• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
It is kind of astonishing that Boris poses "Get Brexit Done" as the answer to literally anything because if he gets a majority he will 'Get Brexit Done' within about fifty days at which point nothing will change. People won't feel more united. Brexit won't actually be done. Uncertainty of one type will end and another type will begin. Services will still be horribly underfunded. The homeless will still be on the street. Austerity will still largely be in place.

Yep!

I'm amazed that so many of the population can watch him chunter away like that and have any faith in him.

I actually liked Robinson letting him ramble on for a little bit (if anything, I think Corbyn probably played it slightly too safe in having snappy answers!) because it just made Boris look worse and worse.

Maybe it's just because if reaffirmed my own beliefs, but I bloody loved watching that.

Fake edit: that poll doesn't seem so bad.

LordZap

Oct 27, 2017
How can someone who comes across as more in touch with the ordinary people, and more trustworthy make a worse prime minister?

SMD

Oct 28, 2017

This doesn't make sense though. The documents were from the UK Government. Are reddit genuinely trying to push the idea that rather than one of thousands of people working in the civil service and/or government deciding to leak this, it's actually a Russian campaign for...what exactly? It's not misinformation because it's true and has been reported on before. And clearly it doesn't match up with all the accusations that Russia pushed Trump into the White House and have influenced his decision making, since Johnson would work with Trump but Corbyn wouldn't.
Johnson would also enact a hard Brexit, which is supposed to be aligned with Russia's policies.

There's pretty much no point in Russia helping Corbyn or Labour, if anything a Labour government would make Russian influence harder.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Scotland has to squeeze the remaining Scottish Labour vote and keep the Tories out

A reminder, Scottish Labour and Scottish Tories will work in cahoots to hold us back

And for a bonus, look at the state of this Tory leaflet in Scotland using RED

This country needs away from all of this, the UK is clearly returning a Tory majority next week.

Fuck the Union, time for freedom.

Oct 28, 2017
Was hoping a plane would fall out of the sky and crush my fucking house with me in it when Boris turned the Islamophobia question into getting Brexit done to somehow stop Islamophobia.

Fucking stupid cunt.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping a plane would fall out of the sky and crush my fucking house with me in it when Boris turned the Islamophobia question into getting Brexit done to somehow stop Islamophobia.

Fucking stupid cunt.

Yeah, said it earlier but I found myself impulsively shouting at the TV.

I don't normally do that.

Had had a few beers though lol

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
At this rate, Boris could say he'd abolish the Monarchy, sell the NHS, raise taxes, and make the UK the 51st state, and he'd still be more likely to win.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
A good part of the British public believes that a posh likeable con artist is the best man for PM job.

You almost hope said part of the British public now live a life of utter misery due to their voting, but then you remember however these gammons suffer now, those who will really suffer the most are those who didn't vote for this or those currently homeless and not even voting in the first place.

The British public everyone, make Britain Great Again.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017

So this leaked document was available on Reddit for over a month?

In July this year the following Telegraph article is supposedly on the very same document:

The Tories will probably think of Corbyn's use of this document as something to be used against him, but they need to tread carefully as they are of course sitting on their own unreleased Russia report. Let's hope they're not careful ........

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
Thought Corbyn did well, but there are so many times when he could really attack him - when Johnson turned the racism question into Brexit, he should've just said that's it's so important to Johnson that he'll spin it back to the same soundbites. Or something. When Johnson gets riled he's more likely to make mistakes.

Corbyn's just too decent. It's probably why he's seen as less PM-like.

I think the idea that Johnson is posh, and actually PM help him in those questions. And also that a lot of people are unthinking twats.

I'm sure at the end there Robinson was just going to end it without letting Corbyn speak, then suddenly remembered and let him speak, but then still went back to Johnson for a reply, giving him the final word.

If people aren't going to see Johnson for the utter shit he is, I don't think there's anything he or Corbyn could say to make them change their minds.

On a plus note, my sister who's voted Tory every election since 92 is voting Lib Dem. I think they've lost a voter for good there.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
At least Corbyn's performance is generally decent and not bad. That could help swing some voters in the last push, helps to narrow things at least a little bit.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not a hung parliament followed by a non-bojo/tory govt, then idk.

