• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Corbyn is so clearly better at answering questions and being sincere but Boris' stammering and repeating of "Get Brexit Done" works and I bet more people thought he did better.

I genuinely have to question my sanity when I see these two side by side and Corbyn isn't overwhelmingly more popular.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
"BBC debate - Snap verdict

The conventional wisdom among the punditocracy has been that this was Jeremy Corbyn's last change to change the dynamics of this contest, and if that was the case he probably didn't manage it, even though he may well have had the best of the debate. The Johnson message about Labour not offering certainty on Brexit is a powerful one, and if anything the PM made it tonight even more effectively tonight than he did in the ITV debate two and a half weeks ago. That said, Corbyn had the best moment, when he came back at Johnson over "failure of leadership" and said what was a failure of leadership was using racist language. It was a powerful blow, and perhaps the best moment of the debate. Corbyn also seemed stronger than Johnson on domestic policy. But probably not strong enough to shake up a campaign that (in terms of voting intention) the Tories seem to be winning."

(time stamp 21:34)

to no one's suprise...

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I can say about Corbyn is he comes across as tired/defeated.

Boris is a lying sack of shit, but seemed chirpy.

We're fucked.

It's kinda like if you insult your dog but use the same tone as your rewarding tone. "Who's a stupid boy? You are! Yes you are!"

It never ceases to amaze me how gullible and easily manipulated some people are to the extent that they will vote against their own best interests.

It was a decades long plan by vested interests, I'm not surprised. Whenever you would casually watch the news and read how the EU does evil things. " Ali The Super Terrorist gets let off scot free and is allowed to run his Jihadi dungeon because the EU said his human rights were being infringed upon by having him arrested for evil things" is something that has persisted over years and years.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
lmao Yougov poll says Boris won 52/48

Same thing came out on the last QT snap poll and the deeper polling showed a very different story.

50-50 is a decent result for Corbyn given the personal rating disparity.

Raab looks like he needs to go to the bathroom to calm down/snort something. Holy christ that was horrid.

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
It was a decades long plan by vested interests, I'm not surprised. Whenever you would casually watch the news and read how the EU does evil things. " Ali The Super Terrorist gets let off scot free and is allowed to run his Jihadi dungeon because the EU said his human rights were being infringed upon by having him arrested for evil things" is something that has persisted over years and years.

That's what got my Dad :(

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
It's kinda like if you insult your dog but use the same tone as your rewarding tone. "Who's a stupid boy? You are! Yes you are!"

Holy shit that's the best way I've seen it framed. That is Boris.

And the public wag their tails like a dog would wag its tail if you call it a cunt in a chirpy and fun sounding Scottish accent.

"Whooo is increasing poverty? Who is it? We are! We are! There's a good British public".

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why the Tories let Raab talk or appear places or exist.

They probably don't see anything wrong because they're Tories as well.

Zero questions on climate change, says so much about the BBC. Holy FUCK to the BBC journalist suggesting that the lack of questions on climate change proves people don't care about it as if the BBC don't pick the questions.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Ghastly BXP woman who had the dodgy involvements with Cambridge Analytica (and lied about it as well I think) now tearing into Boris Johnson.

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Corbyn did well but I'm so much more fired up after hearing that mauling by Gardiner. I wish Corbyn could get across his righteous anger better.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
On top of that - though I don't think it was deliberate - by focusing on improving major cities, whilst leaving rural towns to rot, successive governments have insured that the educated, progressive youth gathers in a handful of constituencies, whilst the rest are left sinking into small-minded conservatism.

It's right there in the Brexit result: 52/48 om paper, 65/35 at a constituency level.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Chris Morris (the reality check one, not the amusing one) saying there were no massive whoppers.

Boris Johnson repeated his lies about the NI situation on the day that the evidence it was all lies was laid before us.

The BBC is chok-a-blok with right wing people pushing their agenda and fucking cowards unable to raise a finger against the government.

Krypta

Oct 29, 2017
Aren't these two images a bit... contradictory?

GE2019%20ITV%20debate-01.png

BBC%20debate%20how%20well%20both%20leaders-01.png

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching - by far the most enjoyable debate of the campaign. It was nice that they could speak at longer length tbh.

Think Robinson was pretty fair overall, and better moderation than some of the other debates.

Fuck me Boris was awful though. I shouted at my TV when he managed to twist the racism question into a Get Brexit Done moment. After an hour, his whole platform just came across as incredibly narrow and boring - unable to answer questions in a straight manner - evasive, untrustworthy.

Corbyn came across as sensible, reasoned and calm in comparison. Giving him the victory there.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished watching - by far the most enjoyable debate of the campaign. It was nice that they could speak at longer length tbh.

Think Robinson was pretty fair overall, and better moderation than some of the other debates.

Fuck me Boris was awful though. I shouted at my TV when he managed to twist the racism question into a Get Brexit Done moment. After an hour, his whole platform just came across as incredibly narrow and boring - unable to answer questions in a straight manner - evasive, untrustworthy.

Corbyn came across as sensible, reasoned and calm in comparison. Giving him the victory there.

It is kind of astonishing that Boris poses "Get Brexit Done" as the answer to literally anything because if he gets a majority he will 'Get Brexit Done' within about fifty days at which point nothing will change. People won't feel more united. Brexit won't actually be done. Uncertainty of one type will end and another type will begin. Services will still be horribly underfunded. The homeless will still be on the street. Austerity will still largely be in place.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
It is kind of astonishing that Boris poses "Get Brexit Done" as the answer to literally anything because if he gets a majority he will 'Get Brexit Done' within about fifty days at which point nothing will change. People won't feel more united. Brexit won't actually be done. Uncertainty of one type will end and another type will begin. Services will still be horribly underfunded. The homeless will still be on the street. Austerity will still largely be in place.

WILL OF THE PEOPLE

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't these two images a bit... contradictory?

GE2019%20ITV%20debate-01.png

BBC%20debate%20how%20well%20both%20leaders-01.png

They are a bit contradictory but you have to remember that there are people that will feel both did well and people that will feel both did badly. Those people apparently prefer Johnson. However there are more people that think Corbyn did well and Johnson did badly than vice versa.

It's good news for Corbyn. The majority of the country dislikes him and the majority of the country thing he did well tonight.

Asking "Leaving aside how you feel..." is ridiculously stupid for a respected polling outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.