• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
And yet Donald "Grab them by the pussy" Trump gets to continue to lead the most powerful nation in the world.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see what else comes out regarding this.

Really don't think it could be the knee incident alone.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I love the fucking ridiculous nature of this:

MP quits due to his actions
"my actions MAY have fallen short"

Well of course they did, that's why your quitting. Just admit that your actions were wrong, not just quit and say you may have not be good enough!

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
qfjpbuT.gif

Oct 31, 2017
And this is what finally got rid of Fallon. He has been an awful minister, a terrible example of Tory incompetence. It seems somehow an easy exit given his history - he helped to fuck a nation.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
And this is what finally got rid of Fallon. He has been an awful minister, a terrible example of Tory incompetence. It seems somehow an easy exit given his history - he helped to fuck a nation.

Touching a journalist's knee several years ago (that the person who is involved is not considering a big issue) is not something to resign from a cabinet post over.

There is clearly more to this - as has been rumored in the UK PolitERA thread.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Basically told to fall on his sword now or be fired before more comes out.

But friends of Fallon suggested there may have been similar such incidents more recently, saying, "he would absolutely concede that some of the flirtation has been inappropriate".

Probably another young researcher having to hear these pervs disgusting suggestions.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping there is more to come out about this. If he is guilty over an actual assault, stepping down shouldn't mean he gets to fade out of the spotlight.

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fallon was terrible in his role. He just stayed loyal and spent all his political capital to support his Party. His lack of personal ambition should maybe have suggested some warning signs.

OP
OP
Roberto Larcos
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who gets bumped up because of this? Or whether May waits on a reshuffle in case more dirt on more MPs is made public...

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Should've been forcibly removed instead of being given the chance to resign.

OP
OP
Roberto Larcos
Oct 25, 2017
Ha ha I'm half joking, I wish they'd just have an orderly exchange of scandals rather than this chaotic orgy of resignations. We need a torypocalypse mega thread.

Compared to the general pace of discussions in the old place, this is actually refreshing. It's just a shame that this came out now - Fallon could've been a great Halloween costume for some.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the suggestions that the knee touching thing was only pushed so hard from The Sun in order to help out more serious allegations seems to have been on the money.

Oct 25, 2017
Wow those sure are some biting questions from Kuenssberg, I don't mean to fulfil the stereotype of people on the left giving her a hard time for her approach but maybe try and be a bit more... you know... competent in your questioning of a newly resigned cabinet minister.

I've had GP appointments that have been less cordial.

I've just watched it again and it looked like a fucking rehearsal.

OP
OP
Roberto Larcos
Oct 25, 2017
From Robert Peston on Facebook:

"Michael Fallon has resigned as defence secretary because he was aware that his behaviour with women over many years would be regarded as inappropriate if disclosed. According to one of his friends, he found the stress of waiting for someone to make a complaint debilitating. And therefore - after a conversation with the prime minister this afternoon - he has quit. He has said he wants to hold himself to the standards expected of the armed forces - for whom he is responsible. But several women Tory MPs say he fell short of the conduct they expect of all men. In going expeditiously he has both helped and harmed the prime minister. Those same women MPs admire her "decisive action". But she dare not do more tomorrow then replace him rather than start the more ambitious reshuffle her party wants and expects - because she does not yet know which others of her ministers and MPs will be fatally tainted by allegations of abusive or harassing behaviour."

I wouldn't be opposed to Tom Tugendhat getting the nod, honestly.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
He has said he wants to hold himself to the standards expected of the armed forces - for whom he is responsible. But several women Tory MPs say he fell short of the conduct they expect of all men.

Those same women MPs admire her "decisive action".

They admire his decisive action in attempting to protect his reputation and trying to stop more allegations/accusations from coming out?

Huh?

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Jacob Rees Mogg?

We'll be deploying troops overseas in red jackets and kilts. Flogging to go back on the books as a punishment.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I'd take a very close look at whoever is drafted in to cabinet due to the resignation. Cleverly and Tugendhat are two names I think were suggested as possible surprise runners at the next Tory leadership contest.

I think Cleverly might be the pick. He's a Brexiteer and close to Bojo.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
The plus side about Jacob Rees Mogg is that he might not be aware that we've progressed beyond muskets.

Oct 25, 2017
A May loyalist. That's another kick to her personal authority.

Although if I were May, I'd rather go down by a good old-fashioned Westminster sex sleaze than by Brexit going completely balls up.