Scotland will be stuck with the union as well because the Tories won't allow us to leave.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
If it's not a hung parliament followed by a non-bojo/tory govt, then idk.

Scotland will be stuck with the union as well because the Tories won't allow us to leave.

Aye, they will.

Every single day on the Scottish border facing England

3Ixbixs.gif

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
At least Corbyn's performance is generally decent and not bad. That could help swing some voters in the last push, helps to narrow things at least a little bit.

He's been OK for most of the campaign besides the terrible no apology part, but if people are happy to vote for someone they know is lying to them, there is not a lot you can do.

Logic goes out of the window.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
He's been OK for most of the campaign besides the terrible no apology part, but if people are happy to vote for someone they know is lying to them, there is not a lot you can do.

Logic goes out of the window.
A lot of people have been convinced that Corbyn is the one who's lying. There's probably loads of people out there who believe everything Boris says.

Oct 28, 2017
I had the misfortune to come home to this shite waiting on my doormat,

4lGTj9b.jpg

nRnjQG7.jpg

iX2V7a8.jpg

What really hit me the most was the fact it was addressed to me personally, with my actual name and address on it.
It really amazes me that in this age of Data Protection and GDPR any political party, even one with no actual MPs, can just jump on the electoral register, even the closed one that I'm on, and just grab my name and address then force me to have to opt out of receiving their stuff.

I got one delivered today also.

Our constituency at the last election had the SNP with a majority of only 21 votes over the tories, so as much as I detest smug Nigel I can't be too disappointed if a few hundred bampots vote BXP instead of the Conservatives.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Actual quote from the BBC debate page to dismiss tweets that made fun of Boris for repeating Get Brexit Done all the time.
On one hand, it isn't wrong, look at the difference between the YouGov verdict on tonight and the Britain Elects Twitter poll as an example. On the other hand, little comments and framing like this are way too common to ever give the BBC the benefit of the doubt in this situation. Their news output needs total reform.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So more people think Corbyn performed well compared to Johnson... but Johnson "won."

Ho ho, YouGov, try not to be so transparent.

Boris barely even answers any fucking questions and repeats already debunked bullshit throughout the debates and is still seen as doing better.

Then again, this is the country who:
1. decided to vote for austerity
2. vote for austerity again
3. vote to leave the EU because of the effects of austerity
4. vote for austerity again
5. now seems to hate austerity so much that they want to vote in the party of austerity for a fourth time in a row so that they can they can finally get rid of austerity.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Boris barely even answers any fucking questions and repeats already debunked bullshit throughout the debates and is still seen as doing better.

Then again, this is the country who:
1. decided to vote for austerity
2. vote for austerity again
3. vote to leave the EU because of the effects of austerity
4. vote for austerity again
5. now seems to hate austerity so much that they want to vote in the party of austerity for a fourth time in a row so that they can they can finally get rid of austerity.
We have the highest cunt ratio on earth.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I mean, Tories denying the vote isn't gonna help the Union. At all.

They wouldn't do it if we have a large SNP majority. Scotland would get the whole world looking at the UK and it wouldn't be long before pressure from all sides buckled the Union. Democratically holding Scotland hostage would lead to condemnation.

Acting hard during the election cycle with soundbites such as "I'll never allow Scotland X" is cheap talk. Chatting shite. If we have a majority Government with something in its manifesto that the Scottish courts also vote through it will force the hands of Westminster in the end.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
Chris Morris (the reality check one, not the amusing one) saying there were no massive whoppers.

Boris Johnson repeated his lies about the NI situation on the day that the evidence it was all lies was laid before us.

The BBC is chok-a-blok with right wing people pushing their agenda and fucking cowards unable to raise a finger against the government.
Quite at odds with what is actually on the BBC website right now
It is not kind on Boris's bollocks.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
They wouldn't do it if we have a large SNP majority. Scotland would get the whole world looking at the UK and it wouldn't be long before pressure from all sides buckled the Union. Democratically holding Scotland hostage would lead to condemnation.

Acting hard during the election cycle with soundbites such as "I'll never allow Scotland X" is cheap talk. Chatting shite. If we have a majority Government with something in its manifesto that the Scottish courts also vote through it will force the hands of Westminster in the end.

