• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
God of War on PS4 is the fastest selling title in the franchise' history.

It has sold over 35% more units in its first week than the previous best, 2010's God of War III.

And it has already overtaken the previous major Sony exclusive this year - Shadow of the Colossus.

The result is that the game is easily this week's No.1 (matching the success of God of War II and III), knocking Far Cry 5 down to No.2. Ubisoft's game had been No.1 for three weeks solid, and remains the biggest launch of the year so far. Of course, Far Cry 5 is available on two platforms - PS4 and Xbox One

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...r-launch-is-the-biggest-in-the-series-history
20180422_204416.jpg

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slay!

Talent always wins

Any idea in what GOW3 launch numbers were for comparison?

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats corybarlog and the SSM team. I reckon this is the type of headline we will be seeing for a while. April NPD thread is gonna come with a beard.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Deserved success for both God of War and Yakuza 6. Real nice to see that Yakuza is selling better and better with each title. Hopefully that trend can continue with Kiwami 2.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hallelujah, hopefully it's a success elsewhere, Cory and the team deserve it.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
This is without digital, right?
Still, good numbers but not as crazy high as I was hoping for

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good. Expected it to do better than horizon but I guess god of war not being as popular in Europe is true. Need to see the legs next week.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
very good and well deserved.

Im honestly more happy that yakuza 6 is selling well, espcially with the demo problems and the fact that new fans like me are waiting to play 2-5

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They were hoping this game would improve the series sales in Europe so this sounds like really good news

HighJump

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Was hoping for more. Still good for a historically weak region for the franchise.

UK, why don't you like ripping the heads off of frost giants?

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No digital - only 1 day sales on the market.

People calling this disappointing are hilarious.

Games going to be huge

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Great to see God of War and Far Cry 5 both doing so well over here. The single best two games I've played in over a year.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Man I am so happy for yakuza. Thought it would bomb releasing close to gow. Thank god I was wrong.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow surprised that yakuza 6 did so well too. I'm glad the series is still slowly but steadily growing even with the sorta haphazard way they handle the entries for newcomers.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Well deserved !

+35% compared to GOW3 is awesome given how hyped was GOW3 at this time