• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

John Caboose

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Absolutely, but whatever deal (or lack thereof) is made will dictate the nature of those negotations.
The "future relationship" part of the deal is non-binding, so it really serves no other purpose than giving the british politicians another thing to argue about. As far as the EU is concerned it might as well not be part if the deal at all.

But you're completely right in that there is still a huge difference in both negotiating positions and consequences between no-deal brexit and deal-brexit. The deal prevents hard borders on Ireland and between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK by keeping the UK in a customs union with the EU (the "backstop") until a different solution can be agreed upon. In a no deal scenario, UK will become a third country and the border on Ireland will go from soft to hard overnight. Meaning customs, visas, passport checks etc.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019
UK
I live in the Netherlands, it's not an easy decision to make but at this point it's better to just cut our losses and move on. These constant delays are taking up way too many resources.
I like in the UK and I agree, honestly it's time to face the consequences, no delay will help. But I was just explaining why the EU even if it is in a far better position does not want a no deal and keeps bluffing

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I live in the Netherlands, it's not an easy decision to make but at this point it's better to just cut our losses and move on. These constant delays are taking up way too many resources.

This isn't a case like that though. You don't just cut your losses and carry on fine or a bit worse for wear after this. The losses get bigger and bigger and increase the further the cut goes on until the UK goes back begging to the EU.