Problem with this scenario is that if tories win a majority, I can see them fucking With Scotland so much that until they get out of power scotland, by legal force, will remain part of the Union. If these fuckers win, they will fuck with the Scottish courts. They can hold onto 6+ seats so for them it's better to keep that power and seats no matter what.

Apart from the US, which could very well elect trump cunt next year, I doubt any other country near by would bother trying to unfuck that situation and risk a major incident with England.

The debate was nothing but good for Corbyn, brexit answer was eh, but better then last time and he came off well. Won't massively move the needle for him but it will benefit him and his party in this election.

End result of that? Who knows,

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Problem with this scenario is that if tories win a majority, I can see them fucking With Scotland so much that until they get out of power scotland, by legal force, will remain part of the Union. If these fuckers win, they will fuck with the Scottish courts. They can hold onto 6+ seats so for them it's better to keep that power and seats no matter what.

Apart from the US, which could very well elect trump cunt next year, I doubt any other country near by would bother trying to unfuck that situation and risk a major incident with England.

The debate was nothing but good for Corbyn, brexit answer was eh, but better then last time and he came off well. Won't massively move the needle for him but it will benefit him and his party in this election.

End result of that? Who knows,

The Tories are largely Lawful Evil, not Chaotic Evil. I do have to think it's a little bit of fear-mongering the expectation that the Tories will behave just as unhinged as that when facing a Scottish Government which is led by the SNP and a UK Government which is led (by Scotland's part) by the SNP.

I'm sure in the minds of the best lawyers there would also be a legal case against the British Government if they exerted undue force against Scotland to prevent democracy.

Right now in election season, Boris can say pretty much whatever he wants because it can be passed off as campaigning under the expectation Scotland might have gotten a Conservative or Unionist majority anyway. Which would have killed independence at our end and the Scottish Courts would vote down Indyref bills. Therefore Boris staying true to "Never giving an indyref2 vote is his term".

The Scottish courts have passed the indyref2 bill, so that is why I said above I think we could exert our own pressure on Westminster.

Failing that, there would probably be riots and violent unrest 🤷‍♂️ I mean, I'm not saying me personally, or like next year we're in a war, but the UK does have to be careful around how conflict can start and acting like a dictator is a good way to kick off pockets of unrest. Shit going on in Ireland is bad enough without Scotland and England going at it again due to tensions.

You're likely to see a vote and just millions poured into BETTER TOGETHER again and maybe the Vow 2.0. I really don't believe in speaking speculatively that a Tory majority means Scotland is completely incapable of doing anything.

Last edited:

Deleted member 55689

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 5, 2019
"On who came across as more Prime Ministerial"

How the fuck?
"Sounds fine," said Mrs. Bowles. "I voted last election, same as everyone, and I laid it on the line for President Noble. I think he's one of the nicest-looking men who ever became president."

"Oh, but the man they ran against him!"

"He wasn't much, was he? Kind of small and homely and he didn't shave too close or comb his hair very well."

"What possessed the 'Outs' to run him? You just don't go running a little short man like that against a tall man. Besides, he mumbled. Half the time I couldn't hear a word he said. And the words I did hear I didn't understand!"

"Fat, too, and didn't dress to hide it. No wonder the landslide was for Winston Noble. Even their names helped. Compare Winston Noble to Hubert Hoag for ten seconds and you can almost figure the results.
I'll be voting Labour this election but I hate politics and I hate the whole discourse around it. It's fucking rotten to the core. It basically's just advertising. Don't fight for what you believe in any more, just tell us what you think we want to hear.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Quite at odds with what is actually on the BBC website right now
It is not kind on Boris's bollocks.

Glad to see that. It did seem really weird when he was saying it because during the debate itself they were fact checking his shit on the side of the screen. Even so, there he was on BBC News live saying that it was basically a wash and neitehr of them told any whoppers blah blah blah.

I'd love to know the kind of briefs these people get given at times. Both with the QT four way special (Corbyn, Sturgeon, Swinson, Johnson) and this QT special there has been a concerted effort right after the broadcast to act as if things were really even even when it was patently untrue.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I hated him at the time with a passion, but in retrospect he wasn't as bad as all the other Tory prime ministers. Damning with faint praise I know...

The trouble with Major is that he came in when Thatcher had already cleared the forest, there wasn't much left but he still hacked away at what there was.

He was just very boring at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.