• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea and Toast

Oct 26, 2017
Girlfriend got this in the post which I thought was a bit naughty.
I actually thought it was one of those crappy local newsletters/mags you get posted every so often.
It's just a massive advert for the libdems.

br0irYZ.jpg

Last edited:

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
Is there something magic about the number 50,000? 30,000 sounds like a good number so why not just say that and you've got a slam dunk? I don't get it.

they like the idea that by correcting it constantly opponents are ultimately helping spread the core message that the tories are adding 30,000 nurses and investing in the NHS.

the bus with 350 million on it strategy. works less well if you already have a trust problem though.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Huh, this is interesting:

So given this, I'm assuming that maybe most of the Lib Dem's gain comes from both Labour and Conservatives, although I don't really see where the extra percentage point might be from? Or did they take 3 from Conservative, and BXP gave Cons one back?

Either way, I imagine there's some votes for Labour to take from Lib Dems before this is over. Not sure that the conservatives can do similar.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

Yep just like in Scotland during indyref. If crowds like this were eagerly awaiting Boris anywhere it would be getting shown on the news. They don't dare show the positive attitude towards Corbyn from the general public because that would break the spell of him being a dangerous man. Same with indyref, there were countless events with big turnouts and they just never showed it, hence why many people still think independence is some niche belief only held by some small hardcore band of lunatics when it isn't.

The news is just as much about what isn't shown as what is. Boris hiding from people, not shown, huge crowds for Corbyn, not shown. Everything done in their power to minimise damage to Tories and maximise damage to Labour. If Labour get in with some sort of SNP coalition I hope they go to fucking town on the BBC.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I'm genuinely flabberghasted by the Lib Dem's over the past month or so. It's like they're trying to implode.
I think the problem is at in regards to misleading voters the Lib Dems were always like this and have done so for decades. It's just that finally some scrutiny is being placed on it. Then there's their general hubris and poor positioning from the top that's their main source of problems leading to the current mess.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Huh, this is interesting:

So given this, I'm assuming that maybe most of the Lib Dem's gain comes from both Labour and Conservatives, although I don't really see where the extra percentage point might be from? Or did they take 3 from Conservative, and BXP gave Cons one back?

Either way, I imagine there's some votes for Labour to take from Lib Dems before this is over. Not sure that the conservatives can do similar.

A couple of commentators seem to think where the Conservatives are now is something of a ceiling - and this aggregate of polls seems to agree with that.

Ando

Apr 21, 2018
wonder if our media is equipped to inform people of the government failures that led to this attack in an election period or will they just signal boost boris johnson's lies

note: i don't actually wonder i know they aren't and they will all act like most people thinking it's ultimately corbyn's fault isn't entirely a consequence of their own failings to inform the electorate

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
wonder if our media is equipped to inform people of the government failures that led to this attack in an election period or will they just signal boost boris johnson's lies

note: i don't actually wonder i know they aren't and they will all act like most people thinking it's ultimately corbyn's fault isn't entirely a consequence of their own failings to inform the electorate
Honestly, before the Marr interview this morning I'd have said I'd agree, but he went weirdly hard on the idea that prisons contributed to the man's state of mind as well as the conservatives being in power for so long puts the responsability squarely on their doorstep. If even Marr is going after then like that, I could see it getting some traction. Especially if there's a smoking gun that they ignored warnings as it seems to be.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Also how dense do you have to be to think Bojos 'lock them up for longer' solves the problem. Ok...so you've locked them up for longer...now they are out and still do the same thing. The key isn't the amount of time, the key is what happens in prison with regards to rehabilitation etc which tories completely ignore and instead go for this 'tough on crime' nonsense.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Also I really hate how a lot of places are just saying 'automatically released' as if they were completely free to go, rather than they were supposed to be monitored long term by the police. It just makes people think there's no gradient between being locked up behind bars and being 'out on the street', encouraging them to sit firmly on people being behind bars for longer.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also how dense do you have to be to think Bojos 'lock them up for longer' solves the problem. Ok...so you've locked them up for longer...now they are out and still do the same thing. The key isn't the amount of time, the key is what happens in prison with regards to rehabilitation etc which tories completely ignore and instead go for this 'tough on crime' nonsense.

Exactly. The idea that early release is the problem is ridiculous.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
The funny part is that the twitter bots/fanatics were previously basing their Tory defense on this just being some random person who isn't credible, but apparently they're credible enough for the prime minister to twist their words to defend himself?
He's also been a newspaper columnist and written books on the justice system lol

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised "faked communications" isn't more common. I can't tell you how many internet-drama type posts start with screenshots of texts, literally the easiest thing in the world to photoshop, and people just run wild with it.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised "faked communications" isn't more common. I can't tell you how many internet-drama type posts start with screenshots of texts, literally the easiest thing in the world to photoshop, and people just run wild with it.
gammons spent most of the weekend fighting off a heart attack over a fake Corbyn tweet. It's probably more common than you think it just doesn't escape those bubbles very often.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
There are Prison Imans not knowing about Prevent!? What the heck?!

I know it's not always possible to deradicalise everyone but what's the point of having a program like Prevent if the people who need it most aren't made aware of it's existence? It's been nearly 10 years since the Tories were in charge of the country, did this not raise any alarm bells?

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ITV debate on. It's either that or top gear...

Anyway, Jo Swinson only going after Johnson/Farage in her opening speech. Seems like a deliberate choice to focus on them now.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
ITV debate on. It's either that or top gear...

Anyway, Jo Swinson only going after Johnson/Farage in her opening speech. Seems like a deliberate choice to focus on them now.

She's going to end up making the same mistake as Clegg, distance away from Labour to gather up tory votes and then lose those as well when they suddenly think they will be voting for a Labour coalition.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50624086

Facebook has deleted a Conservative election ad that used BBC News footage because it infringed the corporation's intellectual property (IP) rights.

The BBC said the material had been used out of context in a way that "could damage perceptions of our impartiality".

On Thursday, the Tories rejected a request from the BBC's lawyers to remove the 15-second video.

The BBC also complained to Facebook, which has now deleted the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.