• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Well I guess we're seeing this as 'what did the whips know', which makes this a stupid appointment, I guess the public angle right now is 'individual acts of people being sex pests', not that the govt knew and chose to keep those people so it looks fine?

If that changes, that'll make this appointment a bit more iffy.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's just amazing that a day after they had a pmqs about the sex offences and the tory whip keeping them secret to blackmail party members into toeing the party line that they would replace one of the offenders with the chief whip!!

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
'It would be shame if more lists got out wouldn't it?'
'Yes. Coincidentally, would you like a Cabinet position?'

Last edited:

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But surely "What the whips knew" is huge part of the story! I brought this up in the other thread but wasn't *the list* a whips office list? It doesn't make sense that it was the list kept by the westminster untermench for their own protection, given some of the stuff that was on it (affairs between colleagues, x MP is gay, kink shaming etc). If it is the whips' own list, then surely Gavin here knew about it and if he knew about it, then surely he's complicit.

I really hope he did know about it and it comes out quickly because it's going to make May look even more inept than she usually does.

'It would be shame of more lists got out wouldn't it?'
'Yes. Coincidentally, would you like a Cabinet position?'

omg

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
It's an interesting move if not a little risky moving the whips around in the current situation.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Um, yeah...what qualifications/experience does this guy have to be defence secretary?

I can't see how you advance from whip to D.S.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
May has for a while but especially recently really started feeling like a wannabe Trump.

I mean is she gonna be getting family members to negotiate peace in the middle east next?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember even Liam Fox came back and he shouldn't be allowed near a government job.

I wonder if Fallon is just getting out easy before more comes out or really doesn't want the job.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not easy to get birth dates before the sixties but he's probably the youngest Defence Sec, ever! (taking Portillo's record by a year)

rancey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Curious to see what else comes out regarding this.

Really don't think it could be the knee incident alone.

Yeah that really didn't seem like much, didn't the woman involved say it was nothing too bad, also?

Maybe there is more. Or maybe they're just really desperate to look like they're doing something about this.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that really didn't seem like much, didn't the woman involved say it was nothing too bad, also?

Maybe there is more. Or maybe they're just really desperate to look like they're doing something about this.
Word is that another two people came forward, so the knee-touching thing must have been trying to smoke out those other stories.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I saw claims that May asked Fallon if this would be the end of the claims against him and he said he couldn't promise that.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Um, yeah...what qualifications/experience does this guy have to be defence secretary?

I can't see how you advance from whip to D.S.

Like any politician is qualified. Once is a blue moon perhaps but a shuffle is just cover for you are clueless, let some other unqualified idiot try and the other idiot can try your job you just left.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing! This appointment is a bigger fuck up than the issue that got rid of the previous incumbent!

Rob_

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Robert Peston(@Peston)

An MP formerly loyal to May: "she had a golden opportunity to do the right thing and appoint the right people to the right jobs. She's just blown it and exposed herself as weaker than any of us thought. She's being controlled by young men in suits. I now despair".

Oaft, this is lovely to watch.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There isn't much love for this new appointment. Is May just annoying everyone for the lols.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He isn't a fan of Boris apparently which is maybe why many are going crazy, the leadership contender.

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The UK is by no means perfect, but at least when scandals come out, there is an unwritten rule that people resign.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Theresa May Is the gift that keeps on giving, I'm sure she just wants a traditional Tory knifing so she can go with her head held highish.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK