sales 76% higher (although it's worth noting that PlayStation 4 is a more popular console than PlayStation 3).

www.gamesindustry.biz

The Last of Us Part 2 smashes sales records | UK Charts

The Last of Us Part 2 has shot to the top of the UK boxed charts in significant fashion.The action horror game is Sony'…

Last edited:

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Keep in mind that digital sales weren't included in this comparison.

The timing of Animal Crossing's release meant that the digital sales were likely far larger than normal.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
This is just physical. The digital must be way higher than the first one too.
Keep in mind that Animal Crossing digital sales weren't included in this comparison.
Doesn't the same apply to tlou2 too? Or is digital included in the tlou2 figure?
Is Spidey first 3 day record dead (Worldwide)?
Early to say, but I feel like it won't. Spidey was tracking bigger in the US a couple of weeks before release.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Game will probably have a bigger digital split then Spidey and U4 as well.

TLOU is a monster in Europe.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that's a strong opening right there. Doesn't give us a definitive number on how much larger it was than U4, possibly not much by the wording. We'll hopefully find out soon enough regardless.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
B-but get woke go broke right guys? Right???

Fantastic results for Naughty Dog and Sony. I haven't managed to play it but it seems deserved

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Benji tell us the social media metrics weren't flattering? Maybe he has some insight into North American sales?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome....congrats to Sony and Naughty Dog. Haven't played it yet but from what I'm seeing this is well deserved.