• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Basically I'm fucking sick of BT costing me an arm and a leg when I can now get 500mbps up and down and free phone for 38 quid a month, does anyone have this and what do you think? BT costing me nearly 60 quid for 40mbps and phone, it's an absolute piss take!

McPaul

Banned
May 6, 2019
£38 for 500 mbps?What a rip off.I pay 20 Euros for 1 GB internet, phone and cable included.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
First I've heard of it to be honest, although doesn't look as if it's rolled out in Bristol for me yet :(

Will be keeping an eye on responses though, I definitely want an alternative to BT (although I'm paying £1.99 a month right now after I said I was leaving, so it's super-cheap til end of 2020 for me)

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017
If you're lucky enough to live in FTTP part of the city, go for it - £38 for a symmetric half gigabit line is great.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
£60 quid for 40mb is a rip off where about's do you live? some rural areas can get shafted with the price. Every year i just say i'm gonna cancel and always get much cheaper price.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd reccomend against Vodafone based on my experience which admittedly may not be typical.

1. They rang me at least once per month trying to sell me extra products
2. There were frequent billing problems which I had to ring and sort out
3. Customer service is slow to pickup and slow to understand and rectify problems. Often even when they've understood they pretend they were in the right and thus refuse to do anything.
4. When I tried to cancel they outright lied about being cheapest for mobile data.
5. They wouldn't let me cancel until my contract had ran out but when it had they said I should have canceled yesterday and that I'd have to pay another month.

This was a mobile contract though.

Oct 31, 2017
I was on their FTTC until earlier this year and the throttling was unbelievable, sometimes I'd nearly be getting ADSL speeds it was so bad.

KdotIX

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
I can't answer your question OP, but I would stay away from Voda because when I had a mobile contract with them they were abysmal, so it's most likely they will try to shaft you if you take out broadband with them.

Also I wish Openreach sorted their shit out, its 20-fucking-19 and I'm still on ADSL, no fibre rollout here. Apparently FTTP is "coming soon" but its been saying that for almost a year now.