• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I've only had the one leaflet so far - and it's from the Lib Dem's.

Tories round here I can understand, as they're going to win regardless.

Disappointed to see nothing from the Labour candidate yet.
I'm surprised I haven't gotten any SNP stuff. My seat is neck and neck between SNP and Lib Dem's. Tories and Labour are irrelevant. SNP could easily take this seat back but Lib Dem's are definitely the most vocal.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Being a Jamaican, Windrush effected people close to me. As it was the coalition that start it all and the Libs sat by and did nothing. I can not vote for the Libs until the people that are still in the party from then are gone.

Please reconsider, if voting for a Lib Dem can prevent a Tory getting into power. I completely understand where you're coming from, but if the choice is between someone who stood by and let it happen and someone who actually actively caused it to happen, surely it's worth using your vote to try and get the least worst of the candidates in? If your realistic choice is between someone who scores 4 on the evil scale and someone who scores 9, and you not voting will help the person who scores 9, then it's surely worth voting for the lesser of two evils?

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
haven't had any Labour stuff and don't want any, spend and focus where they can win. we normally get a fair bit of stuff so i assume it is deliberate. The Tory candidate is Aphra Brandreth so i know immediately where she sprung from, hope she gets hammered in the election.

Oct 26, 2017
Nice.
Technically though how does this work? I assume the ballots have already been printed so people not in the know could still cast their vote for the greens in this case and thereby literally waste them?

No idea.

Thursday 14 November - deadline for the delivery of nomination papers
Candidates who want to stand as MPs need to hand in nomination papers by 4pm.
Candidates who want to withdraw their nominations must do so by 4pm.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Nice.
Technically though how does this work? I assume the ballots have already been printed so people not in the know could still cast their vote for the greens in this case and thereby literally waste them?
Yes, any candidates withdrawing at this stage are still on the ballot, and people will still be able to vote for them.

In this case, Tyne (the former candidate) is presumably not going to actively campaign, which will reduce the number of people voting for him. For most other candidates I'd expect them to do some kind of social media push to explain their decision, but Tyne doesn't appear to have any social media feeds (from a really brief search) so that might not be an option here.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please reconsider, if voting for a Lib Dem can prevent a Tory getting into power. I completely understand where you're coming from, but if the choice is between someone who stood by and let it happen and someone who actually actively caused it to happen, surely it's worth using your vote to try and get the least worst of the candidates in? If your realistic choice is between someone who scores 4 on the evil scale and someone who scores 9, and you not voting will help the person who scores 9, then it's surely worth voting for the lesser of two evils?
I have no need to reconsider, I live in a place where the Libs are dead.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had one green party leaflet in my area and that's it. Libs have stood aside here, greens won a couple of council seats unexpectedly so fair enough, they're trying to gain a foothold here.

Not seen or heard much from Labour at all, couldn't see if there's even any hustings.

Bit depressing as its somewhat of a bellwether seat and the kind Labour would need to win to be the largest party. But it's 65 percent leave so I guess the writing is on the wall

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Noticed the guardian are about to stream some Boris event, buggers have disabled chat, i was going to have some fun. :(

You only have to look at both streams to look at how fucking stage managed the fake Tory "rallies" are.

Some kind of grey warehouse or factory? Check.
Completely vacant before a group of people holding big placards with bollocks slogans are moved in to view? Check.
TVs with inspirational Boris speeches about Brexit rolled in on the sides? Check.

Nobody of sound mind is turning up on a bitterly cold Monday night to willingly see James Cleverly and Boris Johnson.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
You only have to look at both streams to look at how fucking stage managed the fake Tory "rallies" are.

Some kind of grey warehouse or factory? Check.
Completely vacant before a group of people holding big placards with bollocks slogans are moved in to view? Check.
Big screens with inspirational Boris speeches about Brexit? Check.

Yeah, the big shed/warehouse thing is a weird choice.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf Hugh Grant did an event with Paul Dadge in 2017, then a Labour PPC. Don't think he has a particular horse in the fight other than being against the Tories and for better press regulation

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Yeah, the big shed/warehouse thing is a weird choice.

I am so amused.

EKzvVSPWoAAEELK

EKzvVSfXsAIgSeY

EKzvVSiX0Agf9hH

EKzvVScWkAAKCi7

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Trending very positively, just need a few more points from the lib dem ones and 2-3 points off of the Tories.

Who are the 8% of ex-labour voters who decided to switch for Tories.
Did they turn 55 in the meantime?
Or were they so misogynistic they couldn't vote for May, but Boris has just the right level of testosterone to get them back?
I just can't understand. 8% seems a lot.

Deleted member 55689

Banned
Apr 5, 2019
Yeah it's more due to Swinson's voting record. Also whose alt is this lol
Lol, not an alt just want honest political debate. When you live in one of the top 5 safest conservative seats in the country it's tough to find people that don't just spout the same old bullshit over and over, spoon fed from the media. In the last couple of weeks I've had one of my colleagues proudly show their Brexit t-shirt under their actual shirt (like fucking superman!), and another tell me that Corbyn's Labour is no longer "the real Labour Party".

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Or were they so misogynistic they couldn't vote for May, but Boris has just the right level of testosterone to get them back?
Brexit voters obviously. Labour is campaigning on a second referendum which they hate. We're lucky it's not more.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
It feels like much more than 8% here.

In 2017 it felt like Brexit was definitely happening no matter what, so vote for who you want to carry it out, plus other issues.

In 2019 Brexit is on far shakier ground, and a lot of racist old fucks are really invested in Brexit. I live in a mining village that's been royally fucked over by the Tories for my entire life, and yet...

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Now people, take this with a pinch of salt and remember, feet on the ground and dont take that foot off of the pedal for a second.

With that said:

Been following this pollster/analyst, they seem decent enough and not too egregious.

Remember, still need to push push push all the way to the 12th.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

leave voters focus group

"for the people that run the country, they're billionaires, for brexit to happen it will be a disaster for the very very wealthy people not for the likes of us. That's why it's taken three years and we're no nearer"

billionaires when brexit hits

tUT9Kdf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.