• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
this article is ridiculously hyperbolic, The Guardian, who I am reliably informed are unqestionably a leftist liberal newspaper, said she was a "pioneering MP", a "brave trailblazer", and unfairly pilloried because of her gender

Absolutely. And what do you think the coverage would look like if Corbyn supported the installation of a statue to someone who was a pioneering MP, a brave trailblazer, and also a bit of an anti-semite?

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

leave voters focus group

Aside from all the obviously horrific aspects of these clips there's also something quite off about the whole thing. There's a really palpable sense of peer pressure there which makes you feel like you'd get somewhat different responses if they weren't with the others. They managed to find like 15+ Labour leave voters from 2017 and all of them are going to switch Labour to Tory? The polls don't indicate anything of the sort.

They've been planning this for a while, if they can get him to respond it could be major. They also need to use Sadiq Khan, Trump has a major hate boner for him.

Oo and get the baby blimp in action somehow too, maybe have it wearing scrubs.

Oct 31, 2017
Wont be because Hislop is a Liberal with a capitol L.

He is, but the Eye has consistently published Journalism even when it's been detrimental to his outlook. It's not perfect by any means, but imo it's been fairer than basically any other UK publication

Hislop has happily shat upon the establishment for decades, and for that I respect the Eye.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Aside from all the obviously horrific aspects of these clips there's also something quite off about the whole thing. There's a really palpable sense of peer pressure there which makes you feel like you'd get somewhat different responses if they weren't with the others. They managed to find like 15+ Labour leave voters from 2017 and all of them are going to switch Labour to Tory? The polls don't indicate anything of the sort.
I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if people were peer-pressured into voting Tory. It happened with the Leave vote.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017

What a bunch of gullible, unthinking fucking morons. Did somebody remove their crticial thinking skills? Was it reading papers like the Sun, Star, Mail, Express and the like which made their brains curl up and die? I'd actually feel a bit sorry for them if their stupidity only affected THEM, but unfortunately their Tory votes will drag down the whole fucking country.

Last edited:

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, these are some gammon-ass gammon, but it's pretty clear there's an element of peer-pressure going on when you put a bunch of people with somewhat similar beliefs (and presumably either had selected them or had them select themselves on that basis). Which is another reason I find this focus group type stuff questionable, and it even seems like it would create a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy when you show them a bunch of people who think along similar lines, which is only going to further push them into that belief.

DeaconBlues

Nov 28, 2019
This Channel 4 show on people living in poverty is heartbreaking. These kids having to deal with food banks and helping to keep their mums well. Trying to not go over the top and call anyone who votes tory a cunt but it's DIFFICULT

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This Channel 4 show on people living in poverty is heartbreaking. These kids having to deal with food banks and helping to keep their mums well. Trying to not go over the top and call anyone who votes tory a cunt but it's DIFFICULT
If they would rather die," said Jacob Rees Mogg, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

The Tory voting Roared their approval in response while across the city Tiny Tim Corbyn breathe his last.
England 2019

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Wont be because Hislop is a Liberal with a capitol L.
He is, but the Eye has consistently published Journalism even when it's been detrimental to his outlook. It's not perfect by any means, but imo it's been fairer than basically any other UK publication

Hislop has happily shat upon the establishment for decades, and for that I respect the Eye.
yeah, the press stuff and the investigative journalism has always and still is good, the satire is all over the place

I saw a bunch of tweets last week of people joking they wished they could just subscribe to the middle 12 pages of the Eye

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017

Honestly, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's probably a good idea to call it what it is.

I feel so sorry for kids who have parents who will vote Tory and so doom them all and everyone else to far worse hardships.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Oh Christ, why do I read the comments? There are people there that think that when talking about the NHS being for sale they mean someone coming in and acquiring the whole thing as if it was a company takeover... My head hurts :(
Oh there are tories who would love that. The british health care system could generate a trillion dollars if it was privatised and raped to hell and back. Heck private companies are making billions of it now.

Nov 2, 2018
This time last election I remember wishing we had two more weeks as the tide was turning, the conversation changing, but not quick enough.

The vast majority of people I know at work just aren't interested or worse are happy to vote along with who their parents tell them too.

I have hope, but I'm also incredibly nervous. Without going into too much personal detail I have to face the music of the job market next year.

The thought of a minimum of £10 an hour and a potential stop to Brexit compared to hard Brexit or a no deal (I'm convinced the later will cause riots in the streets). Feels like so much is riding on this personally

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, what's next week going to be like.

Corbyn was at the grassy knoll in Dallas many years ago.

