• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frankfurter

Oct 27, 2017
The BoE is in a very difficult situation. Inflation is too high, but there are downward risks for the economy and its current growth rate is only good for a growth rate of roughly 1.5%.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I would be surprised to see this be a boon for savers.

The rise is so low and savings rates on most savings accounts are already a joke, there's no incentive to save right now, I doubt this will change due to this rise.

Savings accounts were crap before the Brexit vote, this is merely reversing the change made since.

Cub3h

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still 3.5 years away from remortgaging and by that time I should be under 50% LTV (down from 85), so I should have a decent buffer against interest increases.

Hopefully this boosts the value of the pound a bit, going on holiday this year was painful with the crappy pound :/

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
My mortgage is fixed until October next year, where I plan to sell and move in with the SO who also has a fixed term till early 2018.

Who knows what the situation looks like then though.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
It was a long time coming - I just hope it doesnt go up further by the time I have to remortgage in August..

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
The rise is tiny, it will barely affect savers, might pinch people with mortgages. This is all about stopping inflation and increasing the strength of sterling.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
The rise is tiny, it will barely affect savers, might pinch people with mortgages. This is all about stopping inflation and increasing the strength of sterling.
Yup.

I'm fixing mine for the next 5 years - gives me the security I need right now. Will be a shame though as I am on the base variable rate which has a few advantages.

Deleted member 22407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well that means the mortgage on my BTL property will go up. We were not able to sell and had to rent it out, when you switch to a BTL mortgage with Nationwide they do not let you take a mortgage product and just get stuck on the standard variable tracker :( .