• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Polling stations will open at 7am and close at 10pm today (12th December) – this is the same across the UK, no matter your location. That's 15 whole hours to vote. If you are at the polling station at 10pm, stay in line, if you're in the queue you will get a vote by law.

You do not need to bring anything with you to vote, no ID or polling card required, unless you are in Northern Ireland in which case you will need some form of photo ID. It doesn't need to be in date, but the only accepted forms of photo ID are a passport, driving licence, electoral card or translink smartpass. Again, for GB residents, you do not need to bring anything with you to vote. You just need to have registered on the electoral roll. If you've not done that already, you're unfortunately too late to register.

Your polling card, which should have been sent to you already, will contain the details of where you can vote. Make sure to go to that polling station, you won't be allowed to vote in another one. You can also find your polling station details here. If you have applied for a postal vote and for whatever reason haven't submitted it yet, you can also take it to your local polling station before 10pm tonight.

Get out and vote!

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Sisters and brothers join me!

Anyone eligible to vote that admits here they didn't will get blocked by me. No questions asked. No excuses accepted.

Go out and vote if you are franchised! I wish I could, alas Brits living abroad don't have that luxury. So make us proud!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
My polling station is like 1 minute from my front door. I'll be there fairly early.

Please do not vote for the tories.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Going to vote at 11am when it should be fairly quiet. My city is a Tory stronghold sadly and even the tactical voting websites seem split on who to vote for. Lib Dem has a slight edge but it's a foregone conclusion sadly.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On YouTube recommended under news, I have (in order) The Sun, BBC, Evening Standard, This Morning, The Telegraph, The Independent, ITV, The Times & Sunday Times, Express and Star and finally Daily Mail.

As far as I can tell, the only left wing slanted outlet out of those is The Independent, whilst the majority are right wing or supporting Boris. Where's The Mirror and The Guardian?

Is anyone else getting this? Why are the YouTube recommended news outlets so heavily right/Boris leaning?

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Can do. Luckily my seat is not close to being marginal, but have to make sure to get out and vote to keep it that way.

Fuck the Tories.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Avoided almost all online bullshit this election until today, the last election and the referendum did me no favours mentally given how toxic the right-wing can make it. I'm out to vote first thing this morning, though given my constituency is one of the safest Labour seats in the country, I'm not expecting queues. Fortunately, given how a particularly centralist Labour MP that has sat there for years has finally stepped down, we're getting a new one with far more credentials in grass root activism, especially since the Tories first came into power, so, regardless of the national result tomorrow morning, I can at least be grateful I may have a real representative for the first time in my voting life.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales

JKZ9LyX.png

rip

painey

Oct 27, 2017
another general election stuck on the wrong side of the pond. My district has been blue for as long as I can remember :(

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last election Tory got 60%+ of the vote, Labour 28%, 32k vs 15k.

Why do I keep moving to places like this.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I am already feeling a sense of dread. But got our proxy going to the ballot box with three Not Tory votes in the safest labour seat imaginable

farmland

Oct 30, 2017
As an Australian who was already bitterly disappointed when Labor lost here, don't do what we did. Vote Labour in and give the left some hope internationally.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I'm hopeful.
Nationally, the LD growth implies that Labour voters may be setting differences aside to vote tactically in close seats.
In Scotland, Labour voters are clearly shifting to SNP where less than a few points of difference will flip seats away from Tories.

This is black and white for the Tories, but extremely grey for the left-leaning parties.
Expect the worst, but hold onto hope. This could produce a better result than what it looks like in the polls.

Get out and vote for the left-leaning candidate mostly likely to win in your constituency.

VOTE TACTICALLY!

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thankfully, unlike us, the UK's Labour has strong, left leaning leadership. please win to set an example for the rest of us to follow

i could only dream of getting to support a Labor leader like Corbyn

American here, and we're also rooting hard for Labour and Corbyn. Come on y'all, do this thing and give us a shot in the arm over here!

Oct 27, 2018
As appealing as "anyone but Boris" is, I don't want my local council to be labour anymore.

Gonna go with Green. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but will hopefully shake things up a bit locally.

EDIT: I was uninformed. I will be voting labour.

Last edited:

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Petition for the mods to update the banner announcement to remind people to Get The Tories Out.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
As appealing as "anyone but Boris" is, I don't want my local council to be labour anymore.

Gonna go with Green. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things, but will hopefully shake things up a bit locally.

The councillors aren't the same as electing your MP. Feel free to vote whoever you want in your local elections but for the parliamentary elections please vote out the Tories. A Green vote would be wasted.

Oct 25, 2017
It sure would be fucking nice to vote and have it mean something for once. 2015 onwards has been so disheartening.

Vote Labour pals.

Oct 27, 2018
The councillors aren't the same as electing your MP. Feel free to vote whoever you want in your local elections but for the parliamentary elections please vote out the Tories. A Green vote would be wasted.
seems I've no idea what I'm doing. 😂

Why have the local representatives been posting leaflets with stuff like "vote Kai Johnson" (local green person) on? If it has zero effect locally.

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
VOTE!

I'm in what should be a very safe seat for Labour, and we've finally gotten rid of awful Blair cheerleader Ann Coffey, good riddance. I'll be voting Labour. I'm hoping our neighbours in the Cheadle marginal know to vote Lib Dem.

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
I'm genuinely scared for our country and future.

Vote labour. Going to be so disheartened if the Tories are still in come Friday :(

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan

Your next local election is 2020. I too will be voting Green for my local council.
But for the parliamentary elections, please please use your vote carefully. If it seems like a Labour hold, I would highly recommend sticking with Labour.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting on the train next to a mum and university age daughter. Daughter reading out that Boris is building 40 new hospitals - oh that's good then. I'm biting my lip

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
seems I've no idea what I'm doing. 😂

Why have the local representatives been posting leaflets with stuff like "vote Kai Johnson" (local green person) on? If it has zero effect locally.

Your next local election is 2020. I too will be voting Green for my local council.
But for the parliamentary elections, please please use your vote carefully. If it seems like a Labour hold, I would highly recommend sticking with Labour.

A lot of MPs will run on local issues and in an ideal system that's how it should be, but this election is too important to have any other stance than Get the Tories Out.

I don't know your constituency but if it's a marginal please vote for the party that can beat the Tories.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
She'll be 18/19 - too late to try and educate, I likely she'll start to read into any facts, too young to go with her gut, and her mum will both kill me and is probably a Tory from the sound of it

Speak up anyway, there might be people in earshot who would be receptive.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
She'll be 18/19 - too late to try and educate, I likely she'll start to read into any facts, too young to go with her gut, and her mum will both kill me and is probably a Tory from the sound of it
18/19 is the perfect age for people to be educated about politics!

But yeah, I see what you mean. Worth a try to get the cranks moving though.

Khoryos

Nov 5, 2019
I've cast my vote - Polling station was pretty dead, but on the bright side there's lots of ice on the ground so hopefully we'll see a rash of broken hips amongst the 70+ Tory demographic.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Not sure whether to head to my polling station now when it seems dry or to go after work.

I'll be there anyway, it chucked it down at the last GE and my polling station was much further away.