WACCOE-1919

May 9, 2019
Man that dispatches documentary about children living in poverty is really sickening, especially when that "prince" nonce is allowed to live in comfort. We really live a cesspit.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
This will be a very big week in the campaign, Labour has several chances to set the news agenda and land some blows. Trump and the debate being the 2 main things that the Conservatives are actually worried about. FT has a good article on it.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
For all the concern about Corbyn having too much baggage (as unfounded as that baggage is, the concern that that baggage is baggage isn't totally unfounded, you know?), maybe that works in his favour now? We've had half a decade of throwing every flavour of shit against the wall to get some to stick, that the wall is just covered in shit now so whatever they throw just slides off.

They played their hand already, people aren't going to buy whatever desperate bollocks they come up with to splash on the Telegraph

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
For all the concern about Corbyn having too much baggage (as unfounded as that baggage is, the concern that that baggage is baggage isn't totally unfounded, you know?), maybe that works in his favour now? We've had half a decade of throwing every flavour of shit against the wall to get some to stick, that the wall is just covered in shit now so whatever they throw just slides off.

They played their hand already, people aren't going to buy whatever desperate bollocks they come up with to splash on the Telegraph

I've heard this from a few people as well. The conservatives definitely used the antisemite card too much to the point it lost quite a bit of meaning. The Hamas/IRA stuff does stick quite a bit more though and Jeremy Corbyn still has that lack of patriotism problem.

CD_93

Dec 12, 2017
Lancashire, United Kingdom
What a country we built this decade.

25-30% cuts to all govt departments.
25-30% cuts to all councils
Half of councils facing effective bankruptcy.

McDonalds in the UK - 1,270
Greggs in the UK - 1,953
Foodbanks in the UK - 2,000

Foodbank use up 2,400%.
Homelessness up 1,000%.
Rough sleeping up 1,200%
Student fees up 300%
Student debt up 150%

Worst NHS waiting times on record.
Key targets for cancer, hospital care & A&E missed.
NHS satisfaction level at lowest recorded rate.
33,000 nurses leaving the NHS each year

1,000 sure start centres closed.
780 libraries closed.
700 football pitches closed.
Sixth form funding cut by 25%.

Council home building down 90%.
100,000 increase on the council home waiting list since 2010.
200, 000 social homes lost since 2010.
Zero "starter homes" built - a Tory flagship programme.
Mass evictions at record levels.

Manufacturing in recession.
Construction in recession.

36,000 fewer teachers
25,000 fewer police.
20,000 fewer prison officers.
10,000 fewer border officials.
10,000 fewer firefighters.
10,000 fewer medical professionals.
25,000 fewer bed spaces for people suffering mental illness.

80% of the 5.3 million self employed live below poverty line.
35% of self employed only earn £100 a month.
25% cuts for the disabled community.
80% cuts to Mobility Allowance.
40% of working households have practically no savings.
70% of households have less than 10k savings.
60% of households can only survive 2 months without a wage.

Increase of 50% in hate crimes.
Increase of knife crime by 150% to 22,000 per year.
Increase in teenage suicide by 70%.

130k extra deaths attached to the political ideology of austerity.

Child poverty set to reach a record high in 2023-24 if the Conservative manifesto is enacted in full.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I've heard this from a few people as well. The conservatives definitely used the antisemite card too much to the point it lost quite a bit of meaning. The Hamas/IRA stuff does stick quite a bit more though and Jeremy Corbyn still has that lack of patriotism problem.
Don't know that I'd call it a problem but I know what you mean

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Think it's a good strategy from Labour, helps put the NHS back in the spotlight instead of Brexit no matter what Trump says in response (if anything).

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017

leave voters focus group

"for the people that run the country, they're billionaires, for brexit to happen it will be a disaster for the very very wealthy people not for the likes of us. That's why it's taken three years and we're no nearer"

billionaires when brexit hits

tUT9Kdf.png

This is horrific. I mean, it is understood that a lot of working class leave voters are turkeys voting for Christmas, but to see them articulate their idiocy here is beyond belief. "If he lied to the queen he'll lie to anyone!" 30s later "You'll get an honest answer out of him that's for sure!"

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London

Greggs in the UK - 1,953

Foodbank use up 2,400%.
Homelessness up 1,000%.
Rough sleeping up 1,200%
Student fees up 300%
Student debt up 150%

780 libraries closed.

36,000 fewer teachers
25,000 fewer police.

Child poverty set to reach a record high in 2023-24 if the Conservative manifesto is enacted in full.
Fuck me. Just show this to any person who's not sure how to vote.

Zaph

Oct 25, 2017

Greggs in the UK - 1,953

Foodbank use up 2,400%.
Homelessness up 1,000%.
Rough sleeping up 1,200%
Student fees up 300%
Student debt up 150%

780 libraries closed.

36,000 fewer teachers
25,000 fewer police.

And to add another bit of ONS research released yesterday and quickly buried:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50631220

Oct 31, 2017
Terrible how Corbyn is hiding an official report into russian voting interference that apparently shows that many Putin adjacent people are funding him.

Oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.