• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Surprising nobody.

PlayStation is absolutely dominant in the UK and stock has been plentiful for weeks now.

Gold!e

Jun 7, 2018
Britain
If the stock has increased so much what was the reason for the price increase?

I thought it was a supply/demand equilibrium thing?

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
If the stock has increased so much what was the reason for the price increase?

I thought it was a supply/demand equilibrium thing?
They know they'll sell regardless and the billions that they make in profits currently isn't at the margin they'd like given the increased production costs.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Idk if it should be called surprising, but the stark difference between the severe stock shortage they had suffered in the first 4 or 5 months of the year (even more so than the competition) to now is massive. Plus they have a new revision now which is probably made to be produced more efficiently ahead of the holidays and Ragnarok. Should be a strong holiday quarter incoming.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
its-happening.gif

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
It's just been me putting my personal collection on the used market. I no longer have need for so many PS5s.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Seems it was the same in the US.

View: https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1568013543643160576?s=20&t=Dz_c-DyOqP8ng0RremzpuA

Japan also is getting more constant ~20k weekly drops. At least for bigger markets, it seems good, there's the need to supply better mid-size ones, Spain for example.

I wonder if stock in the US has improved to the point that they take the September NPD month not just revenue wise but unit wise too. Will be interesting to see!

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm still yet to see one in the wild that is readily available to purchase. Even Amazon is invite only. Crazy how popular the brand is over here.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
And I still can't buy one. Is the entire stock being sniped by one guy who proceeds to toss it in the ocean?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
They certainly seem intent on hitting that 18 million figure this FY. I don't think they'll be slowing down at all. If anything they'll probably keep ramping up for the rest of this FY and go even higher next FY to exceed the PS4 sales curve as per their stated intentions. Meaning they'll have to ship over 23 million PS5s next FY. Can anyone confirm, would that be a new sales record for Sony in a single FY compared to all their past consoles?

EPLirish

Jan 20, 2022
They certainly seem intent on hitting that 18 million figure this FY. I don't think they'll be slowing down at all. If anything they'll probably keep ramping up for the rest of this FY and go even higher next FY to exceed the PS4 sales curve as per their stated intentions. Meaning they'll have to ship over 23 million PS5s next FY. Can anyone confirm, would that be a new sales record for Sony in a single FY compared to all their past consoles?

I think they sold 24m of PS4 in a year before?

Jack7gamer

Banned
Jul 29, 2022

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Ps5 is a beast (confirmed again).

I wonder whether this improved stock will solidify the end of cross gen from next year on the whole..

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still yet to see one in the wild that is readily available to purchase. Even Amazon is invite only. Crazy how popular the brand is over here.

They're in stock now at Currys and Argos (Argos is a dumb bundle)

Pretty regularly available at Smyths too, although not at the moment. Amazon have been doing their invite only thing forever, look elsewhere.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
What an unexpected comeback for the underdogs. 😉 Personally, I'm just happy we're getting closer to a point where scalpers will have to dump their inventories.

Patrese86

Jun 6, 2021
Whatever they make it will sell out as demand is still high, got lots of stock alerts last month for PS5. For reference you can buy a series x right now on Amazon UK for delivery tomorrow, also in stock on Shopto and Argos. Stock doesn't seem to be selling as fast for that console.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I was lucky to get one at launch, this is good news for everyone still waiting.