• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is weird that Sony heavily discounted this game. I hope to pick it up soon

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
it helps being dropped to £22ish over black Friday and now being £25-29ish, rather than a £40 that is usual for a launch game.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Well thats interesting, so much for gt being dead it out sold horizon and crash in what 2 months?

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly from how Kaz has talked about it I think they are taking the razor approach with it. They want to get the base game in as many hands as possible to sale more if the dlc packs. I am sure they would have loved for it to be full priced but they might not need it.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We price sensitive Brits love a bargain and when you add the GT brand to a cheap as chips price, you have a winner.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's not surprising considering how cheap it's gotten. They must be relying on dlc sales in the long term.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
This is something to put an * above. The game clearly wasn't cutting it at the original MRSP.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Price cut doesn't always translate into better sales, it's great that GTS is doing this good.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Sales must have been way below expectations. I wonder how it's doing in other countries?

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sort of glad. While the game is severely lacking in content, gameplay wise it's the best of any console sim I've ever played.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the year Sony has with exclusives that's impressive. Although it is GT.

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly from how Kaz has talked about it I think they are taking the razor approach with it. They want to get the base game in as many hands as possible to sale more if the dlc packs. I am sure they would have loved for it to be full priced but they might not need it.
The weird thing is though there isn't even any DLC announced right now, and they are giving away like 10 cars for free very soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Smart move. Better to build a big base to buy future content.

I still think the studio head needs to be replaced or at least closely managed. He has not done a good job with the brand lately.

HighResTomato

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it better be with all those fire sales. Great strategy to sell DLC down the line if the game can keep its players attention.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
So nice I bought it twice. Once with a G29 bundle of which I then traded it into game for £25 credit so I could buy the digital version at no extra cost when it was on sale.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LOL. The haters out in full force. They aren't eating that crow easily. The game will continue to sell well and will make a ton of money off DLC along the way.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
it helps being dropped to £22ish over black Friday and now being £25-29ish, rather than a £40 that is usual for a launch game.
Most games wouldn't sell like this even when discounted.

It outsold GT6, GT1 and GT5 in launch week in UK
Very good in other countries
Don't forget how digital is now much bigger than it used to be before. Saying the game flopped when released in the uk is just laughable.

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't they giving it away with meal combos or something? This was brought up in the last thread but I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not bad at all. December's update will be good, a lot of people are waiting for that old GT style campaign.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
They are literally giving it away for free.
They're not. The concept of bundling a game with a console is something everyone is doing for all major games. Instead of including a third party game and paying the company for that copy Sony is taking that money by including one of their games. If people didn't like the game they can always take a different console with a different game or without but they didn't.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This is only retail sales too. I'd imagine the digital version will have done well with the PSN Black Friday deal.

Overpriced at launch though.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Sony is heavily discounting all of their games really fast. I remember The Last Guardian getting a $20 pricedrop only about a month after release, and both Horizon and Uncharted Lost Legacy were $20 each on the PSN Black Friday sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.