• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh for sure, 100%. Australians are notorious for it. We're a country of lazy, entitled shits who whine and complain in fear the moment the slightest breeze of change is felt. So much of the country is happy with a "I've got mine" attitude that is perpetuated by economic and social imbalance, and the moment a party attempts to disrupt the norm they're seen as a problem. It's absolute piss and it's pissrot down to the roots.

I honestly fear for the whole of Europe, not only UK. The far right party became the 3rd biggest party in our country and it feels is going to be worst. Nationalism and neoliberalism are poison for the whole world.

Oct 26, 2017
You're not remembering well.

Hell remember "Bigoted Woman".

He took so much stick over someone who was...frankly bigoted it wasn't even funny.

He was bodied in the media. By the end he was barely featured in local campaigning he was seen as that much of a liability.

Still didn't do this badly.

lmao, no. You are not apparently. That fucking thing was not a spot on Corbyn's coverage in the media for the last few years. gtfo.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
he's the only one currently projected to beat trump
the top four Democrats right now are all beating Trump in the H2H polls, pretty solidly.

it's a lot more complicated than this, and I get I'm an American in a British election thread, but like, this is just completely incorrect when looking at the data.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely don't think this has got anything to do with Corbyn being unelectable or people being stupid (well just a little maybe). It's the vitriol, feverish lies, and fabrications being elbowed down everyone's throats. A country run by billionaires who have a great deal of influence of what's being talked about and on which terms. Just look at how the anti-semitism narrative spun out of control. Labour may well have an slightly higher issue with that among its members, but it's magnified to such demonic proportions that Corbyn of all people is painted as an anti-Jew caricature. Winning campaigns aren't run on information but on disinformation. It is utterly fucked and getting mad pointing fingers at people being manipulated or those who are targets like Corbyn does nobody any good until this disinformation paradigm gets stopped.

Shahed

Oct 27, 2017
UK, Newcastle
I voted Green in an area Labour dominant like Newcastle

Without looking at policies or the specific people, all online tests I did have me heavily supporting Green, Labour and Lib Dem, while being anti Conservative and Brexit Party.

I see a lot of dislike for Jo Swinson here. I assume it's warranted, but I I'm curious as to why? Since I rate high on Lib Dem tests

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
Deeply bizarre that people are blaming this on Labour adopting a Remain position. Before they moved towards Remain they were haemorrhaging votes to the LDs and even now the problem is too many Remainers have voted LD.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
We're fucked, and as the feckless misogynist racist homophobe rolls out his nightmare vision for Britain the people are going to cheer and blame anyone else for their ills.

Dystopia.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The media in the UK is just diseased, and a big part of this result. Not sure how to fix that, though.
There's no way to fix it. There's too much power and money involved. The rich and powerful will keep ahold of the world, not just this country and continue the brainwashing hence why the population will continue to vote for evil nowadays. This is the world we live in now.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
you're right, i misspoke. he's not the only, but he is the strongest
Not true either. You can make that point that you think Bernie will be a stronger nominee than Biden (I'm inclined to agree), but this is not what the data says.

www.realclearpolitics.com

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

www.realclearpolitics.com

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Sanders

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Sanders

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
the australian labor party has dealt in this kind of centrism for *decades* to awful, awful results. corbyn inspired a movement that was brought down by people attacking from all angles. it wasn't his policies that made him unpopular it was the lack of solidarity. it's not the time to turn back
No, it was because the people who voted Labour in the 70's do not now and Corbyn tried to appeal to people who had no interest in returning to the past.

We need new ideas from the left, a new age of progressive politics. Not the same shit that was rejected 40 years ago.

It starts now. We need a leader who is from a generation that isn't mired in decades of battles that have long been lost and hasn't found a way to come to terms with them.

Progressive politics poll well here, but Corbyn threw the kitchen sink and wondered why people simply didn't believe him to follow through.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
The only silver lining for sane English people is Jo Swinson being stated to have a 95% chance of losing her seat.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is a sign that bernie sanders *must* be the nominee. he's the only one currently projected to beat trump, don't fuck around and hope that people will just move to biden or whatever
You guys really do live in an alternate reality. This is actually a sign of the reverse. Super hard left is a loser with a general electorate. Biden has the best numbers at this point so your data is already wrong.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Heartbreaking, stay strong UK Era

We're fucked, and as the feckless misogynist racist homophobe rolls out his nightmare vision for Britain the people are going to cheer and blame anyone else for their ills.

Dystopia.

I am not an accelerationist nor do I advocate for it, but maybe nothing short of a dystopia can convince people things are going in the wrong direction.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
No, it was because the people who voted Labour in the 70's do not now and Corbyn tried to appeal to people who had no interest in returning to the past.

We need new ideas from the left, a new age of progressive politics. Not the same shit that was rejected 40 years ago.

It starts now. We need a leader who is from a generation that isn't mired in decades of battles that have long been lost and hasn't found a way to come to terms with them.

Progressive politics poll well here, but Corbyn threw the kitchen sink and wondered why people simply didn't believe him to follow through.
right, but modern progressive politicos doesn't mean centrism. that's what i'm arguing against

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Well the good news for the next Labour Leader is that Brexit will have already happened by the time there's another election so they won't have to triangulate on it.

The bad news is that Brexit will have already happened.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Turnout down 4% in Blyth Valley. If this continues through the night then this is probably what has swung so massively to the Tories, especially in leave areas.

RyanPrime_

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Brexit has split the UK.

If the SNP seats are predicted correctly then I have much more faith for another independence referendum. We are moving away from Englands views

Status
Not open for further replies.